Emma Hardie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes - pour a very small amount into my cupped palm, then rub hands together then smooth across my skin. Or if you have spray toner (instant boost comes in a spray, as do the elemis toners) you can squoosh a couple of sprays across your face then smooth it across so it goes everywhere. If you use a thicker toner (like decleor's youth lotion, or clarins extra comforting) it's even easier to do with the bare hands.

Personally, I don't blot any residue off, as smoothing it on with my hands means I can feel where I need more, but if I'd over-applied, I'd probably use a face towel to blot off the residue.

I use facial oils, and I find they go on much better over a slightly moister, toned skin than if I apply straight after cleansing.

I tried your cottonwool-free toner application method this morning, maymorganlondon. Wow, you need so little when you just use your fingers! I was worried it would run all over the place and be wasted more than it would on a cotton ball or pad but no (helps that the top on Instant Boost allows you to dispense in drops). Good tip, thanks.

I use Bamboon flannels, they are softest you can get. Don't actually use them for the face, I have a rather large collection of Eve Lom muslin cloths. Her's always large and heavy quality that LE, not all dazzling white now but washed in the machine and clean.

Toner Elemis I know you just spray a fine mist on the fact and I leave.

Donna, do you recommend the Eve Lom cleansing balm? the Elemis one upsets my skin, as does their pro-radiance one.

@ China Girl: If you are looking for good incis, then I would prefer the Emma Hardie Moringa Balm over the Eve Lom balm. Just my two cents.

I also use flannels made from cotton, but besides that, I alternate with those flannels which are made from microfiber and I buy them from a German coffee company when they are on sale there (3 for 3€, originally 5€, the price is always the same). The microfiber flannels don't peel the skin, they are very soft and fluffy and dry very quickly.

Ahh - I can't use microfiber - I find the little "hooks" hook me - makes my skin crawl.

I use Bamboon flannels, they are softest you can get. Don't actually use them for the face, I have a rather large collection of Eve Lom muslin cloths. Her's always large and heavy quality that LE, not all dazzling white now but washed in the machine and clean.

Toner Elemis I know you just spray a fine mist on the fact and I leave.

I too use bamboo (or bamboon :)) flannels - they are lovely but pricey. I have muslin cloths, but don't really enjoy using them.

I tried your cottonwool-free toner application method this morning, maymorganlondon. Wow, you need so little when you just use your fingers! I was worried it would run all over the place and be wasted more than it would on a cotton ball or pad but no (helps that the top on Instant Boost allows you to dispense in drops). Good tip, thanks.

Thank you, and welcome! Using cotton wool pads is a great sales ploy - you waste so much product... The palms of your hands don't absorb product and can mould to your face - great beauty tools they are!! With the exception of eye products, I've never had a facial with anything applied using cotton wool pads. It's always applied and worked into the skin with bare hands, and removed with flannels, and blotted lightly with a tissue. One of the best ways to get your moisturiser to sink in, in my view, is to use your hands (palms in particular) to press it into your skin. It's amazingly quickly absorbed that way. Wiping products across your face wastes it more.

Another fan of bamboo cloths so soft and long lasting,Im applying my toner now with the palms of my hand.

Ingredients of Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, PEG-8 Beeswax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sambucus Nigra (Elderberry) Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Silica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Lecithin, Borago Officinalis (Starflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Cera (Wax), Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Acacia Decurrens (Mimosa) Flower Cera (Wax), Rosa Multiflora (Rose) Flower Cera (Wax), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Ho Wood) Wood Oil, Mentha Arvensis (Mint) Leaf Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Menthol, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Citric Acid, Linalool, Geraniol, Eugenol, Citronellol, Limonene.

Moringa Cleansing Balm - Ingredients:

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Beeswax, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Sorbitan Stearate, Palmitic/Stearic Triglycerides, Limonene, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Silica, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Juniperus Virginiana Oil, Aqua (Water), Lecithin, Linalool, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl PCA, Menthyl PCA, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Disodium Phosphate, Citronellol, Citric Acid, Geraniol, Citral. - See more at: http://www.emmahardie.com/product.p...with_cleansing_cloth?r=1#sthash.kJH9VAtB.dpuf

EVE LOM BALM CLEANSER

PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), PEG-30 LANOLIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, ALUMINUM STEARATE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, PEG-75 LANOLIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, EUGENIA CARYOPHYLLUS (CLOVE) LEAF OIL, HUMULUS LUPULUS (HOPS) OIL, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER OIL, EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS LEAF OIL, BHT.

MERUMAYA MELTING CLEANSING BALM

INCI - CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERIN, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, AQUA (WATER), SUCROSE LAURATE, GLYCERYL DIBEHENATE, ECHIUM PLANTAGINEUM SEED OIL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SUCROSE PALMITATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), SUCROSE COCOATE, SUCROSE STEARATE, CITRONELLOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, GARCINIA MANGOSTANA FRUIT EXTRACT, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CHLORPHENESIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL.

All of these are available on QVC.

One of the strikes against Eve Lom is the inclusion of mineral oil.

I think that Eve Lom is the most expensive of them all. I remember it was on air one day £85 for 500 ml pot.
Edit: Here we go, don't forget the P&P all together over £91 for 500 of "Vaseline"
http://www.qvcuk.com/Eve-Lom-Cleans....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-203252

Ali was saying this (Eve Lom) is the most occlusive. That sounds great, but what it means is that it's the one which blocks air from the skin. I dare say there are beautician treatments that might require that, but is that what us amateurs are wanting to do?

Donna, do you recommend the Eve Lom cleansing balm? the Elemis one upsets my skin, as does their pro-radiance one.

I would be very careful of the Eve Lom if Elemis upsets you. Its not as essential oil rich but if you can get a sample. SpaceNK if you have one in your town usually have samples(they actually own the brand now), and you get a little muslin cloth free. With Eve Lom, you wring the cloth in hot water and press against your face twice, then the third time wipe the balm off, then rinse the colth in cold water and press against your face. It does make your face feel so clean and fresh.

Eve Lom brought me out in a rash when I tried it around 14 years ago. Emma Hardie balm is wonderful on my skin. Like the Elemis balm too. Also have a Neal's Yard Rose Cleansing Balm to try after my Elemis one is finished.

Bear in mind that the Eve Lom Cleanser's first ingredient is PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL).

Neither the Elemis and the Emma Hardie are based on mineral oils.

Latest posts

Back