Click Free - any good??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Vampyre. Can I ask what happened with your Acronis? I use it too and would be devastated if it didn't work. I lost everything from a computer a few years ago and am now paranoid about doing backups. I have Acronis, the old Polaroid Clickfree and a 320gb Clickfree. The hard drive I use for Acronis can only cope with one full backup now so I was going to have to buy another one. When I saw the demonstration for the TSV recently I "jumped to the phone" as I thought it would be much easier to use it rather than Acronis and it would give me the same result. I haven't tried it yet (fortunately it seems) as I have a new computer and want to find out a bit more about Windows 7 before I start transferring stuff to it. When I saw this thread I didn't want to read any negative comments as I have had no problems with the one I have. Last night however I had nothing else to do, had read most of the other threads so had a look at this one. Thank goodness I did - mine will be going straight back. I hope everyone with problems manages to get their computers up and running again soon.

It was a few years ago, I diligently backed up, I even tested it a few times. When disaster day arrived and it always does I went through the whole procedure and it failed. Thankfully I had documents etc backed up elsewhere in a primitive pre click free way but it was the usual long drawn out procedure to reinstall everything and update and having someone who didn't understand the problem shouting at me for documents I couldn't produce. Oh God even years later I feel totally anxious at the memory.
I was thinking of trying the free version of macrium reflect when I can be bothered :giggle:

Thanks for your reply Vampyre. I have never heard of macrium reflect. I'll have a look into that.
Does anyone else think that QVC should be recalling these Clickfrees to stop more people damaging their computers?

I was one of the many who got this new Clickfree. Yes, I have had two Clickfrees before and been very happy with them. This last disaster has changed my attitude to QVC completely. They took a week to get the unit to me. It completely failed to work as described - It just failed to backup my data correctly. On my hubbie's machine - it backed up data but NOT the programs. At one point, I ran it for nearly 24 HOURS and it had still not finished when i had to abort it. (I had downloaded the so-called 'patch' that Clickfree say it required). When I sent it back to QVC, I sent it First Class as Recorded Delivery - QVC got it the next day but have spent FIVE DAYS telling me they have not received it! They also admitted to me they do not test all their products before airing them. Well this is just not good enough !!!! Both Clickfree and QVC have excelled themselves on this one . I will not use QVC again.

I have just phoned CS to ask for a label for return. I was told they couldn't do that as they only issue labels for faulty goods and not all of these Clickfrees are faulty. I said that I was not prepared to risk damaging a brand new computer but apparently all she can do is forward on an email to me about it and someone will phone me in 3-4 days to give me advice. What either the email or the advice is about I don't know. I said the fact that there were 19 pages of reviews and that they have removed these and the item itself from their site was an indication that something is wrong. The response that I got this morning leaves me with the impression that they don't care if yet another computer is damaged, they would rather that than incur the cost of return postage.

I too am glad I saw about the bad reviews on here, and decided to return it.

QVC CS promised they would send me a post-paid return label without any argument, but so far I've not received it; luckily I had an unused one to use, but I would like that replaced.

Because I had been on holiday, I had not even opened mine. I told CS I would send it back unopened. They told me that, in order to send it back under the regulations (can't remember if they said "Sale of Goods Act" or "Distant Selling regulations" I HAD to open it then repack it!

As I had to open it anyway, I tried it, and it wouldn't do anything, so I could genuinely send it back as faulty. Actually, I suspect they are ALL faulty, because if CF knew of a fault and had modified some of them, why would it risk its reputation by sending out unmodified ones?

BTW re QVC CS, it seems to depend who you get when you ring.

In the past, I've rung a few times about a problem, and had entirely different responses, some helpful, some not.

Here are a few examples - -

A Complete Nightmare!
"Having owned two previous models of ClickFree I was very excited about this one, being able to back up the programmes as well. After hours and hours of waiting; then trying to get it to work again - it decided it required updating - again the wait. Next time it backed up again from scratch - hours and hours - then I began having problems with my computer - I am sorry but this is going back- I ordered another for work and that too is going back -sorry QVC not good at all!"

THIS NEXT ONE IS WORRYING FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK THEIRS WORKED!!!

"i bought this thinking what a perfect thing but all the people who gave it 5 stars be very careful my clickfree did do the backup and it did take a few hours the first time but my computer crashed on the same evening i thought i wasn’t worried i had my clickfree however this is where i found out that it wasn’t any good it done nothing to restore my computer i phoned the clickfree techs who could not sort this out and got me to change the boot on starting big mistake it took me more than a day to get my computer back to normal using my makers restore discs and doing a complete reformat so this has gone back to QVC very unhappy with this product i have the previous version of clickfree with no problem so don't be fooled because it does the backup the proof is when your computer crashes and it doesn’t restore it"

"I really wish QVC would benchtest these a bit better before launch.
Mine never connects the same way twice, wants to do 100% backup all the time rather than just incremental and then displays zero files stored! I have zero confidence in it.
Simply not good enough - its going back and based on the other reviews I dont want to waste my time with another - theres a systemic problem me thinks!"

"While still waiting delivery of the so-called "Clickfree" - I saw that most of the reviews for it were stating that it was a rubbish product that should be avoided and I can only concur what all these reviewers say. I could not get it to start, the update would not complete and I wasted 2hours trying everything, including advice from the Clickfree online manual, all to no avail. Its coming back to you and I have requested a full refund including postage and a prepaid return label and I would advise other unsatisfied customers to request the same. QVC really need to address this problem before going on air and saying what a great product it is - It certainly isn't!! The worst thing I have ever purchased from QVC."

"This product has more bugs in it than London Zoo, I now have a box in the corner that used to be a PC with Windows XP and service pack 2. It also had Window Office all lost. I did a full backup OK, so I tried a full “mirror image” reinstall not OK crashed saying file corrupt or missing. Now it won’t even boot up. Good job I decided to try it on my second PC and not my main one. I also had all the problems the other reviewers have had. It will be back in the post tomorrow and I’m expecting a full refund including postage! Now we’re did I put that recovery disc!!!"

Last edited:
My Clickfree is still not showing as returned after 2 weeks. They will send me a form to send back, together with my postal receipt.

Because this device was faulty for nearly everyone, I don't want to be out of pocket even for the cost of a stamp.

I asked them for a post-paid envelope, but they don't have any. But they did say that if I phone them afterwards and tell them the cost of the stamp, they will refund it.

PS TWO payments have now been taken.

OMG. HAve just seen this thread. I've got a click free form QVC and had assumed it has worked. However, it did take forever to saver everything. ANyone got any ideas about how I can check if it has backed up or not please??

Latest posts

Back