I have got a little place in Spain!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

'House! You were lucky to live in a house!.....Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us'. Classic! Python Rules!:mysmilie_697:

Good for Julia! I don't think she was being insensitive at all. It's not that unusual to have a second home in this day and age.

Good for Julia! I don't think she was being insensitive at all. It's not that unusual to have a second home in this day and age.

It's not that unusual to have no home at all these days either, sadly.
That's why when I listen to the L'Occitane woman waffling on about her products sometimes, it all seems so shallow and totally unimportant.
Don't they know there's a recession on...sigh....:mysmilie_73:

That's why they only charge the Earth for a few of their products now rather than most of them. I think that some of the presenters need a reality check, but we as consumers buy into the hype so we are just as bad. I used to buy anything and everything at one time but am now incredibly selective and try always to go for last clicks. If a ring's been worn before so what I can clean it, no big deal.
My main concern is the price of bags. Kipling, Charlie Lapson and Lulu Guiness yes you may end up with a designer bag but you'll have nothing to put in it unless you use it as a new home because you had to take a mortgage out to afford one.:mysmilie_17:

That's why when I listen to the L'Occitane woman waffling on about her products sometimes, it all seems so shallow and totally unimportant.

I may seem shallow and unimportant but it's her job to sell the products isn't it. What is she supposed to do, say 'I know this is overpriced and total tat but you should buy it anyway'
I'm sure she would get the sack if she did that. If you don't like what she or anyone else is saying then turn the volume down or turn off.
We will all be scared to say anything at all if we have to worry about whether someone has a home or not or whether it will offend someone if we mention our second home. Yes, I get a bit miffed when they keep going on about what they've got but I just ignore it. There is always somone worse off than you or I but that's life I'm afraid.

That's why they only charge the Earth for a few of their products now rather than most of them. I think that some of the presenters need a reality check, but we as consumers buy into the hype so we are just as bad. I used to buy anything and everything at one time but am now incredibly selective and try always to go for last clicks. If a ring's been worn before so what I can clean it, no big deal.
My main concern is the price of bags. Kipling, Charlie Lapson and Lulu Guiness yes you may end up with a designer bag but you'll have nothing to put in it unless you use it as a new home because you had to take a mortgage out to afford one.:mysmilie_17:

I buy my bags on Eb'y or TKMAxx. You don't have to buy anything on QVC if you don't want to do you?

It may be unimportant to us, Calico, but companies exist to sell and without them there is no economy, jobs, etc. Should L'Occitane stop trading (sell their unimportant shower gels) because there is recession? There are always better or worse off people, recession or no recession.

I may seem shallow and unimportant but it's her job to sell the products isn't it. What is she supposed to do, say 'I know this is overpriced and total tat but you should buy it anyway'
I'm sure she would get the sack if she did that. If you don't like what she or anyone else is saying then turn the volume down or turn off.
We will all be scared to say anything at all if we have to worry about whether someone has a home or not or whether it will offend someone if we mention our second home. Yes, I get a bit miffed when they keep going on about what they've got but I just ignore it. There is always somone worse off than you or I but that's life I'm afraid.

I know it's their job but sometimes they sound like they're on another planet and have no idea that a zillion quid for a bottle of shower gel isn't actually affordable for many folk ("stock up as it's the last day at the introductory price of £700,000 for half a litre!!).
To hear them say they couldn't live without their fifteen tubes of miracle hand-cream really gets up my schnozzer. "One for the car, one for the bathroom, one for the kitchen, one for the homeless person lying in the doorway..."
Surely, as salespeople, they should try and 'act' a tad more accessible and not like wealthy tv luvvies who bathe in ewes milk every morning and eat diamonds for lunch.
Julian's great at being 'normal' - as is Craig, and Debbie Greenwood.
Rant over! :mysmilie_701:

It may be unimportant to us, Calico, but companies exist to sell and without them there is no economy, jobs, etc. Should L'Occitane stop trading (sell their unimportant shower gels) because there is recession? There are always better or worse off people, recession or no recession.

I'm not suggesting anyone stops trading, watersiren, just that some QVC presenters (and guests) tone down their often superior, and sometimes patronising presenting style.
I like L'Occitane but I'd never suggest it's an 'essential' product like that dreadfully stuck-up Alex does.

I'm not suggesting anyone stops trading, watersiren, just that some QVC presenters (and guests) tone down their often superior, and sometimes patronising presenting style.
I like L'Occitane but I'd never suggest it's an 'essential' product like that dreadfully stuck-up Alex does.

She has to suggest it is an 'essential' product, something you actually 'need' and not just 'want'. False perceptions lead to impulsive buying. That's what sales are all about. That's what QVC is all about; impulsive buying reinforced by a 30 MBG policy (another false perception).

I buy my bags on Eb'y or TKMAxx. You don't have to buy anything on QVC if you don't want to do you?

And I don't. Especially not their overpriced bags just because they have little animals on them.

She has to suggest it is an 'essential' product, something you actually 'need' and not just 'want'. False perceptions lead to impulsive buying. That's what sales are all about. That's what QVC is all about; impulsive buying reinforced by a 30 MBG policy (another false perception).

I just feel some of them think they're 'bigger than the show'... if you know what I mean when they're just salespeople when all's said and done. I'm making a bit of a ham of explaining this aren't I?:mysmilie_697:

Also, I'm guilty of falling for all that spiel regarding skincare and I could kick myself for it aarrghhh!. Think I had a dose of the 'false perceptions' there, so I've decided I'm never falling for it again as you can buy just as good stuff on the High St and save yourself shedloads too.
Should've sent that LE superskin concentrate back... and the superskin cream.....
ooer..

And I don't. Especially not their overpriced bags just because they have little animals on them.

Me neither lizdelassa. I get mine from IW. Their Tommy and Kate bags are fab leather, designer-led, and a real bargain too

:mysmilie_466:

For those who wanted some more imformation on the "little place in Spain"

You may well have missed the "Have you booked" thread.

Details from Julia's QVC blog.

http://www.revivafitness.com/location.php

There's some very nice pics at the bottom of the page.

Luckly girlie :envy:

A few pics would have been okay, 13 of them smacks of gloating. The woman is such a show off. :down:

WOW - sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick - but is that JR's little place in spain???

Lucky girl if it is - when I thought of a little place in spain - i thought of a little flat with a balcony and communal pool!

I didn't think it would be so modern as I'd heard her say a bit back whilst presenting the Kipling brown white mocca tile printed bag that only recently she'd removed the very old spanish tiles from her clockroom at her place aboard.

Though having said that I really shouldn't be too shocked as she has posted a picture on her blog of a tv screen tiled into the end of her bath in her home in the uk.

:wink:

A few pics would have been okay, 13 of them smacks of gloating. The woman is such a show off. :down:

Not this time since the photos are promoting a business, just astounded she didn't feature in the pix.

She just seems to have great difficulty with expressions that pertain to size in relation to the item in question.

Latest posts

Back