I think that Judith Williams is bold...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reminds me when I underwent chemotherapy and a lady asked me 'why I wanted to be a skinhead at my age' in a supermarket
Maybe there is a reason?

Oooh, she's bold!

Did you mean "bald"? :wonder:

Regardless of her reasons for choosing to wear a wig, maybe the poor love should get some advice on hairpieces. Where's Lee Hobhein when you need him? :tongue:

Seriously, maybe she should try a lacefront wig: they tend to be less noticeable (unless you're John Travolta, anyway...)

reminds me when I underwent chemotherapy and a lady asked me 'why I wanted to be a skinhead at my age' in a supermarket
Maybe there is a reason?
It initially crossed my mind that Judith is unwell but then I dismissed it because she doesn't look it.

There may be a more simpler answer.

I believe a lot of women of the Jewish faith tend to wear wigs to cover their own hair, in the way that Muslim ladies wear the scarf.

Because qvc is American owned and most of the vendors are American, its fair to say that those in the fashion, jewellery and beauty industries are Jewish. I used to think in the early days that Kim Mendelsson, albeit Canadian, wore a wig, but I am not so sure now.

If any of our forumites are of the Jewish faith, I would be interested to know if I am on the right track here.

I am not Jewish but many of the Orthodox Jewish women whom I know wear the 'sheitel', as it's called. Some, of different orthodoxy, wear a scarf as the sheitel is not considered to be sufficiently modest. When I saw the clip, I assumed she was wearing a wig for reasons of her faith but of course, she may have alopecia or have had chemo. It's a shame it was so obvious, though.

While I am not of the Jewish faith I do know that as a married orthodox Jewish women you are only allowed to show your hair to your husband, which is why they wear wigs.
This counts as a hair covering so allowing them to follow the letter of the law without having to wear a head scarf.
I hope this helps.
Having said that they are usually better then this.

Yes Jewish Orthodox women wear wig to cover their hair
and no, you do not always have to look unwell. I had leukemia and looked great, although a little pale at times, but on good days and with fake tan and make up looked completely fine. Actually the treatment was worth then the disease so to speak. I did not like wearing a wig - not that easy actually, can make you sweaty and itchy, and does not stay on all that well, even scratching your head can move the darn thing and then its noticeable you wear one, and hated wearing a wig and did not get the hang of keeping a headscarf on well or for long for pretty much the same reasons - but that comment from the woman in Sainsburys kept me home for weeks afterwards - still can laugh about it now

Last edited:
maybe she finds a wig preferable to the faff of doing her hair or the expense of having it done?

joan collins famously wore a wig for her entire career. probably still does.

i would have guessed that JW is jewish though, so could be that.

There may be a more simpler answer.

I believe a lot of women of the Jewish faith tend to wear wigs to cover their own hair, in the way that Muslim ladies wear the scarf.

Because qvc is American owned and most of the vendors are American, its fair to say that those in the fashion, jewellery and beauty industries are Jewish. I used to think in the early days that Kim Mendelsson, albeit Canadian, wore a wig, but I am not so sure now.

If any of our forumites are of the Jewish faith, I would be interested to know if I am on the right track here.

its a retail thing isnt it? rather than a nationality thing? joan rivers always used to joke about a jewish obsession with shopping.

maybe she finds a wig preferable to the faff of doing her hair or the expense of having it done?

joan collins famously wore a wig for her entire career. probably still does.
i would have guessed that JW is jewish though, so could be that.

JC's father was jewish, so who knows ? that and the fact she has probably very thin hair.

Tova is another wig wearer, and her and Ernie are Jewish, so this does follow on.

Joan Collins and Tova are not orthodox as JC's mum was not jewish and I don't think Tova is jewish either so would therefore not be wig wearers on religious grounds.

Latest posts

Back