buy liz earle makeup from QVC or you will get Liz Earle Letter!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mink

Registered Shopper
I emailed Liz Earle with this forums comments on their failure to exchange a concealer which was the wrong colour when I tried it on my skin. You were kind enough to remind me that both QVC and Avon exchange anything that is unsatisfactory.

This is their reply.

We regret that we are unable to refund or exchange opened Colour purchases. We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

I am very disappointed and would not like anyone else to waste their money so I would urge you to buy either from QVC or visit a store and try the makeup on your skin.

That's Liz Earle finished for me!

from Liz Earle online
they are usually so helpful but I think this policy on their makeup range will annoy everyone

makeup is a bummer. i bought laura gellers balance n brighten and it was more like unbalance and frighten...qvc did give me a refund. liz earle should have sent you one of those avon like satchets so you could try it out before opening the full size one. suprised at liz earle normally very good!

Mink, you could order a different shade from QVC (when they stock it) and return the one that doesn't suit in its place (but you didn't hear it from me). The vendor stands the cost of return items so LE will be indirectly refunding you so your conscience will be clear. Think of it as shopping karma!

Jude xx

makeup is a bummer. i bought laura gellers balance n brighten and it was more like unbalance and frighten...qvc did give me a refund. liz earle should have sent you one of those avon like satchets so you could try it out before opening the full size one. suprised at liz earle normally very good!

love it! :mysmilie_480:

same as Kiplings attitude to me when I complained to them that the TSV was neither white, nor large nor suitable for the use they stated on air. They didn't give a rat's arse!!!

I agree with Unsure, which is why for ages they refused to admit they had changed the formulation of C&P and many people didn't like the new version. LE herself will make the vaguest reference to an updated formula on the shows but still insists it's somehow the same as the original when it clearly isn't. I used to LOVE LE and was evangelical about her and her products. I feel like I've seen through the soft focus lens now...

I agree with Unsure, which is why for ages they refused to admit they had changed the formulation of C&P and many people didn't like the new version. LE herself will make the vaguest reference to an updated formula on the shows but still insists it's somehow the same as the original when it clearly isn't. I used to LOVE LE and was evangelical about her and her products. I feel like I've seen through the soft focus lens now...

I agree, I would only use LE and it was only after reading on here that I realised I wasn't imagining it and the C&P had changed. I now see the LE the business woman and am no longer taken in by the soft voice and smile.

I all ways feel that Liz Earle is the original "Wolf in Sheep's clothing" She comes across as a calm holistic therapist with her only using the very best botanicals. While as in reality she is just like the rest of them peddling their version of "snake oil". While running their competitors down.
They are all as bad as each other in my view ,they are all selling the promise of eternal youth which as we all know is just not possible we will all grow older and eventually it will show on our face all they are doing is putting of the inevitable.
Which is fine if they where all telling the truth there is NO MAGIC FORMULAR.

I emailed Liz Earle with this forums comments on their failure to exchange a concealer which was the wrong colour when I tried it on my skin. You were kind enough to remind me that both QVC and Avon exchange anything that is unsatisfactory.

This is their reply.

We regret that we are unable to refund or exchange opened Colour purchases. We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

I am very disappointed and would not like anyone else to waste their money so I would urge you to buy either from QVC or visit a store and try the makeup on your skin.

That's Liz Earle finished for me!

There's the benefit of QVC MBG for you. And avon don't provide samples of make up in the brochure so unless the AVON rep has samples (and mine never does) then Avon can only sell with the colour in the brochure so not a surprise they exchange items.

I don't know many brands who will take back used opened cosmetics, but I think John Lewis have started to allow cosmetics to be exchanged as I got my mum a clinique tinted moisturiser she wanted as a gift and the lady told me I could exchange if it was the wrong colour, but I think it was only if the product had not been opened.

Most dept stores hand out samples if you ask and have a tester so the issue does not come up. In Liz Earle's defence, the company has, for months now, been sending out samples of every shade of the skin tint with orders, I had mine from Q. So if you have received one of these samples then you should have been able to order the correct shade. Does the LE website not have a facility to "request samples"? If not maybe that would be a good idea, one set per customer, subject to availability blah blah blah.

Their customer service may seem a little rigid, but they are no different from many other companies, and lets face it we have been spoilt by QVC over the years! And if this forum is correct Q may have factored in a means of dealing with the cost of returns via the original p&p (whereas LE is free) and by passing the cost back to the manufacturer. It would be business suicide for Liz Earle to adopt this without the means to absorb the cost.

The LE website will exchange or refund skincare products that don't suit, which is why it's perfectly reasonable fot Mink to expect the same with their cosmetic line. (unless this policy has also now changed)

Jude xx

Liz Earle do not like admitting anything being wrong with their range.

I complained about the Liz Earle Superskin moisturiser smelling like fish after a couple of months, I bought the large size from the shop on the IOW.....

They sent me a small size and told me to return the large one which I did.

They just said there was nothing wrong with it (it actually stank) and when I queried them sending me a small size in lieu of the large one I had purchased, they said since I had used some, they had sent the amount that was left in the pot........

Despite the fact they sent it BEFORE they saw what was in the original pot???

Various emails exchanged but they simply would not accept that the product smelt like cod liver oil LONG before I got to the bottom of the pot!

That was the end of buying LE for me.

Yes Liz all soft lighting earth mother. But watch her eyes, pure shark.

Debenhams etc will exchange cosmetics if you have been sold the wrong colour, but it must be unused.

You are buying from Liz Earle by long distance selling, and therefore going by the descriptions of what is suitable for your skin tone by their advice. Which is it seems sh*te and goes by the X is for and must be suitable for Y.

someone on QVC facebook page got her knickers in a twist because two of us pointed out certain things about beloved Liz. We were called sh*t stirrers and liars. I pointed out you cannot argue with facts and the fact was Liz publicly said her favourite mascara was Lancome(in other words L'Oreal).

Avon representatives have to buy their own samples and pay for them, that is why 99.9% don't have any.

Oh and Liz will be very happy as word is L'Oreal are now circling Avon to buy them as well as Coty.

The LE website will exchange or refund skincare products that don't suit, which is why it's perfectly reasonable fot Mink to expect the same with their cosmetic line. (unless this policy has also now changed)

Jude xx

Do you think that products that don't suit means you have changed your mind or have tried them and they aren't any good? Does it actually state on the LE site that you can try and then return items?.

SallyMc, the superskin cream does have fish oil in it which whiffs a bit, but it is a very good ingredient fot eczema prone skin because it contains EPA which is in fish oil.

Latest posts

Back