Decleor TSV 14 August 2010

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought the new cleanser last night and will post my thoughts after using it for a while.

I use Gatineau and Akin and have never bought Decleor before so should be interesting.

I haven't bought a thing from the telly for about 2 months as I got angry with myself for being taken in by the hysterics and hoopla and saw my bank account read like a who's who of shopping telly. This hopefully will be worth it.

I thought JF's skin looked great last night. Glowing and healthy. Wonder if she's been using the new Decleor cleanser?

Fiona is getting on my nerves constantly saying "you need to buy a cleanser" which is a hint about the new cleanser which took her 2 years to create.

I caught a bit of the previous hour and heard Fiona talking about how in formulating this new cleanser she'd listened to the feedback of customers, heard what they liked, what they wanted in a cleanser, what they didn't want etc. I'm sure she mentioned ingredients in this vein too. I considered that I might be reading too much into this as I am aware of the disquiet about changes to C&P, but I did wonder if she was making a sideways reference to the rise and fall of C&P in many people's affections. I didn't realise till I read this thread just now that Fiona liked C&P! Hmmmnnn...:wonder:

cynical moi?

It'll be interesting to see how Fiona's presentation of the usual cleanser and toner duo Decleor sells won't mention any short-comings which resulted in the new cleanser's formulation.

Jude xx

I was lucky to recieve a sample of the new cleanser this week and I am impressed with the results so far. I have normal combination skin with an oily t-zone and some cleansers just don't do it for me.

This new cleanser has left my skin feeling really 'clean' but with no tightness or redness that I have experienced with some others e.g. the Elemis men's facial wash.

The cleanser can be used as thick or thinly as you want, it really does depend on how much water you add, I mix a small amount with a little water and apply it to my face quite thick but then add a little more water and massage it over the skin. The cloth is really smooth too not rough like the LE one's can be when you first get them home.

One other thing that I really like is that it is paraben free.

I used to use LE C&P but it stopped working for me however, I liked the step of removing it with a cloth and I think I have now found my new cleanser!!

Chris

I was lucky to recieve a sample of the new cleanser this week and I am impressed with the results so far. I have normal combination skin with an oily t-zone and some cleansers just don't do it for me.

This new cleanser has left my skin feeling really 'clean' but with no tightness or redness that I have experienced with some others e.g. the Elemis men's facial wash.

The cleanser can be used as thick or thinly as you want, it really does depend on how much water you add, I mix a small amount with a little water and apply it to my face quite thick but then add a little more water and massage it over the skin. The cloth is really smooth too not rough like the LE one's can be when you first get them home.

One other thing that I really like is that it is paraben free.

I used to use LE C&P but it stopped working for me however, I liked the step of removing it with a cloth and I think I have now found my new cleanser!!

Chris

I'm glad it is working for you. But lots of cleansers whether they are called 'hot cloth' or not can be removed with a wet muslin cloth or flannel rinsed in hot water. I am currently getting good results from a Simple cleanser (about £3 for 200ml) with removal by hot cloth.

But I suppose the rise of C&P has caused many brands to jump on this hot cloth bandwagon. However as the previous poster noted Fiona always extols the virtues of all the cleansers by how clear and hydrated Tanya's skin looks afterwards so if this one is so great what was wrong with the old ones (particularly the foaming ones which could easily be used in the same way as this one though they dont come in a C&P pump-a-like)

Also can someone please explain what the point is of putting hyaluronic acid into a cleanser when it is hardly going to be on your skin long enough to do any good. Better to buy a skin cream or serum with some in - or better eat more potatoes (which are a good source). Also if you eat a few too many your skin will plump out anyway.

I'm glad it is working for you. But lots of cleansers whether they are called 'hot cloth' or not can be removed with a wet muslin cloth or flannel rinsed in hot water. I am currently getting good results from a Simple cleanser (about £3 for 200ml) with removal by hot cloth.

But I suppose the rise of C&P has caused many brands to jump on this hot cloth bandwagon. However as the previous poster noted Fiona always extols the virtues of all the cleansers by how clear and hydrated Tanya's skin looks afterwards so if this one is so great what was wrong with the old ones (particularly the foaming ones which could easily be used in the same way as this one though they dont come in a C&P pump-a-like)

Also can someone please explain what the point is of putting hyaluronic acid into a cleanser when it is hardly going to be on your skin long enough to do any good. Better to buy a skin cream or serum with some in - or better eat more potatoes (which are a good source). Also if you eat a few too many your skin will plump out anyway.

