Do not email QVC praising any models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is a rather creepy man on Facebook who posts on the QVC page saying how lovely certain models are and wanting to know if they have Facebook pages to follow them.
My friend's offspring used to work in their call centre while at university. She once took a call from a man asking when the next footwear or footcare show was going to be on, because he liked to look at close-ups of the models' ankles and feet. He especially liked how they moved and pointed them towards the camera, at lots of different angles. 👠 🦶 o_O

Yes, a friend was selling an expensive pair of shoes she bought for a wedding but in the end, did not wear. So put them on eBay to sell and got quite a few messages from men asking her to model the shoes and they would pay her just to send photos of her feet and ankles in the shoes.

She was horrified. 😂

If you go search on eBay there are loads of well-worn women's slippers for sale for that certain gentleman 😉:p

Yes, a friend was selling an expensive pair of shoes she bought for a wedding but in the end, did not wear. So put them on eBay to sell and got quite a few messages from men asking her to model the shoes and they would pay her just to send photos of her feet and ankles in the shoes.

She was horrified. 😂

If you go search on eBay there are loads of well-worn women's slippers for sale for that certain gentleman 😉:p
What?? Where? I've got loads of old shoes I could sell with photos of my feet. Would even let the dog lick my feet and send that photo as well - now sir, are you willing to pay £200 or £300 😂

I've no shame and neither has the dog 🐶

CC

Years ago and I am talking when I was a student doing holiday work in a dress shop so YEARS! Just closing one night when young man came in & started looking through the Sale rail & selected something and went into the changing room.One of my more experienced seniors went to see how he was doing and came back shocked as he was wearing the dress.I don’t know if he bought it! Now they would probably bring something that would suit better? That was when England & Bobby Moore won the World Cup.

Strato, according to a an ex boyfriend (back in the 60's) if you lined up a row of naked women, and put only one of them in stiletto heels, she would be the one who looked the sexiest. Yep, I can see that.

Years ago and I am talking when I was a student doing holiday work in a dress shop so YEARS! Just closing one night when young man came in & started looking through the Sale rail & selected something and went into the changing room.One of my more experienced seniors went to see how he was doing and came back shocked as he was wearing the dress.I don’t know if he bought it! Now they would probably bring something that would suit better? That was when England & Bobby Moore won the World Cup.
My sister taught dressmaking years ago at nightschool and there was a man in the class. She thought he was learning to make women's clothes for his wife or daughter but they were actually for him 😬 When he was making the tops she had to ask him if he was going to wear them with or without a bra underneath as the measurements would be different :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: True story, my sister is just soooo professional as she probably never batted an eyelid lol.

CC

There are a bigger proportion of gay men on Sewing Bee this year, some making clothes for drag queen partners.

I liked it when it was heterosexual men just sewing as i feel this year it is a bit sterotipical.

i have absolutely no problem with gay people of either sex but I can’t stand them playing the camp card - Alan Carr/Roland/Barrowman I feel really do a disservice to the gay community.

Well, Sewing Bee, much as I love it, is on the hellbent diversity driven BBC, who cant make any programme unless its inclusive of every make and shape of humankind known to man. Although saying that, I cant ever remember someone in a wheelchair taking part, perhaps its because there are stairs to be climbed to the sewing room.

My sister taught dressmaking years ago at nightschool and there was a man in the class. She thought he was learning to make women's clothes for his wife or daughter but they were actually for him 😬 When he was making the tops she had to ask him if he was going to wear them with or without a bra underneath as the measurements would be different :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: True story, my sister is just soooo professional as she probably never batted an eyelid lol.

CC

how thoughtful of your sister, probably put the man at ease. How brave was he to join the class.

OP:
👋Cue-V-C welcome to the forum, sorry your first posts passed without a hello. We have a long history of QVC insiders spilling the beans so I'm looking forward to your insight. 🤫

Off Topic:
Re Sewing Bee, I suppose it depends on the range of applicants to take part? If there weren't any suitable hetero men I wouldn't want a better candidate bumped to achieve a better spread. Equally the gay men would be the first bumped from the show if they weren't up to the required standard.
That said, I can't understand them not practicing child's clothing, underwear and sportswear knowing they always feature.
I liked Claudia but now prefer Joe Lycett as presenter.

Amazing how emailing QVC and complimenting a model on her professionalism seems to render said model obsolete.
I guess Chuntley is annoyed at not being the centre of attention, so she makes sure any well liked models never appear again.

I was a model for a time and found the business utterly ruthless, especially on TV

I think this whole thread is a set-up by someone having a laugh. How does anyone know that QVC have been emailed complimenting their models, that a particular presenter objected, and that the models then were taken off air as a result of being complimented? Unless you can provide some facts, that is, but I don't buy it.

Latest posts

Back