It's coming back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£49.99 jacket, Four Flexi payments of £16.66!! Cock-Up TV.

Re. TJC @The Duke of Cheese I know it's the TV shopping aspects of the channel and others you're critiquing, and I agree, but the TJC.co.uk site itself and the stuff they sell is nothing like, or indeed much more than the TV jewellery and odd other beauty and odd products televised.

The testimonials from the ladies on the sofa seem to also be about the good value and wide range of homewares and other items, not just jewellery/beauty stuff available on the site at decent prices with discount codes and megaday free p&p days. As a fan I've bought useful home items for under £5 or £10 and cheaper big ticket items cheaper than elsewhere.

Just saying. The TJC co.uk site has the jewellery too, but none of the false price drop rubbish and clearance and bargain auction areas where you can get cheap items for Xmas, smellies, lights, toys, cheap watches, pendants, brooches and home stuff like seats cushions and covers, etc.

I think the TJC TV shopping channel gives a bit of a false impression or does a bit of a disservice to their overall offering and quality customer service/returns offer.

P.S. the same dashcam on IW3 at £19.99 + p&p was 20% off (£16) and free p&p for a day on TJC website, if you knew how/when!
Can't read from that screen shot if it says 3 (correct) or 4 (wrong) flexi-pays.

P.S. It's probably one of the reasons TJC purchased the IW assets; to set up a second channel where they can air all their non-jewellery stuff from their website/warehouse to an audience that were less aware of their online offer... And those not online and watching Freeview...

Last edited:
Re. TJC @The Duke of Cheese I know it's the TV shopping aspects of the channel and others you're critiquing, and I agree, but the TJC.co.uk site itself and the stuff they sell is nothing like, or indeed much more than the TV jewellery and odd other beauty and odd products televised.

The testimonials from the ladies on the sofa seem to also be about the good value and wide range of homewares and other items, not just jewellery/beauty stuff available on the site at decent prices with discount codes and megaday free p&p days. As a fan I've bought useful home items for under £5 or £10 and cheaper big ticket items cheaper than elsewhere.

Just saying. The TJC co.uk site has the jewellery too, but none of the false price drop rubbish and clearance and bargain auction areas where you can get cheap items for Xmas, smellies, lights, toys, cheap watches, pendants, brooches and home stuff like seats cushions and covers, etc.

I think the TJC TV shopping channel gives a bit of a false impression or does a bit of a disservice to their overall offering and quality customer service/returns offer.

P.S. the same dashcam on IW3 at £19.99 + p&p was 20% off (£16) and free p&p for a day on TJC website, if you knew how/when!

if only TJC would listen I have complained many many times about the drops they do it's so unnecessary. They make me switch off and not bother so while I save money they loose sales! I do believe right now it's a game between Anshu who I like and Nitesh who is not a good presenter but an excellent buyer, who can do the most drops.

Can't read from that screen shot if it says 3 (correct) or 4 (wrong) flexi-pays.

P.S. It's probably one of the reasons TJC purchased the IW assets; to set up a second channel where they can air all their non-jewellery stuff from their website/warehouse to an audience that were less aware of their online offer... And those not online and watching Freeview...
Ahh…my apologies. It does say three.. I can now accuse them of actually getting something right, too. Just off to walk into the greengrocers for an eye test..

if only TJC would listen I have complained many many times about the drops they do it's so unnecessary. They make me switch off and not bother so while I save money they loose sales! I do believe right now it's a game between Anshu who I like and Nitesh who is not a good presenter but an excellent buyer, who can do the most drops.
What ARE you talking about?!? Jeez!!!

It's perfectly acceptable for them to start a produce at say £2,999.99, thus reflecting its TRUE value, and to then drop it to £29.99.

Don't you realise how GREAT the savings are?!?

;)

Yes, absolutely agree with you on that.

If I am actually interested in the price I go on the website/app and find its actual price there. They try and hide the price on the app while on live TV until the same final price as already on the website is revealed, but you can get around it via website or search. Not waiting around 10+ minutes to find out.

One of them also sometimes announces the drop before it happens on screen, which is weird. And sometimes they say, "2 more drops to come..." which defeats the object, surely.

I suppose the idea is to keep people watching in anticipation and that the more they watch, the more they will like the item and buy it. And to create a sense of genuine discount/bargain.
But I don't like it. Remember price-drop.tv TV?!

So just curious:

- Anyone know how IW3 sales are doing?

