How QVC is your face today?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
Is anybody else a bit like me? :D

Laura Geller has been on QVC the last couple of days so suddenly I'm reaching for all my LG products in the mornings!

The Venus Lippie, Bronze Eye Rimz and the gorgeous Teal Baked Moon are products I use all the time anyway - but LG's eye base is not my first choice most days and much as I love Ethereal Rose I don't use it on a regular basis - but I find I do reach for them when LG's been on. I've just done a wash of Amethyst on my eyes today - I needed the brightening up!

The Postman has already paid me a compliment. (Well a backhander anyway!) He said he thought I was "letting myself go" last week (I was poorly-sick- and looked like it!) but that I look like I've got a grip again today! Bless him! :mysmilie_61:

Thinking about it, I'm the same when Smashbox have been on. I go through a Smashbox rediscovery phase using everything "Smashbox" that I've got for a few days - possibly because unless it's very new and exciting I've usually already got what they've been showing on air.

Please tell me I'm not alone and not that in fact I have turned into Jill Franks and all I have to think about it which bracelet and lipgloss to wear today with which handbag! :eek: :D

I bought a LG balance bronze thing when she first released her baked goods.It was horrible - I'm not that fair and it made me orange!!! Put me off LG for life!

I was nearly tempted -ok really wanted her last tsv -and still stayed away from it - and even when I see it listed now I still want it! Bit the bullet and bought her baked beginings collection.Hoping I'll love it and can buy her next tsv :)

Good on you for using all your stuff though :)

I bought a LG balance bronze thing when she first released her baked goods.It was horrible - I'm not that fair and it made me orange!!! Put me off LG for life!

I was nearly tempted -ok really wanted her last tsv -and still stayed away from it - and even when I see it listed now I still want it! Bit the bullet and bought her baked beginings collection.Hoping I'll love it and can buy her next tsv :)

I have done the same too rainbow - saw LG products on tv and thought that looks good but when i got it home it made my face look 'dirty'. Think I have tried a couple of tsv's and both times sent them back.

Smashbox is a different story - and yes each time they are on - I spend the next couple of days with more make-up on than Jordan LOL trying out all the things I have learned. Thing is now I mainly buy from Jayne now not QVC.:mysmilie_12:

Is anybody else a bit like me? :D

Laura Geller has been on QVC the last couple of days so suddenly I'm reaching for all my LG products in the mornings!

The Venus Lippie, Bronze Eye Rimz and the gorgeous Teal Baked Moon are products I use all the time anyway - but LG's eye base is not my first choice most days and much as I love Ethereal Rose I don't use it on a regular basis - but I find I do reach for them when LG's been on. I've just done a wash of Amethyst on my eyes today - I needed the brightening up!

The Postman has already paid me a compliment. (Well a backhander anyway!) He said he thought I was "letting myself go" last week (I was poorly-sick- and looked like it!) but that I look like I've got a grip again today! Bless him! :mysmilie_61:

Thinking about it, I'm the same when Smashbox have been on. I go through a Smashbox rediscovery phase using everything "Smashbox" that I've got for a few days - possibly because unless it's very new and exciting I've usually already got what they've been showing on air.

Please tell me I'm not alone and not that in fact I have turned into Jill Franks and all I have to think about it which bracelet and lipgloss to wear today with which handbag! :eek: :D

think your postman is a cheeky beggar!!

You're not alone! Whenever I watch a skincare show i get all enthusiastic and do scrubs and masks etc. Then a few days later it's back to normal with a quick slick of moisturiser if I'm lucky!! Same with make up - I watch LG and I'm all eyeliner and shaping then ts back to mascara and lippy until the next beauty show.

Good job I don't watch the housework shows!!!!!

lol im the same my husband even commented on sunday whenever smashbox is on you start doing your make up, que LG and im reaching for that!!
today ive b&b and got gold spell eye rimz on!

