Fiona of Decleor Leaving QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Remember when Del Boy went to Chins for several months to train new presenters - it was bliss and surprisingly very little was ever mentioned about it which made me think all was not well in the land of the setting sun.
I remember that. She went on and on about having been chosen to go to China, as she does, before she went. On her return there was no mention of it. I wonder what happened there. I still don’t understand why they took her back after she left to start a rival company.

I remember that. She went on and on about having been chosen to go to China, as she does, before she went. On her return there was no mention of it. I wonder what happened there. I still don’t understand why they took her back after she left to start a rival company.
She must generate a serious amount of sales. It's the only explanation that holds water for me.

I can't stand her weird sales patter its jarring and immature. But she must generate some sales

Ms Flint is very good at promoting herself on social media, she engages with customers outside of QVC about upcoming TSVs etc so they are interested and ready to buy before the launch and these people are more likely to shop on a show their 'friend' Debs is presenting.

In the company I work for the stores that engage with their local community via Facebook etc have better results with special promotions and offers than the stores that don't.

Ms Flint is very good at promoting herself on social media, she engages with customers outside of QVC about upcoming TSVs etc so they are interested and ready to buy before the launch and these people are more likely to shop on a show their 'friend' Debs is presenting.

In the company I work for the stores that engage with their local community via Facebook etc have better results with special promotions and offers than the stores that don't.
This is what I believe too. I would be a rubbish salesperson in the modern day, as I refuse to use social media in a personal capacity. The power that the private companies that provide the SM platforms is already horrifying, and terrifying in its openness to abuse and exploitation. Of course it has its positive side, but OUR information is being commoditised and sold at profit to third parties, and we have no rights or control over it. Some, like Facebook, have more members than the population of hundreds of countries, and generate more wealth than many economies. Scary stuff.

This is what I believe too. I would be a rubbish salesperson in the modern day, as I refuse to use social media in a personal capacity. The power that the private companies that provide the SM platforms is already horrifying, and terrifying in its openness to abuse and exploitation. Of course it has its positive side, but OUR information is being commoditised and sold at profit to third parties, and we have no rights or control over it. Some, like Facebook, have more members than the population of hundreds of countries, and generate more wealth than many economies. Scary stuff.
If only more people were aware of this, or just stopped for one minute to think before bashing that keyboard....

The next Decleor show is on 12/02 so I shall record that to see if there is a new BA - sadly it is Del Boy presenting. I too agree with SusieSue’s post upthread. Del Boy certainly puts a lot on her Q blog and blurb regarding upcoming offers, so that probably stands her in good stead with the bosses. That kind of extra-curricular stuff no doubt goes down well.

A couple of weeks ago I had a look at the Decleor UK website. Well. What a shambles. It wasn’t working very well, loads of items were out of stock and the gifts were still in the yellow Christmas packaging from December 2019, whereas on the French website all the gifts were in dark blue packaging. So I reckon they may well have had some serious stock issues. The website did seem better today but still items out of stock.

Last edited:
The next Decleor show is on 12/02 so I shall record that to see if there is a new BA - sadly it is Del Boy presenting. I too agree with SusieSue’s post upthread. Del Boy certainly puts a lot on her Q blog and blurb regarding upcoming offers, so that probably stands her in good stead with the bosses. That kind of extra-curricular stuff no doubt goes down well.

A couple of weeks ago I had a look at the Decleor UK website. Well. What a shambles. It wasn’t working very well, loads of items were out of stock and the gifts were still in the yellow Christmas packaging from December 2019, whereas on the French website all the gifts were in dark blue packaging. So I reckon they may well have had some serious stock issues. The website did seem better today but still items out of stock.
Unless Decleor are plotting an exit from the UK market entirely?

I was surprised when she popped up in a TV ad a few weeks back, think it was for the Hada Labo brand, the youtuber/influencer Nadine Baggott was in it too.

Then next one is 2nd March so will be interesting to see what happens

When Lenny of Nina Leonard disappeared off our screens I can't remember any reference being made as to why after all those years of being a larger than life character !! Or did I miss it?
QVC not the big happy family they try to portray is it?
Exactly. I also don't remember any warm words being directed towards Ralph before he left Honora - but I think that departure was acrimonious, so maybe the Q didn't want to draw attention to it.

I think they did make reference to when Crazy Jennifer from Kirks' Folly had her final show. Remember her blowing the fairy dust into the camera...?

MeCharlie said yesterday “imagine if you could leave reviews on presenters!“
I'd probably comment on his seeming inability not to flirt with every female guest, BA, passing crew, tea lady... I might mention that it comes across as both unprofessional and disrespectful to his wife and the husbands/partners of the poor unfortunates at whom he so regularly makes a pass.

And Charlie Brook. As if you would...urghhhh

I remember when I first started watching ( and we're talking years ago now, around 99-00) the BA for Elemis was a perfectly lovely young woman called Bonnie. When she was leaving, due to getting married and emigrating to New Zealand, they made a big thing about it for months in advance. She even brought her replacement along (a rather unassuming, petite young woman who I think was Keely but could be wrong as she's changed so much since then) and introduced her on her last show.

