Elemis TSV - Thursday 3rd March 2011

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Christmas TSV had a value of around the £130 mark for around £40 so if this one is around £185 for £72 the value is even better as long as you know you will use the products. If someone isnt sure about one or more of the contents then it starts to decrease in the good value stakes.

Like I said I will be buying it but I know that I will use all the products and that I like them so for me it represents good value but if it was a brand I wasnt sure of there is no way I would spend £70 on the chance that I might like them

Totally agree delh. I am an Elemis user and these are all the products from the range I love and do use. So for me it is a given I will buy it. There have been Elemis TSVs I did not buy as they did not contain the products I can use.
As I have roseaca, I cannot use the Tri products so any TSV with those are out. Papaya makes me itch so that is out, but if its only a 15mls size I just give away.

The Christmas TSV had a value of around the £130 mark for around £40 so if this one is around £185 for £72 the value is even better as long as you know you will use the products. If someone isnt sure about one or more of the contents then it starts to decrease in the good value stakes.

Like I said I will be buying it but I know that I will use all the products and that I like them so for me it represents good value but if it was a brand I wasnt sure of there is no way I would spend £70 on the chance that I might like them

This TSV only SEEMS to be better value than a Christmas TSV because we "save" more money (in £)
compared to the recommended value,
but the real discount is less than for Christmas, considering how high the price is.

When we buy 2 Christmas TSVs, which often happens, we pay around £80 (=2x£40)
for £260 (=2x£130) value !

Christmas TSVs really ARE more interesting than this TSV where you pay £72 for "only" £185 value !

:flower::flower::flower:

Keeley is saying its worth over £205.

The Pro Rad cleanser I worked out ml for mil at £5+, they are saying £8
The serum again I worked out ml for ml should be £32+ but again they say £38.

I know last year in Debenhams on the Elemis counter you bought two Elemis products you got 5 mini sizes. The 30mls Pro Rad and 10ml serum where two of them.

I know last year in Debenhams on the Elemis counter you bought two Elemis products you got 5 mini sizes. The 30mls Pro Rad and 10ml serum where two of them.

Based on your price comparison Donna is it still vfm

Maybe they are going on the travel size prices instead of the ml for ml ones?

It's excellent VFM for me as they're all products I'll use; I haven't bought an Elemis TSV since the purple bag one which launched the Radiance cleanser (xmas 09?) simply because there were products I don't use and would end up giving away or shifting on ebay.

I'm less bothered about ml for ml value or £% saved and really happy that it's a set I'll use :rock:

Jude xx

Sorry but years of AY brain washing makes me do ml for ml value.:dull: Its the same as buying perfume, 100ml size is xxx but the 50ml size does not mean it will be half the 100mls price.

I am still buy it of course. Sad individual that I am, actually excited about the lilac vanity bag.:heart:

anything is only worth what someone will pay for it and as I use all the products in the TSV then I will pay for it and I will have had good value. Someone who uses Decleor might think that a ISV for £40 is great value for money but for me it wouldnt be because I dont use the products (just an example). So for me value for money is about if I would use ALL the products and how much I would save from buying them individually. So yes if you bought 2 Christmas TSV's then you would save more money but if you wouldnt use one or two of the products then the value goes down.
Whenever I am thinking about buying beauty TSV's I look at the contents and compare what I would pay for the products in it that I would use and what the price of the TSV is. If your not going to use the products then it doesnt matter how cheap it is its still not value for money

Personally this TSV is great value for money for me because the contents are things that I use everyday

Indeed it goes without saying what is value to one won't be to another. I have not looked at mls v price before so it's all interesting to see the breakdown. I have used some but not all of the products in this collection so any feedback received prior to this one going to air is helpful.

Agree that this is good value if you use all the products - although it is debatable whether any of these products actually performs any better than a supermarket brand - the famous Aldi cream at less than £2 comes to mind.

As with all these things, you makes your choice and pays your money. I say this as a high end product junkie of many decades. And if I was ever brave enough to tot up my expenditure on these wonder creams then I would probably frighten myself to death!

What is annoying with this TSV is when compared to the last one - of which I bought 2 - the fact remains that it is less of a bargain. The last TSV was priced at 30.77% of the RRP, and if that charging policy was levied on this set, valued by Keely at £205, then we would only pay £63.08 for it.

Will I buy it? Well, there's no fool like an old fool is there - and yep, I love the vanity case! That's exactly the right name for it - vanity:)

I did read a post from Keeley on Facebook that there isn't much stock for this TSV as there would normally be for a Elemis TSV because of the high price point so probably will sell out during the day but I can't find the post as it seems that she's deleted a lot of comments off her page as people were copying and pasting the pics of the TSV onto her facebook page for other users to see. Whoops just found the pics are still up I didn't press the others link. Sorry Keeley.

I hope it won't be like the Ojon TSV from last month that sold out at 09:30am although I won't be buying.

Last edited:
No offence to Keeley but she has said that before about a TSV, the one before the Xmas one. Now it wasn't on easy pay(I took the miff and refused to buy it because of that), it did not sell out at all. When it appeared on intro price with 2 or 3 easy pay it did sell out quickly. Perhaps because this one is on easy pay that will make a difference whether is sells out and how quickly? Still lots of people being put off by the total price.

Seems strange that this TSV is on a Thursday. Aren't Elemis TSV's usually on at a weekend like Liz Earle when more people are watching?
Unless it's the high price, so they don't think they'll sell as many?

On a very selfish level, I wish more beauty TSV's were on weekdays as I would be able to watch a little more of the demonstrations/application techniques without interruption.

My walls have far more ears at the weekend! :doh:

:heart::heart::heart:

I am definitely going to be buying this! It's everything I use and a few bits I am running low on as well (serum & eye & lip cream), I also need a PCMC night, okay I have 2 unopened PCMC day, but never mind, they'll be used up eventually. Considering the value for everything else I am not passing on it & going to Harvey Nicks to buy it all separately. I am possibly in love with the vanity case as well.

I'll also be ordering too thanks to the EP although I also have 2 PCMC in my stash. If it helps make up your mind Keeley has said on facebook that the next 2 TSVs do not have PCMC in them (May and September).

Latest posts

Back