How QVC is your face today?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

well I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons and say I dont wear make up in the week unless its for something special or at work
today I used c and p...from qvc
and moisturised with clinique dramatically different gel,I use a bit of Liz Earle moisturiser when my skin is dry and I love the smoothing line serum aswell
think I must be the exception to the rule on here as most people seem to wear make up??(not that I disapprove so please dont misunderstand me)
I like to wear pefume every day and have several faves

You probably don't need it!!!!
I don't wear make-up if I am at home all day and I don't re-apply during the day either. Not unless I feel that I really have to......

:mysmilie_348: I've really enjoyed reading about what people are "mostly" wearing. :mysmilie_17: Because I'm such a sad beauty addict I know what most of the colours mentioned look like - so I can visualise all your beautifully made up faces! :mysmilie_17:

My face comes off as soon as I step through the front door Queenie. I am fully made up and suited and booted for work (It's part of my "armour" I think - along with power mesh bras and super strength lycra magic knickers!) but as soon as I get home it's all freshly scrubbed face and comfy 'lasticated trousers! Perfume is a special occasion / in the mood thing for me rather than a daily habit. (Isn't it lovely that we're all different?! :D)

I am loving the amount of A'kin mentions I've been reading. Surely it must be time for a TSV any day now!

My make up typically takes me about 25 minutes on a normal work day, less for weekends and working at home days

Today I have been working from home and wearing the following for the benefit of the postman and the cat :D :

Dermalogica Sheer tint redness relief. (I'm trying to wean myself off this but it's a lot of products in one: my day cream, sunscreen and green tint to tone down my redness.)

Daniel Sandler Mineral Sheer Tint. (applied with wedges from huge pack bought in 99p shop!)

Laura Geller Eye spackle. (MUST be on a LG kick still cos this one is not my fave - I worry about how hard it is to blend giving me wrinkles!)

Laura Geller Eye Rimz in Bewitching Bronze used wet as a liner (applied with a BE brush!)

Lancome Definicils mascara that I'm trying to use up and get shot of cos Lancome test on animals.

Smashbox O Glow and O Gloss.

Bobbi Brown eyeshadow used as brow colour (applied with the trusty Smashbox number 12 brow brush that I've had since forEVER!) with Palladio clear brow gel.

I took all that off with A'kin Rose and Geranium Cleanser and my TreSonic and spritzed on some Cellular Brightening Facial Mist and pressed on some Cellular Radiance Serum with again my TreSonic.

So I'm still pretty much on my LG kick and having quite a QVC day! (I was even wearing a Kim Parrish top today as well!)

I've laid out clothes and makeup for tomorrow though cos I've got an early start, and it's going to be Smashbox agogo tomorrow. I find that rummaging for colours and opening and closing things eats up so much time so I'm going with the Pro Palettes for eyes and cheeks just to save time.

I had to fetch the eye palette from my daughter's room though cos she loves the blue that's in it. That'll teach me to test things out on her when they arrive! :mysmilie_34:

PS V jealous of the BB Chocolate Shimmer Clare. I've been successfully talking myself out of that one for AGES now cos I've got Espresso Ink and Bronze Shimmer so I really don't need another brown one (except somehow I do!)

Take the non-QVC challenge

Decided this morning that I'm going to take the non-QVC brand challenge with my skin care and makeup. Sure I have plenty of stuff to use up.

REN skin wash
Clinique SPF25 superdefense moisturiser (sample free with purchase) - can use on eyes as well (to be honest sure it really makes no difference - whatever they say skin is skin and as long as it's not too heavy it will be fine)
Barefaced beauty mineral foundation (quite like look of this but more of a faff than using halo)
Clinique blush and mascara
Bourjois lip gloss; Rimmel eye liner pencil; Superdrug eyeshadow palette; Botanics eye brow pencil (shock horror high st products!)

Anyone else want to give it a go?

Update on QVC-free day.

Failed at first hurdle. Got in shower and realised didn't have any non-QVC brands to wash my body with. Had to resort to L'occitane verbena soap...

