Ex Ideal World Employee - Ask away! Anything

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Risk Assessments: Well, that's the nature of any business

TV Costs thousands per hour: That's why each hour, the company being shown has to pay around £4,000 and the 40-60% profit from any other sales in the hour.

ASA will shut them down: Watch bid tv for an hour, and you will see that is not the case. They have got away with lies for years. And when I tell the ASA to watch they say "they are a small team, and can only watch, when people have an issue..." They don't watch 24/7 like you make out! lol

ideal world operate as if they are constantly watched.
Companies don't pay £4-6000 an hour per show. I have no idea who told you that, but its false. There aren't actually many shows that pay for airtime. One of them is the cruise show though.

I know that many people don't share this view but I find Moira C amusing. I enjoy watching her because I can switch off from the concerns of the day by concentrating on some general light hearted banter and the wonderful scarflace/chi chi / colleto! Is Moira always so positive and fun to work with?

Moira C is an absolute handful and very peculiar. She is always outgoing and unique, but the 100% personality she shows on tv is just an exaggerated version of her. Setting up shows, she is actually really quiet and serious. It's no surprise that she drinks 3-4 energy drinks per show!

Don't title your thread "Ask me anything" then, if you don't want to be asked about these things :tongue:
I can't say I find how 'demos are prepped' very interesting

But some do. Maybe I wrongly named the thread slightly wrong. I apologise if that's the case.
If you read some comments people are saying "ooo this is interesting!". Maybe because I work in tv I find the behind the scenes stuff more interesting than most and wrongly presumed others did.

But some do. Maybe I wrongly named the thread slightly wrong. I apologise if that's the case.
If you read some comments people are saying "ooo this is interesting!". Maybe because I work in tv I find the behind the scenes stuff more interesting than most and wrongly presumed others did.

I find it very interesting also. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really enjoying this thread. Lots of things intrigue me about IW such as how can the Bissell remove dried in paint on a carpet, I know for sure my bissell don't... also I hope the floor manager and producer get more money for doing Loen's shows, the way she talk back to them in her ear is very often cringe worthy, imo she is one bossy lady and no way would I want to work with her.

Moira C is an absolute handful and very peculiar. She is always outgoing and unique, but the 100% personality she shows on tv is just an exaggerated version of her. Setting up shows, she is actually really quiet and serious. It's no surprise that she drinks 3-4 energy drinks per show!

I bet she is a bit nervous and over compensates ( mind you, I would be as well if I had to wear one of those Its a wrap thingamybobs on tv :giggle:)

I have a question if i may......What happens to all the crafty stuff that is opened on air?

Talking Moira C, please tell me would you wear one of her scarfs that turns into a skirt that turns into a pair of trousers......

This is the first thread in a long time that's been interesting on the IW section! Thank you TFTT for your information and behind the scene's gossip lol. I've got a few questions if you don't mind answering.

1. Are there any new products that are coming to IW in the near future. I know that you no longer work there, however, did you hear anything that's was new coming to the channel?

2. Do Ideal World sell anything that's also sold on the USA HSN channel? I've always wondered if they two channel's are connected in some way and if IW will be selling anything that is currently being sold on HSN.

I like Ideal World, however, it's repetitive tv schedule gets boring and I tend to watch QVC a lot more but got to love Dean Wilson!

Still enjoying the behind the scenes stuff (I don't know why some people on this thread don't just leave it and go away if they're not enjoying it/getting the answers they want...)

I was wondering, with the shows when you demo the paint pads or the spray painter systems - is there a reason that you chose the colours you do? They always seem like a strange choices, lime green on blue for example - or painting in a luminous yellow for the Bissel Carpet demo? Is there a particular reason?

Also - after so many Karcher shows, how do you STILL find paving slabs with grime on them?? Surely the whole surronding area must be clean by now!

This gent has shown some of the presenters out for telling porkies though. he says quite clearly that presenters have no say in what shows they work on, whereas I have heard at least 3 of them state in no uncertain terms that they 'demanded' being put on this show and have even 'come in on their days off' to host a show.

