How long for delivery?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OH and I were saying last night there's not much we definitely want to get from QVC prior to Christmas (bit of Eeek to irritate my sister with, obligatory Liz Earle or similar for Gran, and four Slankets :giggle:.) But what we do want we'll get on with ordering ASAP, because by the time we factor in three days from order placing to dispatch, at least five days after that for it to actually get here, then another week to get the pre-paid label to send it back due to a fault (been on the phone to them with one of those this morning), then the yawning chasm of time they take to notice it's actually back in front of their noses, then the whole process to start again with the replacement...:yawn: :sleepy: To quote someone with far more comic talent than myself, by the time all that's sorted my hair will have gone out of fashion (Cavegirl, 2010)

I always laugh when they suggest we get them to send gifts direct to the recipient, and just send us the invoice. No chance! I need to act as their missing quality control department before I can with confidence send on a Poxytane Almond Oil to my MIL without fear of offending her for all eternity with the gift of a smashed package leaking all over her best Axminster...

I'm still waiting for a ring I ordered on the 19th, if it doesn't come with the post tomorrow I shall be on the phone. That's more than the 5-7 working days forever quoted.

Well to be fair to Hermes, they are not the only bad courier, I have also been having problems with HDNL, here is their tracking of my parcel ordered from Amazon

Date Time Location Event Details
26 Oct 2010 10:27:56 PM Leamington Depot UK Delivered
26 Oct 2010 12:10:57 PM Leamington Van UK Out for delivery
25 Oct 2010 09:42:11 PM Leamington Depot UK Arrival Scan
25 Oct 2010 11:15:59 AM Droitwich UK Arrival Scan
23 Oct 2010 01:32:57 PM Swindon Depot UK Departure Scan
23 Oct 2010 01:15:46 PM Swindon Depot UK ---
23 Oct 2010 06:13:09 AM Swindon Depot UK Arrival Scan
22 Oct 2010 07:34:28 PM Droitwich UK Arrival Scan
22 Oct 2010 10:52:01 AM Leamington Depot UK Departure Scan
22 Oct 2010 10:51:38 AM Leamington Depot UK Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at
incorrect carrier facility
22 Oct 2010 10:47:04 AM Leamington Depot UK ---
22 Oct 2010 05:17:30 AM Leamington Depot UK Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at
22 Oct 2010 04:01:24 AM Leamington Depot UK Arrival Scan
21 Oct 2010 09:49:16 PM Droitwich UK Arrival Scan
21 Oct 2010 01:17:26 PM Swindon Depot UK Departure Scan
21 Oct 2010 10:03:28 AM Swindon Depot UK ---
21 Oct 2010 05:03:35 AM Swindon Depot UK Arrival Scan
20 Oct 2010 04:53:03 PM Droitwich2 UK Arrival Scan
19 Oct 2010 12:00:00 AM Web Customer UK Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

and it still hasn't been delivered! I have told Amazon to start again!

and then to cap it all yesterday I was phoned by a delivery driver from DHL, to say that he didn't have time to deliver my parcel, but if i met him in a COOP car park he would hand it over, between deliveries to other people, when I got there he shamefacedly admitted that the real reason was that he couldn't find my house!
The only deliveries I can rely on are royal mail, but then I now other people have had problems with them.

Seeing as time s are hard you would think that these companies would be pulling out all the stops to ensure that their customers don't go elsewhere, obviously not!:devil:

I ordered a fleece on Tuesday evening and it arrived, by courier, this morning. I'm still in shock. :wink:

my RN TSV arrived two days after ordering it, yet my AY eek ring has taken over 5 working days and i'm still waiting. don't understand it and the price is shocking given the rubbish service. It would have been cheaper to have both guaranteed delivery for the next morning by royal mail

Well to be fair to Hermes, they are not the only bad courier, I have also been having problems with HDNL, here is their tracking of my parcel ordered from Amazon

26 Oct 2010 10:27:56 PM Leamington Depot UK Delivered
26 Oct 2010 12:10:57 PM Leamington Van UK Out for delivery
25 Oct 2010 09:42:11 PM Leamington Depot UK Arrival Scan
25 Oct 2010 11:15:59 AM Droitwich UK Arrival Scan
23 Oct 2010 01:32:57 PM Swindon Depot UK Departure Scan
23 Oct 2010 01:15:46 PM Swindon Depot UK ---
23 Oct 2010 06:13:09 AM Swindon Depot UK Arrival Scan
22 Oct 2010 07:34:28 PM Droitwich UK Arrival Scan
22 Oct 2010 10:52:01 AM Leamington Depot UK Departure Scan
22 Oct 2010 10:51:38 AM Leamington Depot UK Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at
22 Oct 2010 10:47:04 AM Leamington Depot UK ---
22 Oct 2010 05:17:30 AM Leamington Depot UK Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at
22 Oct 2010 04:01:24 AM Leamington Depot UK Arrival Scan
21 Oct 2010 09:49:16 PM Droitwich UK Arrival Scan
21 Oct 2010 01:17:26 PM Swindon Depot UK Departure Scan
21 Oct 2010 10:03:28 AM Swindon Depot UK ---
21 Oct 2010 05:03:35 AM Swindon Depot UK Arrival Scan
20 Oct 2010 04:53:03 PM Droitwich2 UK Arrival Scan
19 Oct 2010 12:00:00 AM Web Customer UK Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

and it still hasn't been delivered! I have told Amazon to start again!

and then to cap it all yesterday I was phoned by a delivery driver from DHL, to say that he didn't have time to deliver my parcel, but if i met him in a COOP car park he would hand it over, between deliveries to other people, when I got there he shamefacedly admitted that the real reason was that he couldn't find my house!
The only deliveries I can rely on are royal mail, but then I now other people have had problems with them.

