Elemis TSV 30/7/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Over the years that QVC have sold Elemis I have dipped in and out more out...When Elemis was first sold it made my skin very spotty. The perfume and oils were too much. Now I am decades older its not rich enough. The Essence is just like thick water does nothing for my skin. Body Shop are fab for Essences. Very well priced and they last me at least a year for 160ml bottle. Lasts all day long. Super plumping and ultra hydrating.

One of the first products I ever bought from QVC way back in 1997 was Elemis. Yes, I was watching and a set of cleanser and toner 400mls each Linden blossom and Lavender toner. I loved the smell of the toner and used those for a number of years, rebuying. The moisturizers came in tubes and I think £23 or £24 for 50mls normal, dry and combination were the choices.

Elemis are getting too expensive… £90 for a 30ml serum is ridiculous. And £89 for a 50ml tub of face cream…..
And I see their body wash is now £29 a bottle…… that has to be turned upside down and banged to get the product out!
That is absolutely crazy!
I have a stock of PCMC and once it’s down I’m going to try the new LE night cream… £26 full price, now thats a price I don’t mind paying!

Elemis are getting too expensive… £90 for a 30ml serum is ridiculous. And £89 for a 50ml tub of face cream…..
And I see their body wash is now £29 a bottle…… that has to be turned upside down and banged to get the product out!
That is absolutely crazy!
I have a stock of PCMC and once it’s down I’m going to try the new LE night cream… £26 full price, now thats a price I don’t mind paying!
I'm not buying this TSV, just not interested in hearing Keeley banging on, introducing yet another layer of product for us to fork out on. Plus, has she had more work done on her face again? That certainly puts me off buying their products! Claire, thanks for the Emma Hardie brilliance oil tip off. Been using it for only four days. I LOVE it!!! The smell alone is gorgeous. A few drops warmed in the fingers does my face and neck then run hands through my hair. It's a really beautiful oil, a keeper. And the price on Amazon!!! Am thinking of buying a few! It's a quarter of the price of the Elemis oil. Am going to try her moisturiser next, £44 for 50 ml. That's more like it!!

The only reason why I am not buying the Emma Harding oil is I have M&S Forumla Extra Rich Face Oil in 30ml and I bought Three. One bottle will last me a year. Cost me £7.50 each in the sale and £15.00 full price. Fabulous face oil for the driest of skins. Elemis take note!
Just noticed the Cleanser in the TSV is only 75ml thats a trial size for a cleanser. Nobody not even Elemis will convince me 30ml is full size for a moisturiser.

I'm not buying this TSV, just not interested in hearing Keeley banging on, introducing yet another layer of product for us to fork out on. Plus, has she had more work done on her face again? That certainly puts me off buying their products! Claire, thanks for the Emma Hardie brilliance oil tip off. Been using it for only four days. I LOVE it!!! The smell alone is gorgeous. A few drops warmed in the fingers does my face and neck then run hands through my hair. It's a really beautiful oil, a keeper. And the price on Amazon!!! Am thinking of buying a few! It's a quarter of the price of the Elemis oil. Am going to try her moisturiser next, £44 for 50 ml. That's more like it!!
I thought she’d had more work done… that’s entirely her choice but don’t try and convince us it’s all down to Elemis…

Glad you are loving the Emma Hardie oil! I really like it, but I don’t love it… it’s a bit heavy for me so only using it at night. If you love it it’s worth getting a few at that price…. M&S usually have a free gift when you spend x amount on Emma Hardie… worth looking to try products in the range..

The only reason why I am not buying the Emma Harding oil is I have M&S Forumla Extra Rich Face Oil in 30ml and I bought Three. One bottle will last me a year. Cost me £7.50 each in the sale and £15.00 full price. Fabulous face oil for the driest of skins. Elemis take note!
Just noticed the Cleanser in the TSV is only 75ml thats a trial size for a cleanser. Nobody not even Elemis will convince me 30ml is full size for a moisturiser.
30ml doesn’t last that long either….

You have just reminded me that I bought two of the m&s facial oils in an outlet shop recently. They are such good value and quality. Gone right off elemis

The shelf life issue didn’t help….
Yes. I don't like to keep harping on about the age of the products but that issue won't go away for me. Its daft because before it was raised and people started complaining I never gave it a thought. Just assumed products were made recently be it on the high street or online

Well, sitting here with my broken pelvis healing now, I have just been on Liz Earle website and bought all sorts. Got the night cream and oil as freebies. They have a choice of free gifts but I wanted to try the new night cream.

I think I have been really good these past weeks at not buying anything from anywhere. I have had a lot of to time on my hands and as much as there has been a lot I could have bought from Q, I have been as good as gold and not parted with a penny. Am proud of myself. I most certainly would never pay the Elemis prices. Beyond a joke the cost of their stuff.

Yes. I don't like to keep harping on about the age of the products but that issue won't go away for me. Its daft because before it was raised and people started complaining I never gave it a thought. Just assumed products were made recently be it on the high street or online
Same here…I never gave it a thought before the Elemis TSV. But now, if I’m even considering buying from QVC, it has to be something I’m going to use within the next year….

I suspect thats the point lol. And to get us used to 30ml being a full size. The Serum Is to get us used to paying £100.00 a small bottle . I dont think so.The Emporer's new clothes comes to mind.
Well it hasn’t fooled us!
And M&S have got £10 off some of their formula products…. 🤨

Well, sitting here with my broken pelvis healing now, I have just been on Liz Earle website and bought all sorts. Got the night cream and oil as freebies. They have a choice of free gifts but I wanted to try the new night cream.

I think I have been really good these past weeks at not buying anything from anywhere. I have had a lot of to time on my hands and as much as there has been a lot I could have bought from Q, I have been as good as gold and not parted with a penny. Am proud of myself. I most certainly would never pay the Elemis prices. Beyond a joke the cost of their stuff.
You deserve a nice treat!
LE prices are so reasonable…. If o ly they hadn’t fiddled with the skin repair…but I am going to try it again I think…

If Elemis was as special as Keeley tells us then the TSV's would be worth the money by a long chalk. But when a basic item like a moisturiser does not do the basics I wont be buying.

Same here…I never gave it a thought before the Elemis TSV. But now, if I’m even considering buying from QVC, it has to be something I’m going to use within the next year….

Well it hasn’t fooled us!
And M&S have got £10 off some of their formula products…. 🤨

You deserve a nice treat!
LE prices are so reasonable…. If o ly they hadn’t fiddled with the skin repair…but I am going to try it again I think…
The night cream is bang on luxury. The smell is gorgeous. Its also more hydrating than I thought it would be. A real treat!

I had the 75ml of superskin moisturiser in my basket (£40), then checked eBay and a lass was selling one for £30, so bought that instead. So I have a mixture of stuff coming, and for reasonable prices. Am a happy, but still a bit sore bunny.

The night cream is bang on luxury. The smell is gorgeous. Its also more hydrating than I thought it would be. A real treat!
Is that the skin repair one or the superskin one Boffy?

You have just reminded me that I bought two of the m&s facial oils in an outlet shop recently. They are such good value and quality. Gone right off elemis
I’ve just bought a bottle of Emma Hardie face oil and signed up for a free prime trial while I was at it.
Elemis will be for deals that can’t be turned down only.
This isn’t one of them.

Latest posts

Back