Hang on a minute….

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

…since when did a Kim & Co jumpsuit cost £93?! Ridiculous - and I think a shady way of inferring we are saving money on a £77 ‘bargain’
394C8642-A387-43B5-AF39-AABED6D56407.jpeg

I totally do not see the point in buying a jumpsuit that makes you look exactly like you're wearing a pair of trousers and a top. Buy separates and then at least you can go to the toilet without having to strip naked. As for the price, wtf?! £40 at the most and that's being generous. I can't be doing with half mast trousers especially worn with stilettos, it's such an unflattering look.

It's definitely true that the mono-colour outfit is having its moment. Q is ham-fistedly jumping on to the trend bandwagon with what they have at their fingertips... but Q are taking advantage of their greatest fans uncritical view of their offerings and pricing. Not a surprise.
Polyester jumpsuits are now far easier to get from other retailers and the sensible way is to take a look at what's out there and decide if a jumpsuit is a viable choice for you.
Don't just shop at Q because you watch Q on the telly, or you like Kim and her ambassadors... and always ask what's the alternative and is the price comparison to the alternative showing the Q offering as good value... it's easier with well known brands, but even with Q's thinly disguised own brands you can find similar goods elsewhere.

It's definitely true that the mono-colour outfit is having its moment. Q is ham-fistedly jumping on to the trend bandwagon with what they have at their fingertips... but Q are taking advantage of their greatest fans uncritical view of their offerings and pricing. Not a surprise.
Polyester jumpsuits are now far easier to get from other retailers and the sensible way is to take a look at what's out there and decide if a jumpsuit is a viable choice for you.
Don't just shop at Q because you watch Q on the telly, or you like Kim and her ambassadors... and always ask what's the alternative and is the price comparison to the alternative showing the Q offering as good value... it's easier with well known brands, but even with Q's thinly disguised own brands you can find similar goods elsewhere.
You certainly can , but I know that when you hear them talking the talk, it does make you want to have that one, and that one only. I've tried to do the sensible thing and have shopped around for something similar/better/cheaper which has usually made me sit up and think "what are you doing, you don't need this thing, it wasn't remotely on your radar". Trouble is, the thought usually comes back to haunt me at some stage and I usually end up buying it. In my defence I won't pay the asking price so if I don't manage to get it in clearance, or on Ebay I won't buy it. In my defence also, there's not many things in the world of QVC fashion that I feel I must have, it is only occasional. To be fair the few Kim pieces I own are absolute favourites of mine, they're easy to care for, comfortable (but can be a tad sweaty) and wash up nicely, but I'm not interested in being part of the "Kim club" and buying every bliddy thing that crosses the screen. It also helps that I'm still doing a one in out system when it comes to buying clothes. Also Kim's prices have skyrocketed in recent years and I refuse to be ripped off. So my advice is this - If you feel that you must have it, wait for clearance or check Ebay and if you're not lucky then it wasn't meant to be!

That jumpsuit is hideous and I wouldn't wear it if it was free. Who in their right mind is going to fork out £77 for it?? It's a shame because I've still got some of Kim's clothes from 20 years ago or more and I still wear them. The design and quality were much better back then and the prices sensible.

CC

That jumpsuit is hideous and I wouldn't wear it if it was free. Who in their right mind is going to fork out £77 for it?? It's a shame because I've still got some of Kim's clothes from 20 years ago or more and I still wear them. The design and quality were much better back then and the prices sensible.

CC
I've got a lovely Kim crepe dress and a top and skirt from many years ago and they wash well don't fade ,don't need ironing and don't crease but I don't buy anything from QVC now.
As the prices rise the quality drops certainly in "fashion".

I totally do not see the point in buying a jumpsuit that makes you look exactly like you're wearing a pair of trousers and a top. Buy separates and then at least you can go to the toilet without having to strip naked. As for the price, wtf?! £40 at the most and that's being generous. I can't be doing with half mast trousers especially worn with stilettos, it's such an unflattering look.
Imagine using the facilities with a button press (electric thingy) door lock (like on the train from London to Edinburgh) wearing that, when the door malfunctions. My friend said she was terribly embarrassed to come out again.

So true MML having a pee while trying to keep the garment and your knickers from a public toilet floor is the stuff of acrobatics ! I also don't see jumpsuits in many of the catalogues, so perhaps they've had their day ??? Saying that I bought a couple of them last year from Carole Hochman and they're really comfy without being sweaty.

I've got a lovely Kim crepe dress and a top and skirt from many years ago and they wash well don't fade ,don't need ironing and don't crease but I don't buy anything from QVC now.
As the prices rise the quality drops certainly in "fashion".

Back in the day I did buy a Kim dress - it was a heavy crepe with a layered frill (or two) in the skirt, and was really 'twirly' when worn, so I got a lot of compliments. Sadly her 'creativity' is lacking in recent years so her stuff is just basic and boring - despite what her no.1 fan Jenny Blackhurst says.

So true MML having a pee while trying to keep the garment and your knickers from a public toilet floor is the stuff of acrobatics ! I also don't see jumpsuits in many of the catalogues, so perhaps they've had their day ??? Saying that I bought a couple of them last year from Carole Hochman and they're really comfy without being sweaty.

Back in the day I did buy a Kim dress - it was a heavy crepe with a layered frill (or two) in the skirt, and was really 'twirly' when worn, so I got a lot of compliments. Sadly her 'creativity' is lacking in recent years so her stuff is just basic and boring - despite what her no.1 fan Jenny Blackhurst says.
I've got a lovely tiered Kim dress that I've had for years, black with colourful flowers on, and I get compliments every time I wear it. I think maybe after all these years Kim's just got bored with it and is churning out all the samey things everyone else is. She made her name for her creativity and different styles but it's maybe time to call it a day - or reinvent herself back to the things that made her famous (on Q).

CC

Latest posts

Back