Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

so flicked over and just a recorded programme on pearls .. I am sure they had live shows a few months ago ?
Tuesday to Thursday Gemporia's live programming stops at 11pm, and recorded shows (repeats of live programming) get shown through to 7am when live programmes start up again.

Friday through Monday there are additional shows from 11pm to 3am. These are mostly presented by Jeff Hayden, though there have been the occasional shows presented by others ad cover for him.

However, there have been times when these additional late shows haven't taken place and the repeats have started up at 11pm. Probably where Jeff has been ill, on leave, or covering a daytime shift, and Gems hasn't been able to get cover for the 11pm to 3am shift.

I miss late night "silent auctions". They were better than poorly edited repeats.

We could do with those during the day too so that we don't have to hear Lynn telling us how Sodalite will remove your bunions, Jess Foley saying 'absolutely' every 3.5 seconds, Lindsey Carr telling us that the capital of Nigeria is 'N', Adina coughing and spluttering throughout her show, and Ellis claiming that a comparable £5 Kimbie Tea Cosy would cost 3.5 billion pounds from Harrods.

Sad to see Gemporia declining after its heady days of 10 years ago and more. Am wearing one of their 9ct gold sphene solitaire rings today which I bought about 4 years ago. Was horrified at how thin the band actually was, for the money, but I loved the gemstone too much to send it back. That was probably an error of judgement.
I agree with VapidStoat - if you love it, that's what matters and sphene has a lovely sparkle, so I don't think you made an error of judgment at all. I bought a small solitaire sphene ring from them set in silver years ago, and I still love it. But that was when they were more generous with the silver and OK, it's not an overly thick silver shank but it's adequate. These days, you need a magnifying glass to even see the shank.

Adina is currently scratching and madly gesticulating every single word as she brays over the gold tone offerings tonight. Comparing an under £20 necklace to a Van Cleef one. Making a huge deal of pointing out that you get a chain even though it says necklace in the description. Has mentioned Chanel etc. Nothing is going to change it seems. I just wish she’d find a dress with sleeves.Apparently cultured pearls are now very rare and expensive lol.She looks like she’s going to explode when the final price comes up.

Adina is currently scratching and madly gesticulating every single word as she brays over the gold tone offerings tonight. Comparing an under £20 necklace to a Van Cleef one. Making a huge deal of pointing out that you get a chain even though it says necklace in the description. Has mentioned Chanel etc. Nothing is going to change it seems. I just wish she’d find a dress with sleeves.Apparently cultured pearls are now very rare and expensive lol.She looks like she’s going to explode when the final price comes up.

how can man made be rare :)

Yes, Van Cleef & Arpels, Harry Winston, all the top jewellers have bypassed platinum and gold for gold tone, haven't they! I don't know how any presenter could keep a straight face when they say this cobblers about comparisons. Has she stopped saying "you're saving more than you're spending" yet? She used to say that every time she was on there, first five minutes you'd get that. I longed to message, saying "in your dreams, love", but I knew it would never make it to the screen. I'm now feeling nostalgic and may need to start re-watching her again....nurse, the pills, quick!

how can man made be rare :)
They're made by one very special man...?

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 20.49.07.png

Jeff doesn't take himself too seriously, unlike the majority of the others, which is a refreshing change. I assume Derek Marks won't be back on there as a stand-in presenter anytime soon. Shame, as I liked his presenting too.
Can't see that happening. They dont seem to draft freelancers in now apart from the occasional appearance from gobby Claire to cover Jeff at weekends if he's ill

Jeff is my favourite presenter. Intelligent, educated... He even knows what's going on "behind the scenes". I like his smile, laugh and real life anecdotes. I understand his speech better than other presenters' words. Does he have American accent? I know that he comes from the United States, but does he try to sound British? What do you think, people?

Jeff is my favourite presenter. Intelligent, educated... He even knows what's going on "behind the scenes". I like his smile, laugh and real life anecdotes. I understand his speech better than other presenters' words. Does he have American accent? I know that he comes from the United States, but does he try to sound British? What do you think, people?
Jeff has a very lovely American accent, good on him not to loose it living in the UK

Alex McKay was difficult to understand. Is his accent Scottish or Irish? He has a Scottish/Irish surname and he's stereotypically red-haired.

Is his accent Scottish or Irish?

He's got a Midlands accent. It's one of the milder British accents.

Trust me, you'd know if he had a Scottish accent. Even I struggle to understand some of the stronger Scottish accents (Dundee, Aberdeen, Glasgow). Edinburgh is quite a bit softer and easier to understand.

Then there's the Liverpool 'scouse' accent. That's a shocker in itself.

He's got a Midlands accent. It's one of the milder British accents.

Trust me, you'd know if he had a Scottish accent. Even I struggle to understand some of the stronger Scottish accents (Dundee, Aberdeen, Glasgow). Edinburgh is quite a bit softer and easier to understand.

Then there's the Liverpool 'scouse' accent. That's a shocker in itself.
Many moons ago once I thought I conquered English, I was serving the sweetest lady from Scotland🙈… I could not understand a single word she was saying🤣…Scottish accent is so sexy and beautiful, but when it’s “thick” it’s hard to understand . Irrespective I managed to serve this wonderful lady ❤️🌹

Liverpool accent is easier to understand than thick Scottish, but I find it very beautiful too🌹

Latest posts

Back