Me to... I just cant help it. I have to say I have learnt alot from watching QVC
with regards to applying makeup and skin treatments. For me probably the best thing
about the channel and the 30 mbg!
I have also learnt about what not too do when dear Laura starts layering makeup
in her demo enthusiasm. It helps me to keep a light hand with the slap!
I also have a glamorous colleague at work in her fifties who bless is still living in the eighties. She is quite deft with the application of her makeup but so so heavy with the shiny eye slap and thick layers of mascara. Sparkly eye makeup does no favours for the over fifties!! I have learnt so much from her to! ; )
I do try to do my best to achieve the no makeup look that makes me look polished and healthy even if I dont feel it! : )

Got to play with my new LG toy today, i baught the lash varnish stuff on sunday
Did anyone else go for this?the presentation was really crap as the thunda/funda?model put it on and it stuck all her lashes together so it looked like she had all but 2 of them!
Its a bit weird, if your not carefull makes the lashes all clump!gives a nice effect though when done right

Got to play with my new LG toy today, i baught the lash varnish stuff on sunday
Did anyone else go for this?the presentation was really crap as the thunda/funda?model put it on and it stuck all her lashes together so it looked like she had all but 2 of them!
Its a bit weird, if your not carefull makes the lashes all clump!gives a nice effect though when done right

I bought it, too, OTR, but haven't received/tried it yet. It's good to know you like it. tnx xx

Decided this morning that I'm going to take the non-QVC brand challenge with my skin care and makeup. Sure I have plenty of stuff to use up.

REN skin wash
Clinique SPF25 superdefense moisturiser (sample free with purchase) - can use on eyes as well (to be honest sure it really makes no difference - whatever they say skin is skin and as long as it's not too heavy it will be fine)
Barefaced beauty mineral foundation (quite like look of this but more of a faff than using halo)
Clinique blush and mascara
Bourjois lip gloss; Rimmel eye liner pencil; Superdrug eyeshadow palette; Botanics eye brow pencil (shock horror high st products!)

Anyone else want to give it a go?

:mysmilie_348:I can have a go tomorrow chick.

But for today it's too late.

Quick list for today:

A'kin skincare + Dermalogica Sheer Tint Redness Relief

Hairfix haircare + Philip Kingsley Maximiser

Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser

Mally Concealer

Smashbox Pro Palettes for eyes and cheeks,

Lancome Definicils Mascara

Bobbi Brown Lip pencil in Mauve and a couple of BB lip palette colours mixed together. Tulle and something...:eek:

There we go - armed and dangerous and pretty much QVC'd up to the hilt!

I've got Brenda Christian powder, My BB lip palette and Touche Eclat in my bag for touche ups - but I'm not very good at actually doing them! :mysmilie_17:

My LG goodies arrived today - Decadent Delights Peach collection. Was a bit worried that the Blush n Brighten in Apricot Berry would be similar to Sunswept but they're not. AB is more plummy whilst Sunswept is more bronzey. Am loving the Praline eyeshadow which is not at all shimmery - don't like them too shimmery and the lipgloss is nice too although it will take some getting used to as I don't tend to wear darker colours too much.

So apart from my Benefit Lemon Aid my whole face is QVCed. I even showered using Elemis Lime and Ginger body wash. AY would be proud! x

My LG Decadent Delights Peach collection also arrived, as did my mattifying powder and also the foundation I ordered from eBay. I've tried them all out, and am very very pleased with them! I love the eyeshadow but it is a softer colour than I had thought it would be. Will definitely purchase some more LG items, don't know what took me so long!

loving this thread i too am wearing qvc brands but not actually bought from qvc lol today i have on my LE superskin moisturiser followed by my BE foundation then some smashbox o-glow with a LG cherry ice lip shiner love my make up :)

ooh where do i start

tinted olay moisturiser over gatineau day creme (soo little left but wont re purchase too expensivoo)
laura geller balance and brighten fair over top of that with blush and brighten in golden apricot then the hightlighter como poto fino over that all over face.
(im getting old and dull looking and its more a case of lightening my face up than making it up now)
secret trick of a eye dentity double ended white and pink pencil from modesl prefer which i got from ebay ( i stock up on them) used over eye lids and eye brow under area to combat grey ness, also use it slightly over top oftop lip to life and under bottom lip it makes a huge difference.
black liquid eyeliner a cheap one from superdrug 2true i think best ive found
laura geller eyeliner pencil on bottom lid
no 7 mascara loads of it
laura geller pink party lip gloss
ybf highligher pencils around eyes and in corners of eyes
all in all too much shine but it makes me feel better :mysmilie_12:

Loving all the tips! :mysmilie_1836:

I took the QVC Free Challenge today! :mysmilie_17:

I finished off the last of my Mir skincare starter set (which lasted a really long time used a few times a week. I'd definitely buy the Argan Oil and the cleansers again even though they contain parabens which Itry to avoid)

But I digress... (Don't I always?! :eek::D

Dermalogica Sheer Tint Redness Relief

Christopher Drummond mineral makeup (Thanks Watersiren!)

