Do You Think Any Presenters Read This Forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got the call a couple of days ago & am in next week, it took me minutes to book online.No follow up dates issued from our centre.All the feedback as to the efficiency is very positive.Isn’t it good to hear something is going well!?
I think the rollout is probably slightly different from region to region.
Although I went along as a carer, not a jabbee, it was a really positive experience at the vaccination centre.

Good luck to those that get jabbed. I'm in block 8, so being patient.

I know 4 who have had jab 1 of Pfizer, nothing but a sore arm, and one who got the OxfordAZ one, who felt very fatigued 2 days later, then no other ill effects.

Lots of positive news now about other vaccines producing great results too, and a number of them manufacturing here in UK.

She shared this information in her latest Thursday Bantz which was recorded in 2 parts.
She even had to mention all the goodies that were donated & put up a photo. When my Mr T knew the reason for my muttering he said crowing about it sums her up. My sister is 58 & volunteers at a special needs gardening project; she's a double volunteer, gardener & first aider, so was asked if she wanted to be vaccinated & had her first one on Monday, so far she's had a minor headache.

OH had the Oxford one, no ill effects THAT day.

But next day was quite ill, hardly ate for 3 days, had some aches and pains, but strangely the arm that WASN'T jabbed was aching, but no problems with the one that was.

Was also extremely tired, slept most of the 2nd day, and still gets more tired than before. Gradually getting back to normal.

Not had mine yet.

A good few years ago I had a couple of offensive private messages from Janice, who used to shill second-hand phones and other obsolete crap on Ideal World. She liked to call them 'pre-loved' and generally minimise/lie about their attributes - which I took objection to, and posted thus. She made a few quasi-legal threats, accused me of being gay hostile and took her leave. I think she's now on Hochanda.

Silly old moo.

Let’s hope we all get something. Little did I know exactly a year ago when I was sitting in my hairdresser and she was telling me about a young relative who had come back from school skiing trip which was the start of it all, that I would be sitting a year later to get a jab just to enable me and the rest of the country to move outside their front door.

All I need is a haircut and I’m good to go!

Well if DF reads the forum perhaps she could learn to wear her mask properly.

Drives me mad seeing people on TV not wearing it correctly but now we have Q presenters posting photos on blog showing they don't know how to wear them.
That really is piss poor.

Fecking Eejit.

Debbie Flint loves herself so much she wouldn’t consider obscuring any more of her face. This is her volunteering at a vaccination centre as shown on her blog. Elsewhere she shares that she was able to get vaccinated, even though she is 58, because they had a spare vaccine at the end of the day.
Ah. Brings new meaning to the word volunteering.

Someone old & needy could have taken that vac.

Ah. Brings new meaning to the word volunteering.

Someone old & needy could have taken that vac.
A couple of our neighbours are volunteering & they've both been vaccinated, as has the lovely Hugh Bonneville, who is delighted that as a volunteer he gets to wear a high viz waistcoat.

Just reading that serious flu cases are nil this year (in our area anyway) which is probably because those vunerable to flu have not been in contact with the outside world.
Or because people out and about, in the main, are washing their hands, wearing face coverings, and making space between themselves and others. I know there are numpties who are not, but the overwhelming majority are... because we are all vulnerable to flu and cold.
I just hope this newfound (for many) respect for basic hygiene measures lasts longer than the pandemic.

OH had the Oxford one, no ill effects THAT day.

But next day was quite ill, hardly ate for 3 days, had some aches and pains, but strangely the arm that WASN'T jabbed was aching, but no problems with the one that was.

Was also extremely tired, slept most of the 2nd day, and still gets more tired than before. Gradually getting back to normal.

Not had mine yet.
Poor girly, I'm not surprised that she felt like that, her immune system is dealing with an invader. Until this crisis I didn't realise that all the aches & pains we feel when we become ill with a virus is our body starting to fight it; I don't think the medical profession has lost out by me not being one of them.

Or because people out and about, in the main, are washing their hands, wearing face coverings, and making space between themselves and others. I know there are numpties who are not, but the overwhelming majority are... because we are all vulnerable to flu and cold.
I just hope this newfound (for many) respect for basic hygiene measures lasts longer than the pandemic.
Sadly I think your hope will be in vain, people are just grubby. However, my son in law thinks that masks are here to stay, at least during winter & in crowded places.

Sadly I think your hope will be in vain, people are just grubby. However, my son in law thinks that masks are here to stay, at least during winter & in crowded places.
Bearing in mind that we are also running out of effective antibiotics globally, it should be routine to take these simple basic measures seriously. I agree with you about masks, though...but handwashing is so cheap that better compliance would help enormously.

Debbie Flint may have been there for the very best of reasons but why can’t she resist a photo opportunity and the half on mask so we can delight in her looks as much as she does. She makes me uncomfortable, it’s as if she always has an eye for the main chance and I know I am not the only person who sees this. Not a nice characteristic, in my opinion.

Well if DF reads the forum perhaps she could learn to wear her mask properly.

Drives me mad seeing people on TV not wearing it correctly but now we have Q presenters posting photos on blog showing they don't know how to wear them.

She’s a law unto herself with a face only a mother could love. She always takes her selfies showing her gob in any of the four corners, the “Where’s Wally” of selfies so to speak.

I honestly can’t stand her.

Latest posts

Back