Cancelling an order vs 30 day returns?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally Loopy Lou

Registered Shopper
Hi apologies if this is covered somewhere else obvious - I know I've read a thread on it before, but I can't find it and it's getting a bit time sensitive!

Anyway it's a little appeal for help regarding returns vs cancelling an order.

In a rash moment, I bought the recent Camouflage Company TSV.
I immediately regretted being sucked in, and am not impressed with them now received! ;)

Want to send them back, but wondering if I can use the cancellation option to get original postage refunded as well?

Received last Monday (ie it will be 14 days on this coming Monday).

Opened box and opened cellophane packaging to take the pieces out.

Unfolded them, had a good look and then refolded the items and all put back as received.
(The cellophane tore a tiny bit along the seal).

I know I can use the 30 day returns no problems, but wondering if I can still cancel my order?

But not sure if to do that you need to not have opened the packaging etc at all?

Also do I need to contact QVC to let them know id like to cancel and if so, what is the best (and easiest!) method?
Seem to remember there was a form somewhere but would rather not have to write via snail mail!

Sorry to be pain and thanks in advance for any help/advice! :)

(Was excited to get the CC storage boxes but find the Indy chic print really blurry, they've got ugly plastic tabs and find them very plasticky overall especially for the price. But reviews are good so it's clearly just me!)

I once ordered an expensive beauty item and regretted it. All I did was to not accept the delivery from Hermes. It was just returned by them with no inconvenience to me.

I don’t really think you can claim cancelling your order if you opened the packaging. To cancel you’d have needed to ring QVC up and like Evie said, they’d have told you to refuse delivery. In this case they’d just class it as you’ve changed your mind and as we all know, you get no help off QVC for that. I’d just return them and put it down to costly experience.

FAQS section at bottom of website:
'Can I cancel an order?
You may be able to cancel the processing of an order if the items have not yet been despatched from our warehouse.

To find out if you're able to cancel an order before despatch, select 'Order status' under My Orders in My account. Search by item number or order number and if you're able to cancel a specific order, the message 'Cancel order' will appear. If you wish to cancel the order, select this option and when asked 'Are you sure?' click 'Yes'. Your order will then be cancelled'.

I assume this is common to all distance selling companies, not just QVC.

when you phone them they always say we can't cancel tts too late even 10 seconds later...even though the item will take 4 days to arrive. not flexible

when you phone them they always say we can't cancel tts too late even 10 seconds later...even though the item will take 4 days to arrive. not flexible

On your account page, if you click order number a page comes up and sometimes (if you’re lucky) you get up to a whopping thirty minutes to click “cancel” Visa will have already reserved the money’s so you have to wait a week for the money to drop back in to your bank account, yes all very 1993.

Just email them telling them you wish to cancel your order as per your DSR and expect your postage to be refunded.
Worse case scenario you end up with the 30 day mbg , best case you get your p&p refunded.

Give it a go

( I only ever email, never phone them and usually get the p&p refunded)

I don’t see how you can cancel an order you have already accepted and opened. I think the best you can hope for is the usual 30days return with a request for your P&P to be refunded.

Just email them telling them you wish to cancel your order as per your DSR and expect your postage to be refunded.
Worse case scenario you end up with the 30 day mbg , best case you get your p&p refunded.

Give it a go

Consumer Contracts Regulations applied from June 2014. This tells you all you need to know. I wonder if the Q is aware of the regs.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-cancel-an-online-order

If it I faulty they will refund your postage and send you a return label, so examine it carefully to look for any faults.

For example, you said the printing is blurry. Is it supposed to be blurry or is this a fault?

Did it look sharp on the TV?

Is there still a photo on-line, does it look sharp there? If it does, then your blurriness is a fault.

Give it a go

I do exactly the same and when I get the refund I check that postage was included, if not, I email them again. Works every time and you have it in writing with the date stamp but I was never asked to prove my email.

I always email to cancel, I haven't used the 30MBG for years. Provided the item isn't used* just email to say you wish to cancel under the CC regs (if you say Distance Selling regs it makes no odds) and they'll reply by email giving you confirmation and a "paper trail" if anything goes awry. I don't use the Q website contact form I email [email protected] but other email addresses are available.

