ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

smilies-17525.png

:mysmilie_483:

But are you her friend:mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_832:

But are you her sister by any chance??

:mysmilie_1349:

I think it's good thing we don't all agree. It would be very boring if we all had the same opinions about everything.

Having read through the thread, it does make me realise that QVC can't please all of the people all of the time, etc etc! We all have such differing views about these presenters, don't we? I am with LE LOVER: Vive la difference!!!!!! :mysmilie_697:

I thought Debbie was fine in the Mint Jewellery show, earlier. She let the guest do most of the talking, looked interested in what he was saying and drew him out to say more. I suppose the naysayers will pounce on the fact that she kept telling people to get on the phone, but the show was a sellout so it was difficult not to.She flourished her "larger than average" wrists with great good humour when a bangle wouldn't fit.If the steely eye was in evidence, I missed it!:mysmilie_61:

I watched that show and didn't feel the need to switch off or throw things at the TV. She isn't my favourite presenter but I don't dislike her either. Some of the pieces in the show were rather nice but I f.a.r.ted as usual.

I watched that show and didn't feel the need to switch off or throw things at the TV. She isn't my favourite presenter but I don't dislike her either. Some of the pieces in the show were rather nice but I f.a.r.ted as usual.

So did I, Loveheart * polishes halo *........:mysmilie_12:

I thought she did well in the Mint show, partly helped by a very good guest who teased her and wasn't intimidated. She clearly liked the Mint stuff; after all it costs very little and you get a lot of bang for your buck - right up her street. And Mint always sells out quickly, so she doesn't have to do the pressured get-it-now bit.

I thought Debbie was fine in the Mint Jewellery show, earlier. She let the guest do most of the talking, looked interested in what he was saying and drew him out to say more. I suppose the naysayers will pounce on the fact that she kept telling people to get on the phone, but the show was a sellout so it was difficult not to.She flourished her "larger than average" wrists with great good humour when a bangle wouldn't fit.If the steely eye was in evidence, I missed it!:mysmilie_61:

I saw this show and thought she was great, very different from recent ones where I had to mute or turn off. She was restrained, pleasant and seemed to genuinely like the designs. I wanted to buy stuff but was restrained too!

Last edited:
I suppose she's just getting used to the QVC presenting style again. When she first started she was SOOOO irritating and so hard sell i.e. "Buy this or you'll be sorry later" kind of thing. She is mellowing a bit now but I agree with LH she's not my favorite presenter but I can now watch most of her shows without having to change channels!!

I must say her voice really gets to me so much that unless it is something I really want to see then I switch over, her tone is just like she is amazed with everything she says

I don't know what has happened, but strangely I am starting to like her!!! I think it started after looking at her video on her blog site where she was with her family visiting santa. After that she hasn't annoyed nearly as much as she used to, and I've actually had a giggle at her a few times - what's going on?? I even caught myself thinking how lovely her hair was yesterday, and how she has a very nice bone structure :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17: am I going mad?!! However, that said, her insistence on the colours being nothing like their names on the Kipling shows today have had me wincing, but I suppose at least she is giving an accurate picture to the viewers :mysmilie_11:

I don't think Debbie suits QVC at all. I feel resistant to buying when she is on. "Buy it now, before it goes, think about it when you get it home." With the other presenters they want to chat as well as sell you the products and they don't come accross as desperate to sell at all costs. Debbie behaves like she will sell the products at any cost and she doesn't care about the viewers, just the sale. A bit like an apprentice candiddate. She does suit ideal world/price drop TV/bid TV.

I saw her on a Philip Kingsley show and she exclaimed "You'll love this product". But why would I love it? Just because she says that I would? I much prefer the "What type of hair will this product help? What does it do? What results will you get?" type of presentation.

I vaguely remember Debbie Flint from the first time round. Agree with everyone else with regards to her selling technique - absolutely awful!! She would actually put me off buying something - far too desperate!! Surprised boses at QVC are letting her away with it.:mysmilie_698:

She's even more annoying on the Sally Morgan thing right now...mind we are learning a LOT about Debbie Flint on this. :mysmilie_82:

I can't stand the woman, wake up QVC she is losing you sales by her hard sell and awful voice. She'd be better off in Desperate Housewives

I can't stand the woman, wake up QVC she is losing you sales by her hard sell and awful voice. She'd be better off in Desperate Housewives

I'm sure QVC will analyse sales figures for all their shows taking into account all the relevant factors and they will know whether her performance is up to scratch.

I am starting to loathe her again, I am in a very bad mood today, think it is the cold, dull weather. Anyway Flinty is winding me up, can't stand the hard sell, "buy it now or you'll be sorry" approach is really getting to me. Just feellng cross and she makes me feel even crosser. Think I will switch her off and go and read my book!

Latest posts

Back