DrJude, thanks for the potato tip - I never knew that. Being a big potato fan I now have a fantastic excuse to eat even more of them lol

Interesting that the TSV has not sold out yet.

Too expensive for me even on easy pay.

Well,I waited till now & the lure of ez pays has swung it for me.
Surprised it didn't sell out earlier,though.
Edit JF has just said over 13,000 sold,so far.

I think it was the price which really stopped people buying. The easy pay, two? , really think three or four would have made it fly. People have more important things to worry about and pay for than expensive skin care. But if you could afford and use the products congratations on getting it.

Wonder how many they actually had? If 13,000(not really that much compared to the numbers that used to sell), and not limited then must have been 18,000 or 19,000 to start with.

I think it was the price which really stopped people buying. The easy pay, two? , really think three or four would have made it fly. People have more important things to worry about and pay for than expensive skin care. But if you could afford and use the products congratations on getting it.

Wonder how many they actually had? If 13,000(not really that much compared to the numbers that used to sell), and not limited then must have been 18,000 or 19,000 to start with.

I heard Julia Roberts in the teatime show (think it was 4pm) say that over 10,000 had gone and they had less than 4,000 left, so I guess they must have started with around 14,000 kits. She seemed pretty confident it would sell out soon which is a fair assumption given that they hadn't hit peak evening hours at that point, so I'm surprised it hung on as long as it appears to. I didn't watch the last show but it's on waitlist this morning so I imagine it must have sold out before midnight.

Now it's not a TSV it works out at £73.20 inc P&P!

I was lucky enough to get a new cleanser to try. I have to say I do like it. You only need a teeeennnyyyy bit for your whole face and so I think 100ml of that would last about as long as 200ml of their milk cleanser, maybe longer. I used to be a C&P fan and so have lots of muslin cloths and take my decleor milk cleanser off with this already. I have my fingers crossed that they will either put the cleanser in a better value pack or a TSV. I think that the postage on it is extortion too, 4quid for 100ml of cleanser, shocking!

I didn't get the TSV, I woudn't have minded trying both the full sized products but I don't need them. I will hang out for the Elemis TSV at the end of the month.

I was just watching a decleer show I'd taped and what I think is really strange is that a cleanser has been two years in the making, contains all these fab ingredients but you only need to use half a pump.

OK, why not make the bliddy pump give out the correct amount in one pump so there is no chance of waste. All that technology and they can't make a pump that gives out the required amount for a cleanse d'oh

With the ever increasing cost of all these 'brilliant' beauty products, which all seem to employ fantastic technology years in the development and of which you 'will' see results; I have come to the unfortunate conclusion, after I might say trying many of these products, it must be more cost effective to have Botox!

I never considered this TSV, far too expensive, and I have pots of stuff to use up.

With the ever increasing cost of all these 'brilliant' beauty products, which all seem to employ fantastic technology years in the development and of which you 'will' see results; I have come to the unfortunate conclusion, after I might say trying many of these products, it must be more cost effective to have Botox!

I never considered this TSV, far too expensive, and I have pots of stuff to use up.

Ha ha if you have botox you don't need to buy half the stuff anymore :whew:

I have the cleanser both find it makes my eyes sting although they stated you could take your eye makup of with it After using my skin does feels tighter than it does when using the cleansing milk though it does feel exfoliated I wont send it back as its not worth it but I will probably only use this once or twice a week and stick to my cleansing milk for everyday

I posted on another thread that I found the new cleanser very eyestingy! & I don't like the smell of it either, reminds me of Immac!

going to send mine back, I already have cleansers that I prefer plus an unopened Elemis pro-radiance that I must get round to trying.

Not even sure why I ordered the Decleor one, my only excuse is it was early hours of Saturday morning and I was under the influence of cider :beer::beer::beer:

I have the cleanser both find it makes my eyes sting although they stated you could take your eye makup of with it After using my skin does feels tighter than it does when using the cleansing milk though it does feel exfoliated I wont send it back as its not worth it but I will probably only use this once or twice a week and stick to my cleansing milk for everyday

I couldn't have put it better. My exact experience and conclusion.

Latest posts

Back