Brands being cheapened.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that some of the core products from brands such as Elemis, Gatineau and Decleor, among others, have somehow reduced the quality of their products? The smells have changed and some are now quite unpleasant and once-thick creams have become a lot thinner. Ultrasun is another one - I've used the face anti-pigmentation for a while now. I recently opened a new container and it was much thinner and with a strange smell. I asked about it FB and QVC said that Abi Cleeve (spelling?) confirmed that they have changed their manufacturing process, so the product is thinner and with a different smell - it smells a bit like a fake tan. To me, it means they found a way of selling us more air or more water. I also managed to spill some on a dressing gown where is now watery, and it has completely stained the gown. This has never happened before and it makes me wary of using it when I'm dressed in case it dribbles and stains. I used to love the Elemis smells but I've had to return some recently as they are obnoxious now. I don't think my nose is changing, so has anyone noticed this? Do they all use a base product from a central source, which may have changed?

If a brand gets bought out you can guarantee they will reformulate.

Ultrasun has actually banned in some countries Australia because it damages micro marine life. Perhaps that is the reason they reformulated?

Brands like Molton Brown use QVC to get rid of stuff they have discontinued they move to their discount stores but QVC can move much more quickly for them. I have seen quite a few products that I know have been discontinued two years before suddenly pop up on QVC as a Special Deal.

Decleor has changed massively since the l'OREAL buyout filtered through to the formulations. I won't buy now, unless it's an 'old' batch. Exception is the prolagene, think that's still the same.

if you don't love the Decleor moisturisers new formula try the Liz sale superskin with Neroli its beautiful and many hours after sing your skin still feels moist and plump

If they mess with PCMC I’ll revert back to La Roche Posay, I’ve never had irritation from that range and it’s in Boots, no p&p.

As soon as I know a brand has been bought out I go off it although I have continued to buy Liz Earle.I did buy a Superskin moisturiser with Neroli before Christmas from Boots and it has little smell.Decleor I am not bothering with now.I did like Jo Malone but having tried my old favourites a while ago felt that they too had changed, now part of Lauder.

As soon as I know a brand has been bought out I go off it although I have continued to buy Liz Earle.I did buy a Superskin moisturiser with Neroli before Christmas from Boots and it has little smell.Decleor I am not bothering with now.I did like Jo Malone but having tried my old favourites a while ago felt that they too had changed, now part of Lauder.
I've noticed the changes in Jo Malone but didn't know what's happened. The colour of the liquid is now clear white and I asked the assistant why it changed she said it didn't and was always like this. Hmm yeah. Why did she have to lie or was she new? I'm now weary of Jo Malone and am staying away from the brand unless I see it changes for the better. I've been to JO Loves and wasn't that impressed and it's expensive, I prefer the Jo Malone old stock and Loccitane scents.By the way, some are currently in the Winter Sale in Loccitane.

l'occitane are not that great for scents anymore weak and very high street imo
I agree some are weak, some okay, I hope they may change for the better, they are a lovely brand. Or has someone bought L'occitane?

Latest posts

Back