Cleanser

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pumpkin

Guest Shopper
I am coming to the end of my alpha h balancing cleanser and fancy a change. I would like to try either a balm or an oil cleanser. Read a previous post about this with interest and as a few of you mentioned nude cleansing oil I just want to know if it would be suitable for my skin type. Also is there a method of using this to enhance benefits. I have extremely mild rosacea (diagnosed by GP) and my skin is very reactive/sensitive. Any other recommendations would be good. Eve Lom is out of the question as mineral oil is definitely a trigger.
Thanks

Without wanting to start WW3, avoid Elemis like the plague. Their cleansers trigger my psoriasis sensitivity and cause tiny bumpy lumps.

I have rosacea and use LE C&P and Elemis Pro Radiance with the clarisonic which has really helped with the texture of my skin.
Was at the beauty bash and the elemis therapist recommended pro radiance for my sensitive skin

Good Luck in finding something, its really tricky when your skin is sensitive and its scary trying lots of new products because what works for one person doesnt suit another

Soap & Glory The Fab Pore Cleanser is really good. Almost identical to Cleanse & Polish, but without the eucalyptus oil. My skin is sensitive and dry, but not having any problems with this cleanser. Emma Hardie is good too, but I balk at paying £30+ for a 100ml balm cleanser at the moment

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

I really like these two balm cleansers -

http://www.boots.com/en/Botanics-Organic-Cleansing-Balm_846102/

and

http://www.boots.com/en/Champneys-S...ng-Balm-For-Normal-to-Dry-Skin-100ml_1204558/

the Boots one is Shea Butter based, while the Champneys is Avocado oil based.
Boots one is quite a bit firmer, Champneys seems more refined & "softer" & smells lovely.

Balance Me has a Try Me at QVC which contains a balm cleanser which I haven't tried yet

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.200487.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

& AD Skin Synergy also do one

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.224789.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

I can endorse the two recommended by Chrissie - I have sensitive skin & rosacea and both of those are fine for me, also the Tesco bnatural hot cloth cleanser.

I can recommend The Sanctuary's hot cloth cleanser from Boots £10..it works like Cleanse & Polish but does not bring me out in spots like the original and all oil and balm cleansers. I too have very sensitive/reactive skin...

Another vote here for the Sancturary Hot Cloth Cleanser. I also like the Boots No 7 Hot Cloth cleanser which costs £5 for 200 ml when they have the £5 voucher offer on (which is most of the time!)

Akin rose & geranium cleanser is lovely,you use it like c&p and can be used over the eyes as well.

Thanks all for taking the time to reply. Bluebell - it is very scary indeed to try anything as my skin can just reject anything. I have tried c & p but broke out in spots but not tried the elemis pro radiance. However, saying that I have gone back to using elemis & my skin has really calmed down. Also tried EH while staying with my sis but it really irritated my face. Will look into the others now.

Thanks all for taking the time to reply. Bluebell - it is very scary indeed to try anything as my skin can just reject anything. I have tried c & p but broke out in spots but not tried the elemis pro radiance. However, saying that I have gone back to using elemis & my skin has really calmed down. Also tried EH while staying with my sis but it really irritated my face. Will look into the others now.

Oops...I meant to say I tried the champneys whilst staying with my sis. Have also used EH in a starter kit which was great for the first 2-3 weeks & then the irritation started.

I have roscea and I use LE.It did bring me out in spots too to begin with - but I knew so many colleagues that were having good results with it,I was determined to persevere and I'm pleased I did.

My DS1 has a terrible skin condition on his face,which is too long and troublesome to go into - but I've bought lots of cleansers and moisturisers for him - nearly all from an "anti red" range - clinique,eurcin,elemis.We've tried simple,soap and glory,SBC - the list goes on (although alpha H was always on my list but never got round to it)

Anyway he can only use LE C&P and I've been trying to use up all the other bottles of stuff I've bought him (I can't bear waste!!) and I do have to say LE comes out tops for me.

Another vote for A'kin, the Rose & Geranium cleanser is lovely. I also love the No7 Radiance Cleanser and it's the best thing for removeg the BB cream I use as a foundation. I like it so much in fact I've been buying it from eBay since I moved to Sydney as i can't buy it here!

Latest posts

Back