In the Salon with Gatineau TSV - 11/09/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been able to resist the TSV because I found that melatogenine was too rich and I ended up looking shiny as it doesn't seem to sink into my skin like it's supposed to ...... and I only used a tiny amount so it wasn't from over-application.

I've also tried the Age benefit cream (I bought the full sized pot and used it all) and didn't notice any difference, to be honest, so have recently been using the new Decleor cleanser and a high street brand of moisturiser and people have commented on my fresh looking skin ..... so go figure. :thinking:

At least it means my money stays on my bank account ..... for a change. :wink2:

Do you mind me asking what age range you are in Toril? I am wondering about buying this, I am 57. If you are around the same age, then I may not go for it if it's too rich. Although I have mature skin, it's not that dry.

I dont use Gatineau just dont get on with it but I have to say the TSV seems like good value for those who do like it. I like beauty TSV's where you get proper sizes of the products that you use on a daily basis cant be doing with those ones full of piddly little sizes think that's why LE TSV's never appeal to me they always seem to have loads of tiny little sizes

not a huge fan of Gatineau apart from the Throat Gel which I have used for years, not sure if it has made a lot of difference, it is just part of my ritual. I dont like the Melatogenine moisturiser at all, way too thick and heavy, terrible base for make-up unless you let it sink in for at least an hour first.

I went for the Defi Lift Eye cream set on EasyPay instead. I realised that although the Melatogenine was good value considering how much it usually sells for, too many people had said it takes ages to sink in and is gloopy, so I didn't bother with the TSV. Also, I was being silly, I don't need a moisturiser at the moment, I am still getting through a fantastic marine moisturiser sent as a freebie for filling in a questionnaire, worth £120! (Not the Beauty Bible testing).

Do you mind me asking what age range you are in Toril? I am wondering about buying this, I am 57. If you are around the same age, then I may not go for it if it's too rich. Although I have mature skin, it's not that dry.

I'm 58 (for my sins, lol.)

I think I inherited mum's genes though, as I apparently don't look my age (people who don't know me think I'm in my early to mid 40s :eek:) and I have no wrinkles (yet), which is why the melatogenine probably didn't have any effect. (People also think my son is at least 10 years younger than he is, which doesn't please him as he's 30 and mum was 87, when she died, but she still had blonde hair like me and looked in her 70s. She never used moisturisers or potions in her life)

I know that anti-ageing products do help, but I do think that one's genes are the over-riding factor as to whether or not you look the age that you are.

I'll be honest, up until the time i got Freeview and found AH and QVC, I always used soap and water on my face, but because of all the info about over 50s and ageing skin I went for the hype and stockpiled products. I think my skin looks fresher than it used to, but I think that's down to the cleanser rather than the anti-ageing products I've tried and also maybe to the fact that I have never sat out in the sun ....... in fact, for as long as I can remember I spend the summer sitting in the shade or darting between the shadows to avoid the rays. I'm a Winter person. :wink2:

I'm 58 (for my sins, lol.)

I think I inherited mum's genes though, as I apparently don't look my age (people who don't know me think I'm in my early to mid 40s :eek:) and I have no wrinkles (yet), which is why the melatogenine probably didn't have any effect. (People also think my son is at least 10 years younger than he is, which doesn't please him as he's 30 and mum was 87, when she died, but she still had blonde hair like me and looked in her 70s. She never used moisturisers or potions in her life)

I know that anti-ageing products do help, but I do think that one's genes are the over-riding factor as to whether or not you look the age that you are.

I'll be honest, up until the time i got Freeview and found AH and QVC, I always used soap and water on my face, but because of all the info about over 50s and ageing skin I went for the hype and stockpiled products. I think my skin looks fresher than it used to, but I think that's down to the cleanser rather than the anti-ageing products I've tried and also maybe to the fact that I have never sat out in the sun ....... in fact, for as long as I can remember I spend the summer sitting in the shade or darting between the shadows to avoid the rays. I'm a Winter person. :wink2:

A year older than me Toril! lol

I'm lucky too that people don't think I look my age, it's lovely when people say 'you're not 57!' or 'you can't possibly be a grandmother.' An over-enthusiastic woman in Asda a couple of weeks ago was 'helping' me choose a top (I didn't ask her! lol) and she said 'your sister's top is nice.' I explained that she was my 36 year old daughter and she almost shouted 'no way.' I have to admit compliments like that make you feel good.

My problem is not wrinkles - like you, yet! - but gravity is kicking in, which is why I've gone for the Defi Lift, to lift my eyes. I'm not stupid enough to think it's actually going to 'lift' them, but I like to keep that area well moisturised so I'm hoping a premium product will help.

I went through a stage in the early 80's where I tried to tan on holidays - I'm very fair skinned, so I burn - and have a couple of photos showing a bright red face (stupid me) but I just wanted more colour. Since that time I too have stayed out of direct sun when possible and I'm not interested in even trying to get a tan, cos it ain't gonna happen! I'm also an Autumn/Winter person or Spring even, but the Summer leaves me hot & bothered and I hate the horrible heatwaves we often get. They may not last long but they're long enough for me! :wink:

does anyone what age range are the gatineau products aimed at? some of the demos are very confusing - i saw one where andrew was saying the aquamemory was not suitable for oily/combination then the therapist completly contradicted him and said it was suitable for all...bit confused about the aquamemory and Melatogenine...can anyone help?

does anyone what age range are the gatineau products aimed at? some of the demos are very confusing - i saw one where andrew was saying the aquamemory was not suitable for oily/combination then the therapist completly contradicted him and said it was suitable for all...bit confused about the aquamemory and Melatogenine...can anyone help?

I would ignore what Andrew said. Aquamemory is suitable for all skin types that suffer with dehydration and gives skin a moisture boost, Melatogenine is for wrinkled skin. If you have just very fine lines it could be lack of moisture and would try Aquamemory first.

Gatineau do ranges for all ages but I would go by how your skin is regardless of age.

Wonder if anyone else noticed the sheepish brandishing of the Gatineau Awards. One was from Gatineau for Andrew flogging the most Gatineau in Europe and the other was from Qvc customers for the eye cream. Wehay! I felt Andrew's discomfort (AY didn't bat an eyelid of course) and think it would have been better not to have bothered.

Latest posts

Back