Seeing as time s are hard you would think that these companies would be pulling out all the stops to ensure that their customers don't go elsewhere, obviously not!:devil:

Would you believe the replacement package has this tracking info, I am tearing my hair out with frustration, does anyone have any ideas what to do?

29/10/2010 18:51:00 DROITWICH2 The parcel has been sorted at our hub
30/10/2010 00:15:00 SWINDON DEPOT The parcel has been received into depot
30/10/2010 07:22:00 SWINDON DEPOT The parcel is at the incorrect Depot (for delivery)

Aaaaaargh!

Would you believe the replacement package has this tracking info, I am tearing my hair out with frustration, does anyone have any ideas what to do?

30/10/2010 07:22:00 SWINDON DEPOT The parcel is at the incorrect Depot (for delivery)

Aaaaaargh!

Hi Fluffwump
This is very odd
Have you ordered from Amazon before as there may be a problem with their records / your postcode.

Re not finding your house, occasionally we have had problems with that with our carriers and it can be due to apartment buildings or even lack of numbering etc..
With some odd exceptions though I have to say that the services we use are usually very good; we have had to track around the country on occasion though.

Can you phone DHL to put them right?

I am going to be requesting a refund of p&p when my stamps finally arrive (if they arrive - they are apparently coming via Royal Fail) as they STILL haven't arrived.

Goodness only knows how long it's going to be until my OPI arrives as well. Not too bothered about that as it was only ordered on Thursday, but it's bliddy annoying when people are already leaving reviews, you ordered yours at practically the dot of midnight and still don't have it to play with. C'est la vie though. At least I have the OPI I ordered from Ebay the same day sitting waiting for me at home, so can play with that this evening.

I have a funny feeling my orders go to the bottom of the pile with the warehouse staff as I kicked up such an unholy fuss over the Pilates machine fiasco. Sorry warehouse peeps, but I was well within my rights to do so.

OH and I were saying last night there's not much we definitely want to get from QVC prior to Christmas (bit of Eeek to irritate my sister with, obligatory Liz Earle or similar for Gran, and four Slankets :giggle:.) But what we do want we'll get on with ordering ASAP, because by the time we factor in three days from order placing to dispatch, at least five days after that for it to actually get here, then another week to get the pre-paid label to send it back due to a fault (been on the phone to them with one of those this morning), then the yawning chasm of time they take to notice it's actually back in front of their noses, then the whole process to start again with the replacement...:yawn: :sleepy: To quote someone with far more comic talent than myself, by the time all that's sorted my hair will have gone out of fashion (Cavegirl, 2010)

I always laugh when they suggest we get them to send gifts direct to the recipient, and just send us the invoice. No chance! I need to act as their missing quality control department before I can with confidence send on a Poxytane Almond Oil to my MIL without fear of offending her for all eternity with the gift of a smashed package leaking all over her best Axminster...

Oh how true, how very very very very very true:thinking:
sorry that font got a bit bigger then I bargained for lol

also no idea what the abve quote is about, or how I did that, sorry

Last edited:
Hi Fluffwump
This is very odd
Have you ordered from Amazon before as there may be a problem with their records / your postcode.

Re not finding your house, occasionally we have had problems with that with our carriers and it can be due to apartment buildings or even lack of numbering etc..
With some odd exceptions though I have to say that the services we use are usually very good; we have had to track around the country on occasion though.

Can you phone DHL to put them right?

Yes I phoned Amazon and got them to check the postcode which was fine, unfortunately we don't have a house number as our house is a little remote, however it does have a postcode all to itself, so there's really no excuse, as I told Amazon if you put our postcode into Google earth you can even see an aerial shot of our house and no other!
It was HDNL, yes I have phoned them only to be assured that all has been sorted and that I will get my delivery the next day, but still no joy, I have now been promised Monday, but I am willing to bet that it still won't arrive, I have now written to HDNL enclosing the tracking lists to see if that gets handled any more effectively than my phone calls ..... we shall see!

Aaaaaargh!

Well I've decided to keep you all updated, for my second (replacement parcel) here is the updated tracking .... I was faithfully promised delivery today

1 Nov 2010 04:20:37 AM Droitwich UK Arrival Scan
30 Oct 2010 01:05:07 PM Swindon Depot UK Departure Scan
30 Oct 2010 11:24:48 AM Swindon Depot UK ---
30 Oct 2010 10:31:46 AM Swindon Depot UK Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
30 Oct 2010 07:22:38 AM Swindon Depot UK Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
30 Oct 2010 12:15:12 AM Swindon Depot UK Arrival Scan
29 Oct 2010 06:51:34 PM Droitwich2 UK Arrival Scan
29 Oct 2010 12:00:00 AM Web Customer UK Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Amazon comment.... let us know if you haven't received it by 8th November!

apparently the parcel should be on its way back to Swindon.... anyone notice a pattern?
i have written snail mail to HDNL, lets see if they bother to reply.

Does anyone know of anyone other than Amazon where I can get reduced priced books?

Latest posts

Back