Bose. I mean, really?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Dreadful 70's looking product
Dreadful 70's looking guest
Dreadful tired candle demo
Dreadful Dale wheeled out to appeal to a load of grannies who wont realise that £640 for a CD player is a massive rip off.

I mean, really?

i guess it depends what floats your boat , sound systems would be that last thing of any interest to me.. now cameras .. thats a different matter :grin:

I cant belive people would pay this much for a music system , with £639 u could get a holiday somwhere

have not seen it but no doubt they are showing the speakers out by blowing out 2candles time they were trying something else .

I don't have anything against Bose per se, I think some of their gear is excellent, but I do think the cd thing is bonkers. Personally I don't bother with cd's at all any more, all ours are boxed up in the loft and everything is on an iPod. Easier to access, takes up less space,Z far more portable, etc, etc ,etc.

We've had ours for 10 years and is on a glass shelf under the wall mounted TV in our brand new very contemporary kitchen. I can't agree that it's a 70s looking plastic box. Bose design is very simple and timeless, and the sound is fantastic. Love it.

I wonder how many of these they sell, their TSVs seem to come up so often for something that surely is only of interest to a small minority of customers.

I have two small bose on my laptop and sound is great but the ones on today are vastly overpriced and do not get good expert reviews.

I always feel that they're flogging off old stock, and that there's a stash of amazing digital audio equipment waiting to take centre stage. Unfortunately this isn't the case. But the whole look and feel of this is soooooo boring. The guest is boring, the demo hasn't changed for 10 years and neither has his spiel. And they always seem to drag Dale or Charlie on to bore us even more.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I always feel that they're flogging off old stock, and that there's a stash of amazing digital audio equipment waiting to take centre stage. Unfortunately this isn't the case. But the whole look and feel of this is soooooo boring. The guest is boring, the demo hasn't changed for 10 years and neither has his spiel. And they always seem to drag Dale or Charlie on to bore us even more.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Now we've got Simon, does he bore us all as well. I like his shirt, and he is quite hunky, but its weird no one on here mentions him as eye candy, and he is the best of a bad bunch, he just seems to blend into the background. Although i did like the picture of him coming out from the shower with a towel round him, if i remember rightly :)

Now we've got Simon, does he bore us all as well. I like his shirt, and he is quite hunky, but its weird no one on here mentions him as eye candy, and he is the best of a bad bunch, he just seems to blend into the background. Although i did like the picture of him coming out from the shower with a towel round him, if i remember rightly :)

:mysmilie_505: It must be your forthcoming age Barbs? :wink:

They said last night it wasn't a bed -side radio - sorry but that is what it looks like. If a little on the large size.

These are the same TSVs all the time and they are becoming rather boring.
If they are bringing on audio TSVs can we have some new brands.
Can we have SONOS?

Nothing about Bose would persuade me to buy it. I have a 1980's Bang and Olufsen that I got on Ebay for £40 and the sound is awesome. That's good enough for me.

CC

Sonos.
Bringer of limitless joy to my existence.
The sub woofer, if only.....

Bose is a triumph of marketing and there are plenty of brands that deliver way better quality starting with Tivoli.

I'm not an expert but used to work where sound was important as projectionist for over 7 years in many different cinemas and Bose was never considered the best at all, many conversations with fellow projectionists all said they were much of nothing and they loved their sound too. I even worked in a cinema where brand new Bose speakers were installed with a new Dolby stereo system (before digital) and all I could hear different was more bass. Now I know it could be seen as a different sound envoiroment compared to in the home but as many people have already mentioned on this thread, there are better for the same price out there.

Latest posts

Back