GemsTV Format Change

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So we've lost the last of the genuine falling auctions if I understand these changes correctly? I suppose that means the end of occasional real bargains when items weren't selling. I think I do remember Steve saying that he would keep to that format as long as he could afford to, so I suppose it was just getting too expensive for them.
We could have had a little more warning about the changes because they must have been planning them for some time and it was all sprung on us at the last minute. A shame, but it's up to them how they run their auctions, so all fair enough up until now.
However, to dress up the changes as if they are for our benefit is purely and simply insulting. Along with the quite often useless CS Department, their PR Department must at very best be living in cloud cuckoo land, but more likely to me seems to be they have big fat degrees in 'Economy In The Truth' and 'How To Attempt To Pull The Wool Over Your Customers' Eyes'.
I know I've been encouraging changes, but honesty was my first request, so I know my input has been ignored - what a surprise! :headbang:

I had found the auctions extremely boring, and having had a look now, they do seem to move along faster;but for some reason I still have no desire to watch. I am definitely cured of the Rocks addiction, having begun my recovery last year when they moved on to the TV.

I found them doing a name search for Gems TV.

They seem to use Coloured Rocks Company and The Colourful Company Group Limited so who knows which one they file under!

even more reason for them to have the relevant company number on their website then if there's more than 1. i only looked at coloured rocks ltd as that's what it says at the bottom of the gemstv site. not exactly transparency is it?

i haven't shopped with GemsTV for years & only tried Rocks once, can't say i'll be rushing back to Gems based on the latest feedback...

even more reason for them to have the relevant company number on their website then if there's more than 1. i only looked at coloured rocks ltd as that's what it says at the bottom of the gemstv site. not exactly transparency is it?

i haven't shopped with GemsTV for years & only tried Rocks once, can't say i'll be rushing back to Gems based on the latest feedback...

Exactly!!!! :nod:

But, the game/auction will not end until either all the pieces have been allocated, or an hour after the game began. Although GemsTV may now move onto the next game before all of the pieces have been allocated, you may still actually have a chance to purchase the item at that price, either on the phone or on the web.<br /><br />Gems

After frowning alot and thinking I was missing the point somewhere .. I have been told by CS that once the auction is over the only way to buy the item is by phoning up - so the guidance notes here are clearly wrong

Just checked the website....Gems1....and the auctions still open are now shown below current auction.....
and the times are displayed also. :happy:

Ally defoy is still referring to genuine reverse fAlling auction. A bit naughty. I would say it's fixed price now as they know the lowest price they'll go to - be honest it's all we ask. Why should the rules be different for auction- if everythings above board here should be nothing to fear from fixed price - not done qvc any harm.

It makes me upset that when steve took over gems tv he said, no clocks, genuine falling price auctions, this is what i dreamed about doing 5 years ago when i launched the company. I thought he was going back to gems tv routes. The last hope of falling price auctions on british tv has died after only a few months. I fear for the future, less and less will start to sell, they will move on very quicky, and the channel will end up like sit-up is now, very sad!

Latest posts

Back