*QVC are far less strict about the condition of the items "cancelled", so taking them out of the packaging even if you can't fold them exactly as they arrived is fine. You can try on garments and shoes but not remove tags or wear them out. I've even cancelled beauty items if they arrived sealed and they remain sealed. Q is also more flexible than most if you are a day or two past the actual 14 days since delivery; for most Royal Mail deliveries they have no record of the exact date of delivery so I'd email, cancel and send them back TLL.

The reason QVC aren’t as “strict” with returns, and don’t we all know it having had someone else’s dirty used return, is because there is no communication between the warehouse and customer service, so as the item is scanned as “received” the warehouse staff just lob it back with all the others to go out to some other unsuspecting customer. They do occasionally do spot checks apparently, were I read that someone had their account closed for not being honest about a return.

Gosh thank you so much everyone!

Just now need to read it all properly and try to digest!

I know it sounds crazy to cancel something you've already received, but it was the distance selling reg's that I was thinking of (as it was known, but had forgotten the name! And I'm not sure what the new CC stands for!)

I will get my carer to help me - have not slept a second since Monday midday so am off the planet!n:(
Hence I started this thread as no brain function of my own..!
And everyone has come up trumps with tips and advice which is much appreciated :)

Thanks 'Guys'!

just copy and paste into and email:

order number nnnnnnn
item number 808490

I'd like to cancel this order under the CC regs could you confirm the original p&p will also be refunded when you process its return?

Totally Looby Loo

Hope that helps and as long as you've emailed to cancel there's less pressure to post it back quickly (within reason). If you're stuck indoors as I am a lot of the time you can arrange for Hermes to collect your parcel from your home address - you'd need access to a printer to print a return label. info here! Handy if you can't get to a post office easily. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. PM me if you prefer.

BUT!

If you feel the pattern is wrong because it's blurry I'd give them a call and ask for a return label because it's faulty. I've done this when stripes on a garment don't meet at the seams and they've sent out a label and will refund the outward postage.

Ahh bless your heart Akimbo! ;)

That's SO useful and will save a lot of stress and energy for me, thank you!
And that I can manage it and get my carer to do more important thing like cook..!

So sorry you're stuck inside a lot, so hard.
I am mostly housebound but for my little garden...

I saw you could arrange Hermes collection (brilliant!!) but had forgotten and also didn't know if that would work I'm cancelling it etc so thanks for that too!

Have a good day. Won't PM for now as meant to be resting but thank you for now... Take care X

Ps. Will see what carer thinks of pattern - it could be my triple vision (don't think so!) or maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist but I did expect better from the ladies!!

Finally just found this on QVC website.
Can't process ATM but note they don't call it CC OR DSR reg's..!

I want to cancel an item under my statutory cancellation rights. What do I do?
As well as your 30-day QVC money back guarantee, you also have a statutory right to cancel your purchase within 14 days of receiving the products (subject to the exceptions stated below).
You can cancel by just simply returning the item to us within 14 days of receiving your product, however, we recommend calling our Freephone Customer Care line or emailing us via our Contact Us page, with your order details. Doing this allows us to place comments on your order for our returns processors, and we'll have a recorded date of your request, for any future referencing. You can also write a note on your returns slip, that's included with your return.
You must return the products to us (at your own risk and cost) within 14 days of notifying us of your cancellation in accordance with the return instructions and invoice enclosed with your order. If the products are unsuitable for return by post, you will be responsible for the cost of couriering them to us; if you contact Customer Care directly on Freephone 0800 51 41 31 we will try to provide you with an estimate of the courier cost. We will refund the full purchase price together with the standard delivery charge paid within 14 days of receiving the returned products or proof of postage. If you chose to pay for enhanced delivery, we will only refund the cost of standard delivery.
Some items are exempt - you do not have the legal right to cancel the following items: (I) perishable products e.g. food or flowers; (ii) audio/video recordings, DVDs or computer software that you have removed from the sealed packaging in which they were delivered to you; (iii) products made to your own specification; (iv) periodicals or magazines; and (v) sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons that you have removed from the sealed packaging e.g. Earrings or underwear.

They will have taken the money from your account when the order was dispatched. It would be worth ringing CS though, because I've done this a couple of times, when returning items that I didn't want, and they've sent me a returns postage label as "a gesture of good will."

You can however ring CS and cancel something that's on advanced order because the order isn't in process until it's arrived in the warehouse. (I've done that as well)

Latest posts

Back