Charged twice, QVC denying it.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have you looked into CHARGEBACK from your bank or credit card. See Moneysavingexpert for details

We sometimes are the "victims" of this at work when people claim that goods have been ordered on their card and not received by them. Even though we have signed proof of delivery the customer will claim it was not signed by them or one of their employees. A while back somebody did this for a second time, now if someone other than you had ordered goods on your card surely you would get that card cancelled, but obviously they didn't and the same thing happened again which is fishy to say the least. I'm not suggesting for a moment that you are doing anything dodgy, but if someone can "win" under the circumstances I have described you should be able to get a satisfactory outcome when your case is genuine.

srhgts, boffy is absolutely right - if you issue a small claims action, make sure you have listed all the costs you want to claim back, otherwise amending the original claim can be a pain - even worse if it gets to a hearing and you haven't claimed for everything.

I would agree with everyone else that small claims is the way to go srhgts. Send them a letter by recorded delivery this week giving them seven days to issue your refund - add on costs and specify the date that you want it settled by. Keep a copy of your letter. If you don't get your refund issue a summons against them in your local court, it's really cheap and simple to do, you will get your costs back and it's highly likely they'll cough up before the hearing date. If it goes to court they almost certainly won't even bother to appear and you'll get your judgement automatically!

I would agree with everyone else that small claims is the way to go srhgts. Send them a letter by recorded delivery this week giving them seven days to issue your refund - add on costs and specify the date that you want it settled by. Keep a copy of your letter. If you don't get your refund issue a summons against them in your local court, it's really cheap and simple to do, you will get your costs back and it's highly likely they'll cough up before the hearing date. If it goes to court they almost certainly won't even bother to appear and you'll get your judgement automatically!

then if they still dont pay you can call in the sheriffs and be on daytime tv. that will show them

srhgts, good luck, hope you get a result. Let us know how you get on, won't you.

Well so far we've called the customer service manager back to complain again, and said if it wasn't sorted within 24 hours we'd start proceedings for the small claims court. She promised it would be sorted... surprise surprise, it wasn't. So we're going to fill in the forms etc for small claims today.

Well so far we've called the customer service manager back to complain again, and said if it wasn't sorted within 24 hours we'd start proceedings for the small claims court. She promised it would be sorted... surprise surprise, it wasn't. So we're going to fill in the forms etc for small claims today.
Give them a couple of days more, just to save yourselves the hassle of filling in the forms

I can't help thinking that if you had said you'd be contacting Watchdog, they might have reacted. Small claims court won't expose them to any negative publicity, whereas Watchdog will.

24 hours is not long enough i would say 10 - 14 days. then small claims. its cheap and usually does the job. i would imagine watchdog take time to show complaints on air but you could contact then as well. remember to charge for everything. court costs, time and the porice of the item. plus compesation for being pushed around

Finally it's sorted!!! :mysmilie_14:

Give them a couple of days more, just to save yourselves the hassle of filling in the forms

You were quite right, it seems it just needed a little longer to process. On this occasion it seems the customer service manager was actually telling the truth for once, she was just a bit optimistic about how quickly it could go through.
Thanks again for your advice everyone, I'm so relieved it's finally over.

srhgts, Good advice from iloveshopping - wait just a couple more days (I'm sure you're busting to get those forms filled in, and I don't blame you), but you know what these firms are like, have 2 speeds, dead slow and stop. Then they'll have to pay the costs of issuing the summons (which probably isn't cheap), and you'll want costs and any expenses if it goes to a court hearing, so sock it to them for everything you can, as long as you can justify it. 10-1 they won't send any representation to a hearing, so with luck you'll get judgment anyway.

srhgts, just read your post - delighted. Well done, you. Just remember to repeat the curse: "may their wotsits shrivel".

Finally it's sorted!!! :mysmilie_14:

You were quite right, it seems it just needed a little longer to process. On this occasion it seems the customer service manager was actually telling the truth for once, she was just a bit optimistic about how quickly it could go through.
Thanks again for your advice everyone, I'm so relieved it's finally over.

Latest posts

Back