Ex Ideal World Employee - Ask away! Anything

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol thanks. I won't be here forever. But if I had just left and gone quiet the cynical ones would have even more reason to believe I was lying and ideal world are scammers. Trust me, I believed the same until I worked there. So much rubbish speculation about stuff that's just not true. Lol

I don't watch IW channels (already have a TomTom and don't want a Karcher - and they don't sell anything else) but I just had to pipe up because some people like to be rude for the sake of it it would seem :(

Anyway, I've gone off topic...sorry...carry on... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What do you mean by Loen, Andy and Dave are freelance? (Sorry for being thick)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many Jobs in tv are freelance. You are employed by yourself. Your own boss. Andy world work for "andy love ltd". And bill ideal world for his time. Not many tv jobs are under full time contracts.

It always annoys me when craft guests deliberately throw stuff on the floor, knowing that someone else has to clear it up, it seems disrespectful, do the crew find it annoying as well, and who are the worst offenders? also do you keep in touch with any of the presenters now you have left?

It always annoys me when craft guests deliberately throw stuff on the floor, knowing that someone else has to clear it up, it seems disrespectful, do the crew find it annoying as well, and who are the worst offenders? also do you keep in touch with any of the presenters now you have left?

I don't keep in touch with anyone hardly. It annoys the floor team too when craft guests make a mess, but to be honest, sets have to be swept after each shoe either way so it doesn't make much difference. It's when presenters feel we are canteen staff and should get them drinks that is annoying. Politely the are told no. Plus drinks aren't meant to be in the studios even though they always are

Why do they have drinks tray full of water then for every show?

It's kind if a stupid rule. You're not meant to have drinks in tv studios or galleries because of the equipment. Yet presenters need drinks and especially models on fitness shows. So it starts off with drinks safely away then they end up being hidden behind things and getting spilt. Just bad etiquette really.

It's kind if a stupid rule. You're not meant to have drinks in tv studios or galleries because of the equipment. Yet presenters need drinks and especially models on fitness shows. So it starts off with drinks safely away then they end up being hidden behind things and getting spilt. Just bad etiquette really.

When a presenter mentions a brand name and then hurriedly says 'others are available' and reels off a few other names...I sort of get why but could you explain so I understand a bit more please? Also, just how much trouble could they be in if they didn't cover their tracks?

When a presenter mentions a brand name and then hurriedly says 'others are available' and reels off a few other names...I sort of get why but could you explain so I understand a bit more please? Also, just how much trouble could they be in if they didn't cover their tracks?

It can be seen as advertising another company for free. It used to be completely not allowed but rules were relaxed to state that if they mention 2 or 3 others, it's not classed as being bias. I do not know what the repercussions would be. I studied tv, not law :)

It can be seen as advertising another company for free. It used to be completely not allowed but rules were relaxed to state that if they mention 2 or 3 others, it's not classed as being bias. I do not know what the repercussions would be. I studied tv, not law :)

When I worked there every programme had to pay a certain amount around £4,000 to cover costs, and then profit from the item would be split between IW and the company being shown.

When i worked there, everybody told me the same thing, and it was vaguely on the Ideal Shopping Direct website.

Usually it would be between 50-60%, however, popular shows, may only have to pay 30% profit, as they can negotiate, as they could go to another channel. I.e. Easyo yogurt went to QVC because of a better deal.

Wasn't this mainly back in the Matt Wright era when they did seem to have a lot more paid for shows... more like daylight robbery, allowing companies to pay to sell items that IW know won't sell well on TV - I wonder how much they charge now like for those Cruise Shows.

Isn't it common knowledge that Ellis wanted more money when she returned but they said no? Funny thing is, no one can imagine she is even getting what she got at IW at TJC, let alone more.

And didn't Simon Isles quit live on air as he knew his axe was impending due to his 'Shopping TV' venture which only lasted a month?

Wasn't this mainly back in the Matt Wright era when they did seem to have a lot more paid for shows... more like daylight robbery, allowing companies to pay to sell items that IW know won't sell well on TV - I wonder how much they charge now like for those Cruise Shows.

Isn't it common knowledge that Ellis wanted more money when she returned but they said no? Funny thing is, no one can imagine she is even getting what she got at IW at TJC, let alone more.

And didn't Simon Isles quit live on air as he knew his axe was impending due to his 'Shopping TV' venture which only lasted a month?

I don't know and I don't know. Simon iles had a tv channel? You know more on that than me. Lol

I don't know and I don't know. Simon iles had a tv channel? You know more on that than me. Lol

He had a couple of hours of airtime with some very ropey looking programmes which admittedly he didn't appear on but apparently was enough to stir IW up.

http://www.shoppingtelevision.co.uk/ - Spotless Productions Ltd - only director of the company being a Mandy Isles

You said earlier about the USA shows being directed from the UK, in that the cameras were actually mixed in the UK?! Was it broadcast over broadband / VOIP type setup?

He had a couple of hours of airtime with some very ropey looking programmes which admittedly he didn't appear on but apparently was enough to stir IW up.

http://www.shoppingtelevision.co.uk/ - Spotless Productions Ltd - only director of the company being a Mandy Isles

You said earlier about the USA shows being directed from the UK, in that the cameras were actually mixed in the UK?! Was it broadcast over broadband / VOIP type setup?

Thanks for the link. Haha.
I under the impression the shows were done over broadband yes.

Hi thanks for answering all these questions . Just wondering about a couple of craft shows that have been pulled in recent months . One was a small company who had 2 shows booked for the day. The first show didn't sell enough so the second wad pulled . Then a recent 4 day deal was pulled early as they were told they weren't selling enough . Sorry for the waffle lol my question is what's enough?? Is it different for each show , or is there a benchmark that all shows have to reach??? Thanks in advance xx

Anyone else got the feeling IW have been reading this thread? some of the comments made on air today have made me think this

Hi thanks for answering all these questions . Just wondering about a couple of craft shows that have been pulled in recent months . One was a small company who had 2 shows booked for the day. The first show didn't sell enough so the second wad pulled . Then a recent 4 day deal was pulled early as they were told they weren't selling enough . Sorry for the waffle lol my question is what's enough?? Is it different for each show , or is there a benchmark that all shows have to reach??? Thanks in advance xx

That's something producers talk discuss, not a floor team. I wouldn't know.

Loen made a comment about baking some of the food and giving it to the crew up stairs but for nobody to report her and as there not allowed to do it , she seemed to make a big deal out of it mayb im over thinking it but who nos lol havent watched much of IW in the last few days. Loen was almost much better with Paul the chef which was mentioned before on here about on there last few shows that she was abit off with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back