Decleor TSV 25/01/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The parent company is beautyspot cosmetics, under whose umbrella is Elizabeth Arden, which performs animal testing. On the Cyclax website, animal testing is not addressed - usually if the company is anti animal testing, it promotes this in the FAQ section - so I would question their policy on this. I would not even consider, consequently, using any product from this brand. It may be a cheap range, but not worth ignoring my principles for, imo. Even animal testing aside, these economy lines contain many undesirable ingredients, I would question how and where they were made and what I was putting on my skin.

Cyclax is owned by Richards & Appleby Ltd who also distribute Leighton Denny, Nailoid and Ecotan to name a few!

Cyclax was a premium brand back 40-50 years ago!

JFYI: The ingredients in the Cyclax product are in order:
aqua, glycerol stearate, paraffinum liquidum, stearic acid, propylene glycol, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, trietbanolamine, parfum, oemothera biennis, carbomer, benzyl alcohol and methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, C.I.19140, C.I.42090.

I'm no scientist so I neither know nor care what these ingredients are. I know the combination works on my ancient yet reasonably youthful-looking skin and I will continue to buy it and save money as long as it works for me. I respect the stand others may take but that is their right and their choice. This is mine.

Well it has the cones and the infamous methylisothiazolinone, which is causing a big stir in the news at the moment with people having reactions.

But millions can use it without problem and if you are fine with it why not use.

I remember the brand in my teens as being high end with the Queen using it.

I've just bought 300 x 6 of the cyclax aloe vera from eBay for £11Ish with free postage. I'll use it as body cream if I don't get on well with it. Currently using Judith Williams phytomineral cream. I used to use nivea q10 and bulk buy when on offer in boots 4x50mg jars lasted me a year so I will have around 4 years supply if used as a face cream! I'll be decanting it into a smaller container like I do with the JW phytomineral so as not to contaminate the cream.

Decleor 4 Piece Salon Size Skincare Collection
Item no 204282
QVC Price £80.00
Today's Special Value Price £52.44
P&P £6.95

Decleor Salon Size Skincare Collection. This luxurious four-piece set features super sizes of Essential Cleansing Milk, Tonifying Lotion and Neroli Essential Night Balm which all contain soothing neroli essential oil, plus a firming Moisturising Body Milk to help re-hydrate the skin. Perfect for indulging your skin every day, this supersized set from Decleor will leave you feeling revitalised and looking radiant.

Contains:
1 x Essential Cleansing Milk (400ml) - a light, textured lotion perfect for cleansing and make-up removal on all skin types. Helps protect, repair and fight dehydration, whilst softening, smoothing and comforting skin, leaving it moisturised and radiant. Paraben-free formula contains neroli essential oil and sweet almond oil
1 x Essential Tonifying Lotion (400ml) - a soft, gentle lotion to tone and reduce dryness as it moisturises and awakens the skin, helping to protect and repair whilst fighting dehydration, leaving skin moisturised and radiant. Paraben-free toner contains neroli essential oil
1 x Neroli Essential Night Balm (30ml) - this top-rated balm when smoothed onto the face gives an amazingly light and gentle sensation dissolving perfectly into the skin. It helps to purify and balance, softening and refining texture, whilst locking in moisture and helping to repair very dry skin. Contains neroli essential oil and comes with a spatula for easy application
1 x System Corps Moisturising Body Milk (400ml) - a body moisturiser that envelops you in a comforting and protective layer of moisture, it not only rehydrates, but improves elasticity and firmness, enhancing overall appearance. Plus the light texture hydrates and softens the skin's surface layers to give a velvety smoothness

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=204282&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

£6.95 P&P!!! :mysmilie_865: Bringing the TSV up to just shy of £60, bit of a joke really.

Well the postage is horrendous, but the item cost is pretty good I think. I spent £42 on the cleanser, toner duo in JLP Xmas sale.

Just catching the TSV presentation today but Sara G is just too much to bear! I only wanted to know the full value but in the racket between her and Fiona I have missed it but cannot stay tuned.

Fiona just mentioned, as usual, the spatula provided for application. Has anyone ever received one of these?? I never get one and when asking at a counter they said they do not have them to hand out.

I have got the little spatulas in boxes with face cream. Now I admit I throw them out usually. But kept the one with the Clarins primer as you need so little, like half a garden pea and the texture you do need it. Never seen them sitting on counters through.

£6.95 P&P!!! :mysmilie_865: Bringing the TSV up to just shy of £60, bit of a joke really.

Mad isn't it! So embarrassingly obvious that they are making money on postage.
You can get guaranteed next day delivery by 1pm from most couriers for less!

Mad isn't it! So embarrassingly obvious that they are making money on postage.
You can get guaranteed next day delivery by 1pm from most couriers for less!

And they ship thousands and thousands! So much for us benefitting from Q's bulk buying power.

The TSV had it last airing during the 7pm show , didn't even go limited stock so cant have sold we, I think its going to be one of them kits that will hang around for the next 6 months at a introductory price.

I hope the Decleor girls are not sent down the motorway in a convoy to collect the stock. I wonder if Fiona can drive a HGV hmmmm.

I didn't catch much of this tsv but did tune in early afternoon to hear Fiona say the balm essential was amazing at hydrating the skin overnight! We'll excuse me it has no water in it nor any other ingredient that will hydrate the skin. Soften, brighten, comfort the skin yes! But hydrate it Fiona, No! The silly bint (sorry to be rude but really) should well know this difference.

I didn't catch much of this tsv but did tune in early afternoon to hear Fiona say the balm essential was amazing at hydrating the skin overnight! We'll excuse me it has no water in it nor any other ingredient that will hydrate the skin. Soften, brighten, comfort the skin yes! But hydrate it Fiona, No! The silly bint (sorry to be rude but really) should well know this difference.

That is why you are really suppose to use the oil under the balm.

I have loved Decleor for years after trying a TSV originally, and as it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all I haven't been tempted to change brands. I've bought many more TSV's since, but none in the last couple of years because the price has become too expensive, especially when you take out the value of 'filler' items that I wouldn't have purchased separately.
I now buy Decleor from TKMaxx, Amazon, and more recently from Brand Alley where my favourite products were all at less than half the rrp! yay!

Latest posts

Back