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Bobbi Brown Bone

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Corrupt

Urban Decay Skyscraper Mascara

Palladio Brow gel

Plus the last of my Fekkai haircar and some Joe Malone smellies.

WooHooo! QVC free - except for all the talking about it of course! :mysmilie_17:

My skincare is QVC (Decleor neroli oil and PCMC)
But my make up is not!
Givenchy acti'mine primer which I adore, benefit erase paste under the eyes and SB halo (from JBD). SB tokido cream blush (again from JBD), lancome dark grey eye pencil, burt bees coloured lipcare and MF mascara

My face was QVCed today - was wearing my new LG (well come on it's new!) however have now washed it all off and most items not from QVC:0

Eye make up remover - Crabtree and Evelyn (TKMaxx)
Cleanser : Elemis Pro Radiance (TSV)
Toner - LE Instant Boost Skin Tonic - bought directly from LE although I have a TSV item of this in my stash
Oil - Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang oil - bought in Tenerife last May
Moisturiser - Boots Time Delay Day Cream

Am just painting my nails though with OPI A Ruby For Rudolph which I got in a previous Christmas OPI TSV. x

Elemis PCMC from TSV
Bisque concealer BE
Halo Smashbox
Blush and brighten berry LG
Fran Wilson lippy
Mascara and gloss from Smashbox try me
Philip Kinglsy shampoo and conditioner
Baby Grace perfume Philosophy
Just taken it all off with Radiance cleanser from last TSV.
I haven't always farted.

Loving all the tips! :mysmilie_1836:

I took the QVC Free Challenge today! :mysmilie_17:

I finished off the last of my Mir skincare starter set (which lasted a really long time used a few times a week. I'd definitely buy the Argan Oil and the cleansers again even though they contain parabens which Itry to avoid)

But I digress... (Don't I always?! :eek::D

Dermalogica Sheer Tint Redness Relief

Christopher Drummond mineral makeup (Thanks Watersiren!)

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Bobbi Brown Bone

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Corrupt

Urban Decay Skyscraper Mascara

Palladio Brow gel

Plus the last of my Fekkai haircar and some Joe Malone smellies.

WooHooo! QVC free - except for all the talking about it of course! :mysmilie_17:

I think you might find Bobbi Brown is a QVC brand... Talking of Bobbi Brown on QVC - they should stock more of their skincare (a TSV with some of that in woudl definitely tempt me). I;ve been using the intensive skin supplement for the last few weeks (excetp on my QVC-free day last week) and it is excellent. I tried it as a replacement for Prescriptives super line preventor - and in my opinion it is a better product.

I think you might find Bobbi Brown is a QVC brand... Talking of Bobbi Brown on QVC - they should stock more of their skincare (a TSV with some of that in woudl definitely tempt me). I;ve been using the intensive skin supplement for the last few weeks (excetp on my QVC-free day last week) and it is excellent. I tried it as a replacement for Prescriptives super line preventor - and in my opinion it is a better product.

Me too. I've recently been sent a sample sachet of her Eye Balm and it is lovely. The sachet has lasted ages as well. x

Doh! :mysmilie_81:

But I didn't buy any of that from QVC so I didn't think of it as QVC!

Doh again! :mysmilie_81:
:mysmilie_17:

Oh my flippin' god! A TSV from Bobbi Brown would just about push me over the edge I reckon. :mysmilie_1828: Loveheart would despair of me when I bought 6 of 'em! Especially if there was skincare. I've never really tried any except for little bits they've put in with my orders from the BB website. I've liked everything I've tried though. The newest BB eye cream is lovely.

I am totally Mally'ed today in honour of tonights TSV. :mysmilie_1828:

I've got a really early start in the morning (4am wake up call) so I should have an early night... Bet I don't though! Hmmmm! :eek: :D

Ok so today I'm wearing

Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser

Mally Concealer

Mally SSG

Mally 24/7 eyelining system in Plum over a wash of Mally Silver Dollar eyeshadow

Mally Lipliner in Light and Lip Gloss in Love is Pink

Lancome Definicils mascara

Latest posts

Back