- when are 'big brands' going to be mixed in with the mainly TJC-sourced tat products?

- why are they picking the tackiest stuff from the TJC inventory, when they have much nicer stuff too, like hand-made Indian crafted, jewellery boxes, mango wood tables, lamps, cushions, home furnishings, etc.? And usb/lights, tech stuff. I didn't see the phone charger, maybe that's better.

The clothing and cheaper footwear made sense though. And Xmas trinkets as a quick impulse purchase to get a customer on-board... Ahhh, maybe I've answered my own question... 🤔

Shopping Television Presenters Tricks of the Trade.. No.2 ”WE ONLY HAVE SINGLE FIGURES LEFT!!
That old chestnut- Well, only of any use if we know what amount they started out with. 1000? Absolutely. Tell it to the viewers. But also, was that 1000 six months ago, or 1000 at the beginning of the current presentation?

Clearly, it is a scaremongering tactic used to encourage wavering viewers to buy. But essentially, it is a duplicitous one, if it isn’t made clear how many they had in the first place-particularly, if they only ever had single figures in the first place.

Often used version 27 of Ideal World. And particularly when showing higher value watches. What you did notice was the same single figures coriander piece this week was exactly the same parsley one from last week and the week before… The single figures never appeared to run out…

That Dashcam being sold above £2.99 is a rip off, tbh - don't care where!

Someone pointed out the pressure cooker at the weekend. "Phenomenal deal" on IW at £149, "at that price you'll have a buy" etc. Meanwhile exact same product was £99 on the TJC website, and a 30% off offer was active…

Could've done a direct price comparison for once.

The saleswoman on IW at present is awful, IW has plenty of awful sales people already carried forward from previous IW, so not sure why they are using new ones that are worse than the others,have all the old ones transferred across? Have seen Mike,Sally,Peter,Genevieve,
Shona and a few l cannot remember the names of.

Shopping Television Presenters Tricks of the Trade.. No.2 ”WE ONLY HAVE SINGLE FIGURES LEFT!!
That old chestnut- Well, only of any use if we know what amount they started out with. 1000? Absolutely. Tell it to the viewers. But also, was that 1000 six months ago, or 1000 at the beginning of the current presentation?

Clearly, it is a scaremongering tactic used to encourage wavering viewers to buy. But essentially, it is a duplicitous one, if it isn’t made clear how many they had in the first place-particularly, if they only ever had single figures in the first place.

Often used version 27 of Ideal World. And particularly when showing higher value watches. What you did notice was the same single figures coriander piece this week was exactly the same parsley one from last week and the week before… The single figures never appeared to run out…
Yet again I feel the need to defend selly telly.

Let's say they have 2650 of something left in stock. It's PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE to refer to this stock as 'being in single figures' because it is!!!

There's a 2 (single figure) followed by a 6 (another single figure) and so on.

GET IT?!?!?

;)

So just curious:

- Anyone know how IW3 sales are doing?

- when are 'big brands' going to be mixed in with the mainly TJC-sourced tat products?

- why are they picking the tackiest stuff from the TJC inventory, when they have much nicer stuff too, like hand-made Indian crafted, jewellery boxes, mango wood tables, lamps, cushions, home furnishings, etc.? And usb/lights, tech stuff. I didn't see the phone charger, maybe that's better.

The clothing and cheaper footwear made sense though. And Xmas trinkets as a quick impulse purchase to get a customer on-board... Ahhh, maybe I've answered my own question... 🤔
I'd say if genuine big brands don't start appearing in line with the new studio launch (or shortly after) they're maybe never coming?

Btw I'm not saying big brands are the be all and end all of sales, however don't promote yourself as the home of big brands if you emmm don't have them ;)

Emma boydell has actually done a food demo in the air fryer cooked some chips and fish fingers we’re getting somewhere
I just saw that and she was getting ready to eat them when obviously someone told her they were out of the freezer for 2 hours before going in the air fryer. So very pointless to make food that isn't edible. The satisfaction of a cookery demonstration is someone going 'Yum'. The chips were stuck together. that's why you need a chef to at least know how to give a good demo.

Really happy to see Emma on screen, I remember her from her Rocks & Co days. Good presentation, no dramas or tall tales. But it won’t be enough to keep me watching, as mentioned before in this thread, it’s just a load of stuff from TJC that we’ve seen before. Hopefully they can ship all the bliddy Opatra tat over to them as well!

Latest posts

Back