This only really applies to me when Leighton Denny or OPI are on. I usually sit and watch whilst doing my nails.

My face is made up of other brands today:-

Primer : Mac Prep and Prime - got it in a swap. Much prefer Smashbox.
Foundation : LG Balance and Brighten - yay!
Eye Primer : Benefit Lemon Aid - a QVC product yes but not bought from them.
Blusher : Jemma Kidd - another swap with the lovely Therese (REDT) - this is multi purpose and used as lip stain as well.
Mascara : Clinique Lash Power

I don't get on with Balance and Bronze either - but then I've never found a Bronzer I could get on with. (Not even my beloved Bobbi Brown.) My friend - who is almost as pale as me - uses it as a contour and eyeshadow but she'd look like she was preparing for night manouevres with the SAS if she smooshed it on all over her face!

I hope you get on with Baked Beginnings hon - it has Berry Blush and Brighten in it and I'm wearing that today! I've had mine yuuuuurrrrrrs! :D I'm not sure that I've ever finished a LG baked product! They are amazing value in that respect.

I have done the same too rainbow - saw LG products on tv and thought that looks good but when i got it home it made my face look 'dirty'. Think I have tried a couple of tsv's and both times sent them back.

Smashbox is a different story - and yes each time they are on - I spend the next couple of days with more make-up on than Jordan LOL trying out all the things I have learned. Thing is now I mainly buy from Jayne now not QVC.:mysmilie_12:

Nobody wears more make up than Jordan! :mysmilie_701: :mysmilie_701: :mysmilie_701:

I love my Smashbox too! I picked up that Pro eye palette on The Bay and have been using it a lot. It saves me time in the mornings that I usually waste looking for different eyeshadows and unscrewing and replacing lids etc. The colours are all quite muted tones and they blend beautifully so they're really wearable. The novelty will just start to wear off and Smashbox will be on again and I'll fall in love with my stash all over again!:D

think your postman is a cheeky beggar!!

He is isn't he?! The so and so. As you can imagine I see a lot of him though so we're quite good buddies (I'm even invited to his wedding!) Besides he can take it as well as dish it out so we have quite a good banter going.

My face did do this :mysmilie_701: when he said that though! :mysmilie_17:

You're not alone! Whenever I watch a skincare show i get all enthusiastic and do scrubs and masks etc. Then a few days later it's back to normal with a quick slick of moisturiser if I'm lucky!! Same with make up - I watch LG and I'm all eyeliner and shaping then ts back to mascara and lippy until the next beauty show.

:mysmilie_348: Ooh I do that too! I settle down for a nice relaxing hour of being shrieked at by She Who Must Be Obeyed and when they show what's going to be on I run up and down stairs fetching things so that I can join in!

Especially if AY says her line about products doing you any good sat on the shelf. I run and fetch armfuls and slap it all on! :mysmilie_17:

I am strangely impervious to the housework type shows! :D

lol im the same my husband even commented on sunday whenever smashbox is on you start doing your make up, que LG and im reaching for that!!
today ive b&b and got gold spell eye rimz on!

Eye Rimz are fab aren't they? So easy - but so pretty, and with so much impact. If I wasn't being good I'd have bought them all by now! I fancy the purple Baked Moon as well.

I'm so glad it's not just me! :mysmilie_17:

This only really applies to me when Leighton Denny or OPI are on. I usually sit and watch whilst doing my nails.

My face is made up of other brands today:-

Primer : Mac Prep and Prime - got it in a swap. Much prefer Smashbox.
Foundation : LG Balance and Brighten - yay!
Eye Primer : Benefit Lemon Aid - a QVC product yes but not bought from them.
Blusher : Jemma Kidd - another swap with the lovely Therese (REDT) - this is multi purpose and used as lip stain as well.
Mascara : Clinique Lash Power

So not a very QVC face today then? :D I have days like that as well.

