buy liz earle makeup from QVC or you will get Liz Earle Letter!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SallyMc, the superskin cream does have fish oil in it which whiffs a bit, but it is a very good ingredient fot eczema prone skin because it contains EPA which is in fish oil.

Oh, I liked the cream and the smell was fine when I started using it.

I am talking a couple of months later and it STINKING........def a change to the smell and for the worse :wink:

Not the original smell which I rather liked.

ewwww fishy smelling face cream - no thanks! I have been put off buying her hair care range as it just costs so much now to buy online. I normally buy it from the LE site, though free P&P MAY pursuade me! Nearly £30 for 2 conditioners (I seem to use these quicker than the shampoo!) and 1 shampoo! I am now using a different range for coloured hair in Boots (L'Oreal!!!) which costs £18 for the same amount (and it lasts way longer!).

I don't like the way she looks with her eyes either - very false and 'unkind'.

despite her wholesome english rose appearance she is a hard-nosed business woman.

Oh totally agree with this! She did start out as a journalist after all, and was a beauty features writer for the magazines and newspapers, then on to morning TV to review products. I always felt that the measured way she looks at the presenters when they talk to her, before she answers is quite telling. To me, she comes across as calculating, and never seems to have much of a sense of humour, don't think I've seen her genuinely laugh yet.

(Although she probably does when counting her profits!)

Last edited:
I complained about the Liz Earle Superskin moisturiser smelling like fish after a couple of months, I bought the large size from the shop on the IOW.....

They sent me a small size and told me to return the large one which I did.

They just said there was nothing wrong with it (it actually stank) and when I queried them sending me a small size in lieu of the large one I had purchased, they said since I had used some, they had sent the amount that was left in the pot........

Despite the fact they sent it BEFORE they saw what was in the original pot???

Various emails exchanged but they simply would not accept that the product smelt like cod liver oil LONG before I got to the bottom of the pot!

That was the end of buying LE for me.

Feedback like this is so valuable to LE customers. The customer service is something I take into account before buying from a company, and LE are so short-sighted to treat people this way.

If you get a cosmetic home and find you don't like it (daylight can make such a difference), take it back and say you've reacted to it. They will always change it (I've never had a problem anyway). A bit naughty I know, but it does work.

I have used LE for over 10 years. The new make line does not interest me at all, i am very happy with Bobbi Brown and a tiny bit of Laura Mercier. The quality is brill and although pricey, at my age now, its worth it. When you are a teenager and in your twenties, you can get away with cheaper stuff, but now at middle aged, it looks cheap and nasty, not that the new LE made up is cheap at all, its quite expensive.

The skincare is another matter. I have veered off course lately and tried a couple of other cleansers etc in an attempt to save money. No7 being one. As soon as I have used it all up, I will be reordering Cleanse and Polish again. Even with the almond oil taken out and goodness knows what other alterations they have made, for me, it is the best. The superskin moisturiser and superskin concentrate oil are my hero products too. Liz might be a miserable bag on TV, but i will be sticking with her skincare.

The Superskin Moisturiser smells terrible. I can't bear it & for that reason I will not buy any more plus the fact that I cannot see it makes a blind bit of difference to my skin. Judith Williams does a great job & smells divine.

I agree with all the comments on here about Her Royal Divaness Liz Earle. I would not trust her any further than I could throw her. I worked with a lady a few years back whose niece worked for morning television when LE was on, & she was very uncomplimentary about her morales!

I can spot people like that. Social workplace psychopaths was a description I liked. If you've worked in any organisation you'll know who they are!

@Unsure ~ In my experience, the word I use, is 'sniper' - prey is in the crosshairs, shoot to kill, wait to see who comes from the sidelines to rescue victim, refocus and repeat with new prey.

Alternatively do what I do - having learned the hard way- go to work, keep your head down and do your job, avoid gossip, sniping or revealing too much information about yourself- but be pleasant to people- and then go home to the really important people, friends., family, hobbies, pets, whatever. Work is a means to an end and you don't draw your last breath wishing you has spent more time in the office. I for one wont be wasting my time or energy worrying about the office ar**hole!

Alternatively do what I do - having learned the hard way- go to work, keep your head down and do your job, avoid gossip, sniping or revealing too much information about yourself- but be pleasant to people- and then go home to the really important people, friends., family, hobbies, pets, whatever. Work is a means to an end and you don't draw your last breath wishing you has spent more time in the office. I for one wont be wasting my time or energy worrying about the office ar**hole!

