gemsTV is the best for Freeview customers. Discuss!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Graham out of curiosity - who is the MD at GemsTV now? I noticed the other day (and I can't find the post) that you mentioned getting an email from a Richard somebody and that you said he was the MD????? I'm pretty sure he's not the MD now.

Sorry if I've misquoted you but I'm desperately trying to find that post and just can't track it down.

Graham out of curiosity - who is the MD at GemsTV now? I noticed the other day (and I can't find the post) that you mentioned getting an email from a Richard somebody and that you said he was the MD????? I'm pretty sure he's not the MD now.

Sorry if I've misquoted you but I'm desperately trying to find that post and just can't track it down.

No the email was from Tony Hillyer the Group Chief Executive, the latest MD is Pam Aujla.

Brain fog! Yes you did say Tony Hillyer - where on earth did I get Richard somebody from then!!!

No the email was from Tony Hillyer the Group Chief Executive, the latest MD is Pam Aujla.

I am also somewhat curious, is there something about any of the names mentioned above that irritates you? If so, what? Maybe I am asking too much of you Graham. I suspect this is a rhetorical question! :mysmilie_17:

I think it is great for a channel to remain fresh, new set, new graphics etc. IMO what Gems are doing is trying to copy every other channel and in turn are losing their own identity. James Russell, well enough said, but GemsTV have some great presenters but I assume managment are forcing them into this new style.

Sack the MD and start again would be my advice to GemsTV.

Yes but I notice tonight on gemsTV with the gorgeous Adina :mysmilie_374: (phew!) that she is sat back in a chair behind a desk like in the old days :mysmilie_81: .

Seems they have to some extent returned to their old ways (ie not running round the studio etc). :( Personally for me I actually liked the presenters walking around etc etc :) but it seems that the management might have seen sense and asked the presenters to sit still as they used to do in the boring old days :(

It just goes to show that people get irritated by different things doesn't it?! :)

BTW the GemsTV music I can cope with ......... but the music during the sale was beyond awful. It was a combination of different tunes (can't remember what now) something like the music to the Bond films and it was yuck yuck yuck!

Disappointed:mysmilie_73: The dreadful "bond" type music is back tonight :( And the gorgeous :mysmilie_374: Adina is sat behind a desk like in the old days :( Noticed I didnt say "good" old days, because I preferred the fresher format of the presenters running around etc ;) rather than being sat on their backsides for the entire session of the program :(

By the way don't get me wrong about gemsTV, I love it, it's just that I preferred the alternative presenting style rather than what they used to do in days gone by. I should also mention I do love their choice of gems / jewels as well as the presenters! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back