Chloe know-it-all on Join

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't think her vocabulary is in any way limited. I think the real reason is that she's resisted being programmed by QVC Management into the sales-vocab-patter, and when she's given a product to sell that's essentially crap she doesn't have any disingenuous words to sell it. It's a bit like someone going 'mmmn, lovely' in response to being asked what they think of their friend's hideous outfit. And that Len Goodman CD made me think of rows of high-backed chairs in a nursing home's day room.

Don't knock it ! as the age groups progressively get older, it will soon be 60's music being blasted in care homes, followed by punk and glam rock, heavy metal (just imagine all those residents trying to sleep to THAT !!) and so on until it becomes Take That and Lady Gaga ! if anybody remembers them that far into the future !

I'm always amazed(in true Q style) at their idea of what we wear to travel in. Now I'm sure that Tova and the like still travel first class a la 1950's Hollywood but most people I know wear comfortable clothes which will stand up to sitting around for hours in grubby airports certainly not cardies at over 100 squid.

Mind you on my last plane journey an Italian lady sitting opposite (late 30's) took up the 3 seats and fell asleep. She awoke and proceeded to change ALL her clothes, from underwear to outer coat and shoes in the seat, then went to the loo for half an hour (what was left to do!!) came back and did a full re make up job.

Mr L had a great time with the in house entertainment.

Oh, I remember my first air flight back in the late 60's. One of those coloured Clarksons planes taking me to Ibiza for a £32 two weeks holiday ! I remember getting really dressed up to fly, mini dress with co-ordinating jacket, heeled shoes and a 'proper' handbag; even the fellas wore suits and ties to travel. But then, in those days we would be smartly turned out to visit someone in hospital, to see the doctor and attend the theatre. Being 'comfy' is ok, but when I saw male guests turn up at a wedding recently in jeans and open necked sports shirts, I did think that 'casual' on these occasions was a step too far, and think that we have generations now who have no sense of occasion to dress appropriately.

I remember travelling in the 60's and getting proper silver service meals. Dressing was different because there wasn't the hanging around airports for hours and there were proper clean places to sit.

Even today I can't imagine ever going outside the front door in clothes I wear around the house. Maybe it is the results of having to work in a workplace where the dress code is strict and fairly staid, it means I'm never really at ease in very casual clothes.

I also rember when there was a restriction in the amount of money you could take out of the UK and you had to get your passport stamped at the bank but when Mr L and I went on honeymoon in 71 we had nowhere near the limit to take as spending money (I think the limit was about 40 pounds) !!!!!!

Talking about presenters talking over guest presenters ... just watched the `Winter Fashion` after the Centigrade TSV and the Muk Luk guest remarked how northern Claire Sutton said it ...she was completely ignored and CS couldn`t move on fast enough At least Chloe doesn`t try to disguise it or hide where she comes from whereas CS uses it when it suits!! You would never think it would you? ...she wouldn`t get a refund from that Q charm school now would she ?

Latest posts

Back