It was a similar thing with Decleor, the BAs were two women, one was very business like and spoke with authority about the results you would get from the products and the other used to chip in her expertise on the quality of the ingredients, and why they delivered said results. When they were leaving because they were both moving up in the company, they brought Fiona along to their last few shows to ntroduce her as their replacement and do a sort of 'handover'. Interestingly enough, Alison Young almost exclusively did the Decleor shows back in the day and would demonstrate the products on the models herself (who were on a bed between her and the BAs, not off to the side, with a therapist doing the demos like they have been in recent years).

AY was also noteable by her absence from the Liz Earle shows and never referred to, or featured the brand on any of her "In the Salon with Alison" hours. I always wondered if she didn't rate it and wouldn't give it her "expert seal of approval" or whether it was because LE couldn't stand AY, and didn't want to be paired-up with her when promoting her products. I think the latter may be true as when she eventually did start fronting the LE shows (in the days when Liz was still her own BA) I could always sense a rather controlled frostiness, and somewhat forced civility between the two of them.

Those were the days when Q was actually worth watching...and buying from.

It was rumoured AY could not stand LE and never did the LE shows. It was a shock when suddenly they did a show together, but I think it was towards the end when LE sold the company to Avon. LE under contract had to stay on for so long after the sale to front the shows.

On here there was talk that LE was a bit of a diva and brought her own makeup artist with her for the shows and of course she had to have the special golden light. The golden light or honey light gives a soft glow and helps to make any flaws disappear. There was the famous show when someone forgot to turn it on and suddenly LE was there with dark circles and massive bags under her eyes. There was a long thread on here about OMG what does LE look like actually seeing how she really looks.

When Liz Earle first came to Q, Alison Young refused to endorse her products because she didn’t rate her as a ‘beauty expert’ rather as someone putting her name to a beauty range. It was only when the range became hugely popular, and proved to be excellent quality that AY had to eat her words, and finally acknowledge LE. That’s why there was an uneasy truce between them, as AY always wanted to be ‘top dog’ in the qualified beauty expert stakes, and LE’s popularity and knowledge threatened to eclipse her.

I think they did make reference to when Crazy Jennifer from Kirks' Folly had her final show. Remember her blowing the fairy dust into the camera...?
OMG that woman was soooo annoying. I remember my daughter having a toy called a Glitterator and the ‘fairy dust’ it contained (you made it in different colours - that was the ‘game’) got absolutely everywhere no matter how much you tried to hoover up afterwards so much so my hubby used to complain the glitter was in his boxers 😂
So I’d hate to have been the cleaner on QVC after that show 😱

I remember Jennifer doing a show with Dale, suddenly she caught sight of herself in the camera. She just started on "I look old OMG just look at me." Dale had to spend ages talking her down and get back to the products. She had a total meld down.

Hi, I've been lurking in the bsckground for sometime and finally found the courage to post. I have been watching QVC for years and remember Delboy when she used to present with Paul Lavers.They were quite amusing. I also remember Ivana Trump selling jewellery and Kirk's folly. I used to buy B&W but quality is do poor now and it's expensive. I also used to like Decleor before the buyout and avoid brands bought by Estee Lauder, they just ruin them, look at Jo Malone. I'm currently doing the Gatineau 30 day challenge but don't know why, I get caught up in the hype(I must not drink wine when watching QVC ! ).I have loads of beauty in the stash, but wish for the old days when Xmas was sorted with Molton Brown and Smasbox TSV. Sorry for the long post xx

Hi, I've been lurking in the bsckground for sometime and finally found the courage to post. I have been watching QVC for years and remember Delboy when she used to present with Paul Lavers.They were quite amusing. I also remember Ivana Trump selling jewellery and Kirk's folly. I used to buy B&W but quality is do poor now and it's expensive. I also used to like Decleor before the buyout and avoid brands bought by Estee Lauder, they just ruin them, look at Jo Malone. I'm currently doing the Gatineau 30 day challenge but don't know why, I get caught up in the hype(I must not drink wine when watching QVC ! ).I have loads of beauty in the stash, but wish for the old days when Xmas was sorted with Molton Brown and Smasbox TSV. Sorry for the long post xx
Welcome to the forum :) That wasn't a long post, it was a nice introduction & shows that you think the way we do!

Great post and no post is ever too long. I`m one of the worst for going off at a tangent and rambling on.

It was rumoured AY could not stand LE and never did the LE shows. It was a shock when suddenly they did a show together, but I think it was towards the end when LE sold the company to Avon. LE under contract had to stay on for so long after the sale to front the shows.

On here there was talk that LE was a bit of a diva and brought her own makeup artist with her for the shows and of course she had to have the special golden light. The golden light or honey light gives a soft glow and helps to make any flaws disappear. There was the famous show when someone forgot to turn it on and suddenly LE was there with dark circles and massive bags under her eyes. There was a long thread on here about OMG what does LE look like actually seeing how she really looks.
Liz Earle is ultimately a hard-headed business woman & her sweet, eco-friendly mask has often slipped.

Latest posts

Back