Today I've got Daniel Sandler on as a base - but I didn't buy it from QVC - and some YBF yellow neutralising cream and Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner but otherwise I'm all Laura Geller. (Tinted Spackle, Mascara, Amethyst / Lagoon eyeshadow, Berry Blush & Brighten and Venus lippie.)

I'm exactly the same. I can be quite happy with my Decleor but if an Elemis show comes on suddenly I'm hunting through my extensive stock pile for Elemis cleansers and toners. This is particularly true whe it comes to make up shows (with skincare I try to stick with something for at least a month or two, but make up you can change every day). I was very happy with my Smashbox but I watched the BE shows the other week and thought how much I'd missed my BE products and ,what do you know, suddenly I'm 'all about' BE again! After watching LG Sunday and yesterday, I'm now suddenly all about LG and found myself buying her spackle and more baked blushes (even though I know I prefer my HUGE range of BE blushes and have 2 barely used LG blushes in my make up bag...). In fact today I'm wearing LG tinted spackle, Sue Devitt blush, LG eye rimz and LG lip shiner.

Well, I've SBC collagen on, followed by LE Superskin, followed by LG spackle, followed by LG Balance 'n'Brighten, with some LG blusher (can't quite remember the name) on top. Plus by Lizzie Arden eyebrow stuff, Bourjois mascara and Prescriptives lippy. A right mishmash!

I don't have a makeup stash but I wear it every day, even just to do the housework as I feel better when I look better.
My moisturiser is Aveeno at the moment.
I use Smashbox primer and Clinique Superfit foundation. The clinique foundation is the only one I have tried that doesn't melt or clog in the heat.
I use MP eyebrow pencil, L'Oreal Shocking mascara and everything else, eyeshadows, eyeliner, blusher,highlighter and lipgloss, is Malley.
I rarely watch the beauty shows because of AY. I'm sure if I did, I'd be trying different products all the time as I love playing with makeup.
I'm looking for a good eye primer if anyone has any suggestions? I've used up the Malley one that came with the shadows, I don't understand why we don't get twice the amount of primer in eye palettes. I'm using the dregs of a LG one but it's chalky and I don't like it.....

You are not alone!! I have phases depending on what beauty show has been on. I recently got back into Smashbox cos they were on qvc, and bought some halo off ebay too. When bobbi brown is on, I get all my collection of her stuff out and start wearing that!

When Leighton Denny was on at the weekend, I chose to put some of his "Made to measure" nail varnish back on before he came on air, so that I wouldn't be tempted to buy anymore! If I'm not careful I find myself buying sets which have duplicates in of what I've already got, just cos I like just one of the nail varnishes in the set!

I have enjoyed watching stacey and ybf and shall miss her. I didn't watch qvc when she did models prefer so I have nothing to compare it to, but I actually do like her products, especially her foundation and lipglosses.

Lovely Doggie

Is that your doggie. He/She is gorgeous. I have a Border Collie. I had to have one of my cats put to sleep recently so I am feeling down in the dumps at the moment.

I don't have a makeup stash but I wear it every day, even just to do the housework as I feel better when I look better.
My moisturiser is Aveeno at the moment.
I use Smashbox primer and Clinique Superfit foundation. The clinique foundation is the only one I have tried that doesn't melt or clog in the heat.
I use MP eyebrow pencil, L'Oreal Shocking mascara and everything else, eyeshadows, eyeliner, blusher,highlighter and lipgloss, is Malley.
I rarely watch the beauty shows because of AY. I'm sure if I did, I'd be trying different products all the time as I love playing with makeup.
I'm looking for a good eye primer if anyone has any suggestions? I've used up the Malley one that came with the shadows, I don't understand why we don't get twice the amount of primer in eye palettes. I'm using the dregs of a LG one but it's chalky and I don't like it.....

I find the LG eye spackle to light for me so I use the lip spackle on my eyes and mouth. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this but I do.......

Latest posts

Back