I felt concerned about Glen today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meesh

Registered Shopper
I hadn't seen him for a while.
Whilst he was presenting he seemed almost confused, his style was a bit vague and he was giggling at strange intervals.
He muddled up all the colour combinations on the rack and didn't seem really 'present'.
Did anyone else notice? It did put me in mind of a couple of relatives I know with early onset dementia.
Hope I'm wrong anyway.

I hadn't seen him for a while.
Whilst he was presenting he seemed almost confused, his style was a bit vague and he was giggling at strange intervals.
He muddled up all the colour combinations on the rack and didn't seem really 'present'.
Did anyone else notice? It did put me in mind of a couple of relatives I know with early onset dementia.
Hope I'm wrong anyway.
I was taken aback too. Yes, the colours really seemed to flummox him...but I thought perhaps he was just tired.

I never like his style of presenting its like he is trying to hurry you up into buying with his market stall patter and sense of urgency. The same stock phrases for every single item no matter what it is

I never like his style of presenting its like he is trying to hurry you up into buying with his market stall patter and sense of urgency. The same stock phrases for every single item no matter what it is
Yes he does have a repetitive style but yesterday I noticed something different about him. He wasn't himself.

I think the point of having him on QVC is to pad out what the sales people are saying. Maybe he's doing it deliberately to get a mention here (one or two of them have been guilty of this in the past and will probably do it again) - if not, his time will probably be up. Either way, it shouldn't be happening because he's not doing what he's paid to do.

I hadn't noticed the confusion as such, but thought he'd ramped up his phrase book a few notches...Everything, and I mean everything was a story - I think he said something like the picking up the kids from school story, the running down to local shop story - There was a lot of littles little pump, little ballerina, little sandal..Then Pippa chimed in with the "name dropping" edict "Funnily enough, Vionic did the perfect sandal to go with this outfit just the other day, I'm sure they're still in stock" Funnily enough - my arse - I can imagine someone in the gallery snapping into her earpiece "NAMES, GIVE NAMES"!

I think the point of having him on QVC is to pad out what the sales people are saying. Maybe he's doing it deliberately to get a mention here (one or two of them have been guilty of this in the past and will probably do it again) - if not, his time will probably be up. Either way, it shouldn't be happening because he's not doing what he's paid to do.
I hadn't thought of that.
Pippa was having to work extra hard with him!
It did strike me as odd.

I hadn't noticed the confusion as such, but thought he'd ramped up his phrase book a few notches...Everything, and I mean everything was a story - I think he said something like the picking up the kids from school story, the running down to local shop story - There was a lot of littles little pump, little ballerina, little sandal..Then Pippa chimed in with the "name dropping" edict "Funnily enough, Vionic did the perfect sandal to go with this outfit just the other day, I'm sure they're still in stock" Funnily enough - my arse - I can imagine someone in the gallery snapping into her earpiece "NAMES, GIVE NAMES"!
This is a set-up! It's the classic little (oops) "let's really overdo it and stick a finger up at that forum" story (oopsie again)! After all, they are sales people - and on QVC - and they're special! AND they can say what they want!

And so will we.

He got the giggles at one point about the colours. Pipa had to rescue him with the colours several times. Definitely not a top performance from Mr Campbell.
Because Q change the real colours to Q colours, BA’s always stumble and get rescued by the presenter after the presenter asking what colour is this? Erm, erm, erm! So ridiculous. The Vionic chap needed rescuing over deep teal slippers and Pipa was all surprised with ginger root colour!

Glen, his wife & daughter have just returned from St Ives where they were making a holiday commercial. It looked lush. He travels a lot for work & must know his commitments but I suppose it's possible he was a last minute substitution & wasn't prepared. Maybe he was bored, hungry, on hay fever medication, hung over or a hundred other reasons for not being on his game. I sincerely hope he isn't in the early stages of dementia or any other serious illness.

Last edited:
Glen, his wife & daughter have just returned from St Ives where they were making a holiday commercial. It looked lush. He travels a lot for work & must know his commitments but I suppose it's possible he was a last minute substitution & wasn't prepared. Maybe he was bored, hungry, on hay fever medication, hung over or a hundred other reasons for not being on his game. I sincerely hope he isn't in the early stages of dementia or any other serious illness.
Have I seen him on an advert for something? I can't remember what, but is he an advert actor? He mooches about smiling and then sits down on a sofa!

'Wichita Lineman is glorious' & contains the best lines from any love song:

And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time.
Glen Campbell the country singer has the most gorgeous voice, as well as being a wonderful musician. My absolute favourite of his is If This Is Love. I had a compilation album where I found it but it first appeared on Galveston. It's only just over 2 minutes long, and I played it incessantly... my family must have LOVED that!
I had a total crush on him after True Grit.
He and his family were so courageous in how they dealt with his Alzheimers diagnosis.

Latest posts

Back