Combined Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Princess Pickle

Registered Shopper
I wanted to ask your opinion please!

I have three dresses to return to QVC and, for once, have packaged them up in one parcel to return rather than send three parcels back.

What do you think? Will QVC "tick me off" for now following due process or is it fine to do that? I don't know if it will make much difference cost wise (the weight is still the same) but just got fed up with packaging up three parcels and then carrying them to the PO etc.!

I suppose the other question is, should I send Special Delivery to cover the combined value? Ah, decisions, decisions......:doh:

Grateful for any thoughts........:sun:

If you put ONE return label on the parcel, QVC will only scan that and probably only refund for that.

If you put all 3 labels on the outside, they MAY scan all 3......hopefully they would :blush:

When I have sent multiple returns, I have put each seperately with their label and then all into one big envelope and hand written the label and always been credited no problem.

You will get various answers from the forum because lots of us have tried different ways to save a bit of money on return postage. :grin:

Last edited:
I think going "off-piste" with the return instructions is likely to delay your refund.

I sent two things back last week, posted at the same time. One was in original packaging with their returns label, bar coded etc. the other was in my own packaging with a handwritten note of the order number and my details (I had changed my mind about it after throwing all the packaging away).

Got an e-mail confirmation of the first item within about 3 days. Not a sausage on the other item, it doesn't even show as returned yet.

I did the same as SallyMc a week or two ago and was credited for both returns in well under a week. I had bought a couple of moonstone items that should really be in the 'Ooops A couple of glasses of wine...' thread and I was angry with myself for wasting P&P! I think as long as the items are packed separately in the QVC packaging with the label on the front and then popped into separate packaging with a handwritten label, it's fine.

Hey, Pickle's Mama! Dish up the dirt - whose designs didn't you like? ;-) Have also sent separate packages, return label/barcode on each, bound together with tape. Haven't had a 'ticking off'. Yet.

I do this all the time, but you need to be careful. Wrap each item separately and put the return label on the individual packages. Then put all the individual packages in one parcel and handwrite the returns label for the outside of the whole package. Send it special delivery and it will probably be less than the total of sending them separately by second class, plus it's fully insured and they get it the next day. My funds are usually processed within 2-3 days, which is worth any extra cost of returning by special delivery. Just one word of caution-if the returns address on the labels are different, for example different departments are quoted, send them separately.

I always send combined and by second class post. I just put a barcode for each item on the outside label and put the returns slip in each package and not had any problems. I just get proof of postage unless the items are really valuable.

Thanks to you all for your time and responses. :hi: I think I will package each one but then put them in one parcel and send recorded, as suggested.

To answer Snarley's question: It was three dresses, one by Lesley Ebbets (just looked a bit cheap and flimsy to me even though it wasn't "cheap"!), the other two were Ronni Nicole, the same design, different colours and again, they just seemed a bit skimpy and not worth the money. I have a couple of hers that I like but something went wrong this time!

Hope I don't get one of their infamous letters.........

I sent two items back a few weeks ago but only wanted to pay one lot of postage. I put one item in its original wrapper, sealed it and stuck the appropriate returns label on. Then I placed that inside the outer bag of the second item with its returns label on....hope that makes sense. I did email QVC to advise them what I'd done, explaining that I intended keeping the return postage costs down, but they weren't happy about it and sent me a snotty reply insisting that I shouldn't do it in the future! However, that advice will be duly ignored should I want to do something similar again!!!

By the way, the returns were both processed O.K. and pretty quickly too.

I had a problem with combined returns when the parcel went awol. I only had the one proof of posting even though I'd returned three items, packaged and labelled individually inside one parcel labelled by hand. I was only refunded for one item. I suppose I could have overcome this had I used special delivery and claimed from Royal Mail, but I just sent it 1st class which only covers you up to I think £48 at present.

Which is the beauty of Pareclforce Consignment; each package has it's own parcelforce barcode, each of which is scanned on delivery and you can quote a higher total consignment value (If you look online there's a sliding scale but I think £100 doesn't push the postage up). Delivery is guaranteed within 48hours. You get the equivalent of (at the v least) 1st Class recorded and almost as good as Roayl Mail's special delivery. Next time you have 3 parcels (and if the PO isn't too busy) ask them to quote two prices for 1st Recorded and P.Force Consignment.

Jude xx

I had a problem with combined returns when the parcel went awol. I only had the one proof of posting even though I'd returned three items, packaged and labelled individually inside one parcel labelled by hand. I was only refunded for one item. I suppose I could have overcome this had I used special delivery and claimed from Royal Mail, but I just sent it 1st class which only covers you up to I think £48 at present.

I was thinking the same thing which is why I think I will send it recorded delivery but I may look into this Parcelforce Consignment too.

Thanks everyone!:sun:

I sent two items back a few weeks ago but only wanted to pay one lot of postage. I put one item in its original wrapper, sealed it and stuck the appropriate returns label on. Then I placed that inside the outer bag of the second item with its returns label on....hope that makes sense. I did email QVC to advise them what I'd done, explaining that I intended keeping the return postage costs down, but they weren't happy about it and sent me a snotty reply insisting that I shouldn't do it in the future! However, that advice will be duly ignored should I want to do something similar again!!!

By the way, the returns were both processed O.K. and pretty quickly too.

Oh yes I too got the snotty reply & & chastised as if I was a child when I emailed QVC to tell them I had sent two items back together. We are such naughty naughty people & it is such a crime to do this.
:mysmilie_512:

I had the same dilemma as you a while back,and got cold feet,so did it all separately.I always post my stuff 2nd class but recorded.

I've been told by QVc that they don't open the parecels,they minute they receive them.They "scan" them in when they arrive...which "actions" the refund...and then they go a "holding" area (skip?!) until they are opened and checked.Certainly make me realise why no one gets their DSR P&P refunded and why when people ask for an exchange and get a refund.

Personally I didn't want the hassle if it all went wrong ~ but if you do ,do it,I'd make sure you have all the sticky labels on the front.

Well, I took the plunge and went to the Post Office............with one parcel!!!! May God strike me down!! But, in my defence, I put the three address labels with barcodes on the front (the departments were all the same!). I also sent it Special Delivery so I can track it (that's £10 I'll never see again!).

If it all goes horribly wrong I'll report back.

Thanks for all the advice :happy:

Latest posts

Back