So true lots of smiling assassins out there, sickly sweet but will but the knife in at the first opportunity.

Well I must either be truly thick skinned or wonderfully naive. I've no problem with Liz Earle looking like an English Rose but being a tough business woman. Why would I? It's no shocker she's in business to make money and I've seen no real evidence to support dodgy business practice.

So the company doesn't accept make up returns but neither does pretty much every cosmetic and skincare brand you care to mention.

Going back to the original post the recommendation was that if you didn't want to be in the position where you couldn't return something the to shop at QVC. Given that Liz Earle (the company) picks up the cost of returns they had no need to give that advice. We all know about QVC but some LE customers may not.

And I do think there's some confusion between the woman and the brand. If you don't like her then that's fine bit she's not the company. When you run a company there comes a point where the company becomes the brand and it's not "you" anymore.

Fantastic advice, it took me years to learn that not everyone is 'nice' and I am never going to know why some people go to work to be thoroughly unpleasant, not so much dealt out to me but I hated the office politics and observed much machiavellian goings-on, which quite frankly made me uncomfortable. I am much happier rowing my own boat, where being kind is the company way!

Interesting message on facebook about this.

I phoned liz Earle the other night as I wasn't sure about the colour of concealer to order, the lady i spoke to was ever so helpful, she said they send you out a little book with colour swatches with your product so you can compare the colour to products you are currently using, if you get your product and it is the wrong colour, they will exchange it as long as it is unopened. Not as good as Qvc but at least they will exchange, if you think it is the wrong colour you have ordered xx

So this is what this lady was told.

I have to say Liz Earle as a company,has been a saviour to my eldest son,who has very bad psoriasis type skin.Her C&P and superskin has been about the only cream he can use without a reaction.We actually think he's now allergic to SLS/SLES,which might be imitating as a psoriasis condition or as well as this condition.

I've tried just about every high street cleansing/moisturiser product going for him (honestly) and a few internet based one too.Liz Earle is still the one to beat.I have only just bought the shampoo for him this week,and its amazing.

I've spent so much money on products that he can't use,that I use them myself,as I absolutely hate waste.They would not be my first choice of products to use,but I do use them and IMHO also Liz Earle is still the best.

I've tried a lot of the products over the years on QVC,because he can try them and send them back if they don't suit.I don't feel any qualms about this - its what QVC advertise after all.I cannot however have a swipe off the top and take that products back to boots,send back to Amazon etc.....I just have to forsake the cost...and I have done many times.

Personally I would never dream of sending any cream,whatever, back - if I had not bought at QVC.QVC are unusual at "allowing" this practise to happen.I don't think any less of Liz Earle the company,responding with a No.......I thought that was pretty much the norm.

As for Liz Earle herself,I don't really have an opinion.Actually maybe I do - she went down a bit in my mind selling out to Avon.Thats not what I thought Liz Earle stood for.But I do agree shes in business......and business is business....you'll never please 100% of your customers,100% of the time.

Unfortunate, if you're the percentage that she can't accommodate,I certainly agree.....but shes now a multi award winning,multi million pound (I imagine) business - I doubt she care too much about the ones that are unsatisfied :down:

despite her wholesome english rose appearance she is a hard-nosed business woman.

Let me clarify my earlier post (see above). It was just an observation not a criticism. Any woman/man who makes a success of their business has to be completely dedicated, determined and single-minded.

I love her Superskin Concentrate oil and I know she recommends using it at night, but I use it mornings as well because it makes my foundation go on better.

Linda xx

I admire what she has achieved and I like the products made by Liz Earle, they are very good.

But it remains my observation that they don't accept being in the wrong, LE is not as nice as she makes out to be and I've worked for and with a few out of the same mould. She isn't my friend or employer so I base my observations on the contact I've had with the company.

When she first started on QVC years ago she was nice, I always got her TSVs but ever since she sold out to Avon I can't even bear to watch her royal smugness. Does she really think that we are still believe her stuff is made in the IOW by ladies in pearls and twinsets, maybe it is (probably mogadon charlie with the pearls and twinset - but thats for another thread!) but I just can't bear to watch her anymore.

Got the latest Q newsletter - her makeup range launches on 29 May

I am not really bothered what she is like as a person. If I like certain products and they work for me, I use them. Simples!

I am not really bothered what she is like as a person. If I like certain products and they work for me, I use them. Simples!

Me too!
People don't like Natalia but to me she's a goddess - she introduced me to a product that gave me back my eyebrows & deserves a Cracker-jack pencil!

Latest posts

Back