Do You Think Any Presenters Read This Forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

E

Eyebrows dye come under monthly jobs. I was supposed to check my monthly list this month but I've missed it by a country mile. Starting again in February.

For monthly jobs I tack them to a numeric day, or the nearest weekend or the week before going away or special whatever if there is one that month. The number of times my fringe has been OK on a Thursday and then you go away for the weekend and fringe has grown an inch!!!

I'd love to go away for a month with no responsibility to sort myself out. Even a long weekend would do. I've got cabin fever at the moment. Need a change, just a few hours even. A spa weekend? Sorry just need a change.
More monthly jobs, pretty please? 🥰

I have a check list for self care. A weekly one and monthly one. It started when I was ill and grown a bit, changed here, developed a bit over there.

Mani Monday - Hands
Tootsie Tuesday - Feet
Wash Hair Wednesday - Hair treatment
De fuzz Thursday - obvious
FRI - catch up if I've not done anything
SAT - free day
Scrub, Soak Slather Sunday.

I tend to do a quick clean of tools after use, but a proper clean on catch up Fri or Sat, then a dedicated proper clean once a month. So long as stuff is done within about three days all is fine.

I've a few different jobs, lists that I've had over the years. It was really handy when I tried to support a friend through her depression.
What a great way round this pandemic time, Penny!

My escape route is different. Apart from the anticipation of the bins (go out Tuesday night, taken Wednesday), and an exciting Thursday grocery delivery (it's amazing how exciting an online delivery can be and today's the day!!!) I read, play bridge with friends online, have small projects each day (baking, cleaning) and go for walks every day I can - very therapeutic and I'm lucky I can and that there are some nice walks round about. Re bridge - we have a regular Saturday fixture with another couple, girls against boys, which gets very competitive and nasty at times - Mr C has accused me of cheating when they lose and it's all online! There's always the phone, knitting and good old telly if all else fails. Currently I'm using up random scraps to make a stripey jumper and see what it looks like at the end of it. Mr C manages to keep out of mischief in the garden or in his shed, though I do wonder what he finds so fascinating about his shed sometimes. Maybe it's to escape the sight and sound of clacking needles. And in spare moments, I pop on here to have a nosey, so thank you all for keeping me sane!

Crystal, I’d be interested to know which site you use for bridge. I’m thinking of trying to play with friends online but don’t really want to use a big bridge site with loads of tables.

Crystal, I’d be interested to know which site you use for bridge. I’m thinking of trying to play with friends online but don’t really want to use a big bridge site with loads of tables.
I don't set it up, Bea, so I don't know the ins and outs of it, but you could try socialbridgeonline.org.

I have to check all the time about everything.
I'm commuting from the bedroom to the living room, and live in daily dread of getting the days wrong. I'm temporally challenged (a form of dyscalculia I reckon, though not diagnosed).
I watched an interesting youtube post, and apparently being smelly is more likely with a clean body in frequently worn clothes than with an unwashed body in clean clothes! I keep that in mind if I can't remember when I last showered or bathed and don't have time to remedy it there and then.

Basically, life is like Christmas on steroids for losing track of the days...
Our smelly woman is a combination of the two!!! Can't say that I noticed much, if any difference when she was wearing something clean (as in new) but I think perhaps the level of unclean in the body department was too extreme for this theory to work. Very interesting though!

We're creatures of routine & time so when that gets disrupted days & dates lose relevance. I haven't worn a watch since I retired three years ago & with clocks & a phone I don't miss it, however, the feeling that it's always Sunday totally confuses me. I've started writing down a daily question to answer 2 weeks later; remembering the answer isn't a problem, thinking up a question when I'm not doing much & the only places I go are a few shops or my Boris walk around the streets is really difficult. The question I wrote down yesterday was the price of my cereal from Aldi 🤪
Don't you go to the park for walks, T?

Don't you go to the park for walks, T?
Sometimes & I do love our park, however, as I've been my Mr T's eyes for the last few weeks it's been easier to go somewhere with less people. I also avoid it on the two days when we have little granddaughter because she wants to go to the play area, which is closed; she's a very easy gong child but I don't want to have to deal with a meltdown on the day her lack back attitude gets left at home. We're very lucky that we're so close to open countryside & when Nelson's sight is back to normal we'll go out on real walks. I'm also very nosey & love having a look at houses, especially if it's a dark day & people have their lights on so that I can see inside.

Well if DF reads the forum perhaps she could learn to wear her mask properly.

Drives me mad seeing people on TV not wearing it correctly but now we have Q presenters posting photos on blog showing they don't know how to wear them.

Attachments

• Top-picture-2-1-1024x569.jpg
    Top-picture-2-1-1024x569.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 103
Debbie Flint loves herself so much she wouldn’t consider obscuring any more of her face. This is her volunteering at a vaccination centre as shown on her blog. Elsewhere she shares that she was able to get vaccinated, even though she is 58, because they had a spare vaccine at the end of the day.

Debbie Flint loves herself so much she wouldn’t consider obscuring any more of her face. This is her volunteering at a vaccination centre as shown on her blog. Elsewhere she shares that she was able to get vaccinated, even though she is 58, because they had a spare vaccine at the end of the day.

Drives me mad seeing people on TV not wearing it correctly but now we have Q presenters posting photos on blog showing they don't know how to wear them.
If she is at a vaccination centre, she should be wearing her mask correctly for goodness sake. Goodness, she annoys me and then to hear she has jumped the queue for the vaccine. Typical.

If I was her she should have kept that quiet. There are a lot of people who are extremely vulnerable and are still waiting to get a jab (like me), and to hear that a 'no mark' gets hers months ahead of when she should get it makes my blood boil. Sorry but it throws suspicion on why she decides to volunteer in the first place - to consider herself a front line worker ???? She's an utter sh......e and thats polite for what I'm really thinking.

If I was her she should have kept that quiet. There are a lot of people who are extremely vulnerable and are still waiting to get a jab (like me), and to hear that a 'no mark' gets hers months ahead of when she should get it makes my blood boil. Sorry but it throws suspicion on why she decides to volunteer in the first place - to consider herself a front line worker ???? She's an utter sh......e and thats polite for what I'm really thinking.
The thought occurred to me as well.

I will be in the next group.
at doctor or at a centre?

I booked on line as soon as it opened but the first time I tried the site went belly up leaving me hanging for over an hour. At 1.30 in the morning got straight through chose my slot and was automatically given another one in 10 weeks, exactly 10 weeks to the minute!
It’s at a brand new big leisure centre so here’s hoping ok.

Mr L has to get it from doctor but who knows when - daft as he is older and more vunerable than me (TBH there are thousands who should be before me but it seems to be done purely on age)

And that was at a vaccination centre!!!

I know that happens and I suppose it makes sense not to waste it but why is my first thought “Christ she’s blagged another freebie”

at doctor or at a centre?

I booked on line as soon as it opened but the first time I tried the site went belly up leaving me hanging for over an hour. At 1.30 in the morning got straight through chose my slot and was automatically given another one in 10 weeks, exactly 10 weeks to the minute!
It’s at a brand new big leisure centre so here’s hoping ok.

Mr L has to get it from doctor but who knows when - daft as he is older and more vunerable than me (TBH there are thousands who should be before me but it seems to be done purely on age)
No idea?

They are inviting 65-69 to book at one of the centres now. Said on the news doctors are only doing 70+. I have asthma and 63 next month, so no doubt will find out in next month or March.

Latest posts

Back