I personally don't want bad feeling, I don't want to hear who is and who isn't a bitch, but I had to post that i find it a bit much that an ex employee is coming on here, like you said youself in your own weekend free time, to post nothing BUT positive about the company, my intelligent brain makes me question everything, I apologise for any offence indeed, but I will continue to question everything. As the lady above also said, Bissell does NOT remove paint off my carpet either, nor even faily bad ground in dirt, not a bad purchase, in fact a great puchase, but worrying when every week presenters are showing things which cannot be replicated with identical machines and fluids.

This gent has shown some of the presenters out for telling porkies though. he says quite clearly that presenters have no say in what shows they work on, whereas I have heard at least 3 of them state in no uncertain terms that they 'demanded' being put on this show and have even 'come in on their days off' to host a show.

I personally don't want bad feeling, I don't want to hear who is and who isn't a bitch, but I had to post that i find it a bit much that an ex employee is coming on here, like you said youself in your own weekend free time, to post nothing BUT positive about the company, my intelligent brain makes me question everything, I apologise for any offence indeed, but I will continue to question everything. As the lady above also said, Bissell does NOT remove paint off my carpet either, nor even faily bad ground in dirt, not a bad purchase, in fact a great puchase, but worrying when every week presenters are showing things which cannot be replicated with identical machines and fluids.

I have spoken to all the demonstrators who have done the bissel. If the paint is relatively fresh, it should come up, but it'll depend on the paint. Ideal world demonstrate with Dulux matt paint, and the colour is ivy green. Ideal world cameras aren't good enough to pick up the small bits that are not cleaned. But again, it is real paint. Believe me, I thought it was all a scam too until I worked there. All the demonstrators said to me that if any stain has been there longer than a day or two it probably won't come out. So don't listen when they say "if you've been hiding a stain with a rug, but this", because it won't work. Most people buy because they've had a long term stain and are disappointed.

You're more than welcome to doubt me. It makes no difference to me.

Funnily enough, I'm enfuriated that I come on here to help , which many appreciate. Yet some are just like "fake! Pr stunt" .

You have to remember that this is an open forum, anyone can register and post, within reason and the law. Many companies use forums such as this to disseminate inaccuracies or promote themselves. You mustn't get offended if people wonder about what you say and it's provenance.

Your own posts have already intimated that IW is not above faking some demonstrations.

Last edited:
Still enjoying the behind the scenes stuff (I don't know why some people on this thread don't just leave it and go away if they're not enjoying it/getting the answers they want...)

I was wondering, with the shows when you demo the paint pads or the spray painter systems - is there a reason that you chose the colours you do? They always seem like a strange choices, lime green on blue for example - or painting in a luminous yellow for the Bissel Carpet demo? Is there a particular reason?

Also - after so many Karcher shows, how do you STILL find paving slabs with grime on them?? Surely the whole surronding area must be clean by now!

With the paint pad demos, the colours are bold outrageous cours to make it easy to see. Not only for viewers but cameramen. Cameras are using 3 inch black and white view finders. Using blue and green makes it a lot easier than painting light brown over cream for example.

With the slabs, Derek gets them weathered naturally near his warehouse. A driver brings pallet loads of them which floor crew unload into the garden. Clean ones are taken away and weathered again. About 300 slabs are delivered each week karcher is on.

Hope this clears things up?

This is the first thread in a long time that's been interesting on the IW section! Thank you TFTT for your information and behind the scene's gossip lol. I've got a few questions if you don't mind answering.

1. Are there any new products that are coming to IW in the near future. I know that you no longer work there, however, did you hear anything that's was new coming to the channel?

2. Do Ideal World sell anything that's also sold on the USA HSN channel? I've always wondered if they two channel's are connected in some way and if IW will be selling anything that is currently being sold on HSN.

I like Ideal World, however, it's repetitive tv schedule gets boring and I tend to watch QVC a lot more but got to love Dean Wilson!

Apologies, floor managers first hear about new products on the day of the shows, so I wouldn't know.

I have a question if i may......What happens to all the crafty stuff that is opened on air?

All craft samples go back and are stored in a department called "craft co-ordination", it is used again and again until it no longer looks like a full sample. Then it is used for demos and a fresh sample is used to show the product and what you get.

What discount do the staff and presenters get if they order a product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back