Jill Franks' Bulldog Stolen/Lost

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can i ask a really stupid question but what do these people do with the stolen dogs?

Im not a dog owner but i think its totally disgusting that some low life scum could so such a thing whatever the reason!!! Really hope Jill and her dog are reunited!!!

I imagine they would breed them or sell them. There has to be some financial element to it. I would imagine a dog like that would be quite expensive to care for.

Not at all a stupid question Nikkid, at best they are sold on for breeding, and breeding and breeding, at worst, they used in dog fighting. if lucky, they are kept waiting for a huge reward. It is vicious and vindictive, the suffering of the poor dogs does not bear thinking about.

Maybe he wandered off and will find his way home?
Maybe he has been kidnapped to get a reward?
Maybe he has been kidnapped for breeding / sale?

Scruncher's been neutered, I think it mentioned this in one of the links earlier. With a boy dog I suspect it's easy to tell, so he's been stolen for something other than breeding.

Jill's been on Twitter franctically asking everyone to re-tweet pictures of Scruncher. She even tweeted an appeal to the Sun and Mirror newspapers. I know she must br devastated but Jill's only really known to QVC viewers so I doubt they'd be interested. Abbey Clancy's dog got stolen a few months ago. There was a lot of publicity and she managed to get it back so Jill should not give up hope. I just hope whoever has the dog is treatng him well.

Last edited:
I just feel physically sick reading such things. Besides how the pet owners feel, do these people have no respect for other living things??!!!!

I have always thought Jill is a lovely person. I am absolutely gutted for her and Larry. Jill dotes on her 2 dogs, she often calls them my boys. How sick are people in this world to steal a well loved and looked after dog. Scruncher must be fretting for Jill and Larry as well. Let's hope Scruncer returns home safe and sound very quickly. Much love to Jill and Larry xxxx

Well, if I was a detective, I'd be looking at perhaps other reasons the dog was taken, other than breeding. Doesn't Mr Franks work in a highly competitive industry ? this could be a grudge, or an act of vengeance, knowing how this couple worship their animals.

I sincerely hope he is found in perfect health, and no worse for his experience.

Well, if I was a detective, I'd be looking at perhaps other reasons the dog was taken, other than breeding. Doesn't Mr Franks work in a highly competitive industry ? this could be a grudge, or an act of vengeance, knowing how this couple worship their animals.

I sincerely hope he is found in perfect health, and no worse for his experience.

I may not like Jill Franks but I do think it's an unpleasant thing to happen, not that dissimilar to having a family member kidnapped. If he's neutered they won't be able to breed him, so I expect they will sell him on or claim a big reward. What does her husband's job have to do with it? Why would anyone kidnap dog because of that? If I found someone's pet I would be only too pleased to see them reunited, but some people are greedy. The fighting thing doesn't make any sense at all. Who would want to watch that? And why? It must be for sadistic / gory reasons. I can't imagine they would make money out of that. I have heard in Russia that do horrible shows with bears that they antagonise :(

Have they mentioned on air yet about Scruncher? haven't watched today so have no idea

Very sadly organised dog fighting goes on all over UK with dogs being stolen for bait. It is common knowledge within the dog world that the poor dogs advertised as 'free to a good home' on Gumtree, Preloved etc are put in terrible jeopardy of being taken for this purpose- one of the reasons the legitimate dog rescues carry out stringent homechecks. I am pretty sure that Scruncher has been stolen to be sold - realky hope he is chipped and that if someone buts him he's checked by a vet who may check.

sorry for the too graphic thing.

Yes he is micro chipped. I belong to a group on Facebook, Get Gumtree Animal Free. The puppy farmers sell under age puppies, the number of rescue pets which a year later turn up on there for free, 'Cannot keep because'. You should have seen the ads after Christmans, 'Bought for present not wanted.' The other day a small Yorkie but for free, new kitten does not like it.

Was/in Windsor Park today and there was a missing dog poster near the Virginia Water gate for a bulldog called Scrunched who was lost on Thursday on the towpath in Windsor near Browns Restaurant. I think it must be Jill's dog.

Have they mentioned on air yet about Scruncher? haven't watched today so have no idea

Alison did mention Scruncher and asked people to go to twitter/I can't remember which show it was as I don't tend to watch Mally...

Alison did mention Scruncher and asked people to go to twitter/I can't remember which show it was as I don't tend to watch Mally...

Thanks , I haven't watched much , My heart bleeds for Jill I hope she gets him back ASAP X:(

Latest posts

Back