Back to who?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I liked her years ago.
She was very entertaining especially when she presented with Paul Lavers.
Don't watch any QVC these days, I have moved on.
But she always had a terrible dress sense, hair and makeup kinda stuck in a 1980s time warp, and no real class.

Like previous posters in the early days I looked forward to the TSV launch at midnight. However these days I still think that much of Q's business model is stuck in the 90s.

When Q started there was no Amazon/Ebay/Click and Brick shopping options, also, people now are more savvy and just smarter shoppers with price/product comparison online tools.

Why Q still charge for P&P and returns is beyond me, when the likes of John Lewis and Amazon do it mainly for free. Plus Q seem to salt their customers reviews if they object to content, again something the competion would seem as unethical.

Someone should tell Dale. Last night he went on and on about the reviews only being pulled if there were illegal and they appreciated even the 1,star ones as it told them where they got it wrong.

God they are all brainwashed

I liked her years ago.
She was very entertaining especially when she presented with Paul Lavers.
Don't watch any QVC these days, I have moved on.
But she always had a terrible dress sense, hair and makeup kinda stuck in a 1980s time warp, and no real class.

Lol watch out you may get grief for being so "honest" about her lol

And if anyone knows a "witty" name for someone who cons BCC out of Money by breaking the rules , please let me know.

This is a thread about DF so guess what shes going to be mentioned on it, if your bored by people talking about it and being so outraged by what shes done, then make some new threads. I for one wont be turning a blind eye to what shes done and sweeping it under the carpet.

Disliking name-calling and condoning Debbie Flint's actions are not the same thing. I think we should keep reminders of the Flint & BCC auction fiasco available for new-comers to read but a three-letter word doesn't do that.

Disliking name-calling and condoning Debbie Flint's actions are not the same thing. I think we should keep reminders of the Flint & BCC auction fiasco available for new-comers to read but a three-letter word doesn't do that.

Maybe some 4 letter words would be better?

Autumn- in the spirit of answering your question and in no way accusing anybody in particular- I think the word you are looking for - someone who cons someone out of money by breaking rules- would be "fraudster".

See Number 2, I think that sums DF perfectly IMO.

Screenshot (132).jpg

Maybe some 4 letter words would be better?

Autumn- in the spirit of answering your question and in no way accusing anybody in particular- I think the word you are looking for - someone who cons someone out of money by breaking rules- would be "fraudster".

Thankyou Fraudster is perfect :)

Actually I think calling DF a cow is an insult......to a cow, they're beautiful creatures.

Cows are nice. When I was a kid there was a field full of them behind my cousin's house, I used to lean over the fence and feed them grass whenever I went round, it was lovely. They're sweet, gentle beings. My sister in law to be is scared of them for some reason.

Cows are nice. When I was a kid there was a field full of them behind my cousin's house, I used to lean over the fence and feed them grass whenever I went round, it was lovely. They're sweet, gentle beings. My sister in law to be is scared of them for some reason.
your sister was right to be afraid as they can be very dangerous animals. My friends were trampled by a herd of cows whilst out walking on common land and recieved very serious injuries in fact two were lucky to survive. So never underestimate them.

We once got chased by a herd of cows and ended up scrambling over a series of dry-stone walls to escape. But they are beautiful creatures, and to a bull, irresistible. Dangerous females with long eyelashes, large brown eyes and an appealing voice - what male wouldn't be seduced?

My goodness some of you on this Forum are really 'into' this whole DF thing. Personally she does not really interest me at all I have never actually heard her selling technique or her apparent plugs for her books as I never watch QVC with the volume turned up and I only watch what I might be interested in buying. But I still stick by what I said in my original post even though I'm clearly in the minority.

Does that make you qualified to comment in this instance then? Those commenting do watch and listen, hence their complaints about her. I dunno, seems odd to me. It's like saying you hate curry when you haven't tasted it :wonder:

Does that make you qualified to comment in this instance then? Those commenting do watch and listen, hence their complaints about her. I dunno, seems odd to me. It's like saying you hate curry when you haven't tasted it :wonder:
This is what I can't understand. Why watch someone you clearly dislike so much. What qualifications do you need to call someone derisory names. Are you all just going down to her level perhaps. To me she is a saleswoman on a shopping channel not some deity to be worshipped from afar.

Oh dear. Are we now snipping at each other? It seems that for whatever reason some people have become rather 'involved' with - and worked up about - what is essentially a virtual stranger - a salesperson on a tv shopping channel. Those who are part of her inner sanctum will somehow feel important and 'special' and clearly cannot accept that others do not feel about this woman the way that they do. But you are not going to change anyone's mind with name-calling or anything else. The fact is that people are getting worked up about someone on TV who they do not have to interact with and if people feel that strongly about her and her selling methods, then they should petition QVC with their concerns regarding this woman. There are far worse things in life to argue the toss about than a shopping telly presenter.

Oh dear. Are we now snipping at each other? It seems that for whatever reason some people have become rather 'involved' with - and worked up about - what is essentially a virtual stranger - a salesperson on a tv shopping channel. Those who are part of her inner sanctum will somehow feel important and 'special' and clearly cannot accept that others do not feel about this woman the way that they do. But you are not going to change anyone's mind with name-calling or anything else. The fact is that people are getting worked up about someone on TV who they do not have to interact with and if people feel that strongly about her and her selling methods, then they should petition QVC with their concerns regarding this woman. There are far worse things in life to argue the toss about than a shopping telly presenter.

Couldn't agree more.

As much as DF annoys me I don't think she warrants being called disgusting names.

BB is making a subjective comment on name-calling in her original response to the "Cow" name-calling. I reckon anyone is welcome to post if they're not comfortable with language used in other posts. I don't think you have to watch Debbie to make this kind of observation.

I only dip in and out of listening to QVC, though it's on most of the time if I'm not consciously watching other things. I used to like Debbie when she was first on QVC, she had a cheeky sense of humour and a genuinely naughty laugh. Her return has seen her morph into just another social media-obsessed sales person, but I'd say the same of Pipa and Catherine. The only people interested in tweets being read out on air are the presenter and the tweeter; it's tedious time-filling to me. I'm possibly getting less interested in the presenters these days than when I first watched QVC in about '94/95. I read posts on here about how irritating some find Craig, Simon, Charlie, Catherine, Jill etc and some I agree with but others I don't understand the strength of feeling they incite in other forum members. But I wouldn't dispute the strength of their reaction, I just think there's a better way of expressing it.

Debbie showed a monumental lack of judgement when she bid on the BCC auction and QVC does what it always does when something happens to embarrass the company: nothing public! We don't know what (if any) sanctions Q may have imposed on DF and they will never disclose anything about what went on, they'll continue to suppress comments on their facebook page and to us, it seems that Debbie has got off scott free. QVC is never likely to become an advocate of full-disclosure. They do encourage the presenter personality cult amongst those who are drawn to attain a certain "insider" position, befriending certain presenters and the advent of social media has reinforced this. Saying that I don't like name-calling does not mean I condone anything QVC or its sales staff get away with. QVC is such an odd entity; they'll get a presenter to profusely apologise for a guest saying "crap" on air, but when there's a real scandal they close ranks and keep silent. The bottom line for the company is sales, not entertainment and with no responsibility to talk the vulnerable out of frittering away their money.

Latest posts

Back