CID what do people think?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WildRose

Registered Shopper
has anyone used any CID? What do they think?
I am a bit of a make up addict but have managed to resist it so far, but Kathy looked great so am starting to wonder:wink::wink::wink:

I've never tried it but seeing Kathy looking so good I've just ordered two items myself! The shimmer doodah in pink and a setting powder and brush...hope some forumites can tell me how good it is!

We had it my local House of Fraser for a while. Sorry looked like a cheap copy of Laura Gellar baked stuff. Then got something free with a magazine which I was unimpressed by.

Have to agree with Donna tried it once and was very disappointed,lot of the products made in Taiwan,also the guest drives me mad saying Absolutely in every sentence.
Lynn

mmm...disappointing. But the reviews give 5 and 4.5 out of 5 on my two items so I'll see how I get on with them.

I suppose you can still cancell them BusyMum if you are quick,think of the p&p.

Last edited:
I tried the eyeliner trio when it was first launched on Q. Went straight back. It ran everywhere.

hm, that does not sound promising, had my eye on that shimmer glow thingy too, as the reviews are good

if you've not ordered WildRose I'll let you know what I think of mine!

thanks Marina! but I'm going to give them a go!

I bought the first TSV, not sure how many they have had now. Was not very impressed, would not buy again. The hinges broke on the packaging, the lights never worked and the Mascara was one of the worst I've tried very clumpy.

has anyone used any CID? What do they think?
I am a bit of a make up addict but have managed to resist it so far, but Kathy looked great so am starting to wonder:wink::wink::wink:

I love it and think it is a great range - the foundation is really brilliant (much better for me than Mally), but they have not had cinnamon (my shade) today or I would have bought some more. I'm afraid the 'not buying' has only lasted a week and today I caved in with new CID.

I've never tried it but seeing Kathy looking so good I've just ordered two items myself! The shimmer doodah in pink and a setting powder and brush...hope some forumites can tell me how good it is!

The setting powder and the brush made me fall off the 'no shopping' wagon, what a great price especially with the brush it looks great and has good reviews (and if we don't like it, will be cheap to return!)

I had a pair of lipsticks, lovely colours, but after a while I was tired of wearing lard on my lips and threw them out.

I have heard that some Laura Geller, Mally and New CID are made at the AVON factories and developed through AVON labs. I do know that Mally eyeliner pencils appear very similar to the Avon Gel Eyliners and there are others like the "marbled" lippy that was in LG TSV was exactly the same as Avons lipstick too! The ONLY difference is the price for eg,. Mally Gell Eyeliner pencil about £12 x AVON Gel Eyliner pencil £1.99

HTH

Toots xxs

If they are made in the Avon factories it should say Poland or one of the eastern block countries on the packaging, as that is where their factories are. I believe Mally is China? Sorry but I class Mally etc as cheap makeup highly overpriced.

On a side note, Coty have withdrawn their bid for Avon and its L'Oreal who has the clear run now.

Review! I received my shimmer brick a couple of days ago but had to collect the setting powder this morning as the Royal Mail man couldn't be bothered to check the neighbours!

Right - shimmer brick..good! Right colour for me, what I'd call a shell pink. When I had my colours done I was told to use the paler pinks, where I'd always gone for the plum shades - and my DD vice versa. What she told us was, match your blusher to your ear. Excuse me..?! But maybe you could hold one up to your ear in Boots and see how it looks! Just thought, ears are called shells aren't they so I think I've got the right colour this time! Anyway, pleased with that.

The setting powder I used for the first time today, and it's ok. The brush is lovely, really soft & silky - but - for me at least, it's too big! Almost 8" total length and for me a bit unwieldy, I'm used to using the BE flawless face brush - I did hold this one quite low down but then you've got all that handle waving about - maybe I'll get used to it tho, I will try it again. The powder itself is nice, translucent - I'd been using the ELF "sheer" and I think this is nicer - as it happens I finished my Sheer two days ago so this has arrived just at the right time.

So, they won't be going back! Hope this is of help WildRose, and speckledhen, if you've got yours what do you think of it?

Hi Carol, well I am green with envy as none of mine has arrived yet, although it was apparently dispatched on 19th May and it cannot be tracked - so am assuming it is with Royal Mail somewhere in the nether regions!! Really grateful to get your feedback on the powder and brush, I also ordered primer and 6 cream eyeshadows and will let you know if and when they ever arrive. But I know I love the range so not too worried..

At last we have found products that we both like, this could be the start of us being QVC shopping twins..lol

Latest posts

Back