Bare Escentuals TSV/Beauty Day - 10/07/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I heard some forum members say that they wish that the foundation was available on QVC in the FAIR option instead of just FAIRLY LIGHT and LIGHT in the paler ranges. Today, at about 11.45am, Lee stated that, in future, the TSVs would be offering FAIR as an option. I rewound the section a couple of times to confirm what she had said. No longer use the range myself but it would be my shade of choice as fairly light is too pale and light is too dark/yellowy. Thought maybe you BE devotees would like to know.

I have watched a bit of this TSV presentation but they haven't said if the foundation and blusher have a lockable sifter. Does anyone know?
None of the jars are lockable in this collection.

I received my BE TSV today and I'm sorry to say that I didn't like the new things in it.
I like the mascara, the foundation and the brush, but not the eye shadows and the blusher and the lip gloss, I hate all lip glosses but read rave reviews and thought that I might like it. Both eye shadows are matt and I'm new to BE shadows, perhaps I need more practice and try to get it right within 30 day MBG. The eye shadows and the blusher are very pigmented mind you I may be heavy handed at times. The gloss is sticky for my liking, not light as was described in reviews or it may be just my perception, I always use dry long lasting lipsticks, never creamy. Anyway, what doesn't suit me will suit someone else I'm sure. I hope those of you who ordered it will make a better use of it than I did.

I'm now playing back a presentation of the TSV and it looks beautiful on models, especially the eye shadows. I'm going to use my 30 day MBG to the full and get it right, thinking back I didn't get on with my fist BE foundation straight away. I just want to keep this kit for the brush, the foundation and the mascara.
I already own the mascara duo and it's brilliant.

I changed my mind about this in the end and didn't buy it. I think that the foundation was too small and the fact that the lids on this are not lockable put me off. They get so messy when travelling or if put in a handbag. I will be going into Space NK next week and will buy the Laura Mercier mineral powder 10g (with lockable lid). It comes in 8 shades so I should find something similar to medium beige. I use the LM tinted moisturiser and love it.

I tried the eye shadows again today and it wasn't any better, they look like dark eye circles on me (brownish). I watched my recording again and found that when SJ applied the "giggle" (lighter one) it looked pretty light blue but it's dark pink in the pot, not any hint of blue, I think that she was using wrong jar if this can happen at all.

Mine has just been delivered - I'm so pleased with it - love the buxom lips and the blush especially. The blush looks dark in the pot but lovely when put on. Yipeeeeeee.

Is anyone pleased with the eye shadows? My brush started losing hairs after I washed it.

Last edited:
anather flawed flawless brush

Is anyone pleased with the eye shadows? My brush started losing hairs after I washed it.

oh dear dont say the hairs are comming from the brush alison young will be insulting you the next time bare escentuals is on lol....:sweat:

I heard some forum members say that they wish that the foundation was available on QVC in the FAIR option instead of just FAIRLY LIGHT and LIGHT in the paler ranges. Today, at about 11.45am, Lee stated that, in future, the TSVs would be offering FAIR as an option. I rewound the section a couple of times to confirm what she had said. No longer use the range myself but it would be my shade of choice as fairly light is too pale and light is too dark/yellowy. Thought maybe you BE devotees would like to know.

Scouser I believe Fair is paler than Fairly Light. I too had tried Light but found it too yellow and dark. Then went for Fairly Light but it just wasn't right for me. I would have liked to try Fair. But I have moved on. All that buffing with a scratchy brush that constantly shed just wound me up.

i've not had problems with my BE brushes and had them few months now going to have you guys thinking i'm disgusting lol but am ashamed to say have not washed my brushes yet am unsure what to use do you use just shampoo? then let them dry naturally been scared to wash them incase i ruined them i would be gutted

Mild shampoo. Do not get water up in the roots where the bristles are glued into the metal bit if possible.

Brushes should not shed, and once they do they won't stop over time. I know I had a really good Laura Mercier blush brush which shed from day one and nothing stopped it.

Not keen on the BE brushes. I found everytime I used BE foundation, after a little while I had quite a prickly itchy face. Was about to give up with BE, when I tried another brand of brush. No more issues with the foundation after that. Can only assume the brushes were a little too harsh for my face.

I still use my big BE brush for applying blusher, but I find them too prickly and harsh for all the "buffing" thats necessary to get a good finish.

Latest posts

Back