Jilly Halliday - totally out of proportion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
This is a strange thing. There is 'chubby' there is 'pear shaped' and then there is a 'Jilly Halliday' shape

Today especially (maybe because the Ronnie TSV dress added 20lbs to virtually everyone who wore it) Jilly literally looks photo shopped. It is as if there are two pictures blended together. Do you remember that game where you would spin three blocks that had decals of a person and match the parts to complete, and in some cases the head wasn't a match to the body? (probably a Victorian game!) Thats Jilly now. She has such a beautiful pretty face, that seems to have held its youth and slenderness, yet, as your eyes work down, her silhouette gets wider - and wider. This is such a shame. When JH first joined QVC she virtually could say she was the prettiest presenter on air. Dancers figure, and stunning face. But now, it really is as if someone has photo shopped her head onto an obese body. It seems to pool around her hips and legs like a severe edema.

Wondering what might cause such targeted odd fatty areas without adding facial weight
Collegue says 'she has a case of San Francisco A***'

Whatever shape Jilly might be or not be as sure as hell Q clothes won't do a darn thing for. Luckily she manages to avoid most of Q'creations but who will ever forget that awful satiny full length TSV she was forced to wear.

I like her and would rather have her any day over the skinnies SG, JK, JF, in Q fashions or not.

To a great extent it's that horrid frock and boleeero. The dress would be too short on her so she's wearing flats which don't flatter any type. Plus those wigs - they just cannot be styled into anything resembling a normal cut & blow dry style most of us have. The wigs are typical "helmet hair".

Jilly is large but usually wears clothes in styles and colours that suit and make the most of her figure, usually with black trousers. I bet she feels really pee'd off wearing that stuff and messing with that petro-chemical hair.

Jilly is large and as I said on another thread she is so ****** frumpy. For a woman her age and the job she does it is time she had a serious makeover. Having said that I like her as she comes across as such a nice person.

Jilly usually disguises her figure well with trousers and tops.I like her naturalness, but the TSV is dire on her, not a good advert for sales.

I bet Jilly's a lovely person but it would be nice to see her in something other than black trousers and flat shoes.

Poor Jilly, it can't be easy wearing stuff on TV that just doesn't suit you. She does have quite a wide bottom half but usually wears black - come on now ladies, isn't that what most of us do? I don't like her always wearing those flat shoes though as they just don't do anything for her. I like her and I always think she does a good job on the presentation even if she doesn't do such a good job of modelling the clothes. That's more to do with the clothes than Jilly's body.

CC

Do you think she wears flats because she is very tall and doesn't want to tower over guests?

I've see her (well her top half anyway) do special black tie jewellery shows and she was a stunner.

Maybe I feel for her as I don't have so much a backside more a ships broadside so I know how difficult it is to get top and bottoms to align.

Poor Jilly, it can't be easy wearing stuff on TV that just doesn't suit you. She does have quite a wide bottom half but usually wears black - come on now ladies, isn't that what most of us do? I don't like her always wearing those flat shoes though as they just don't do anything for her. I like her and I always think she does a good job on the presentation even if she doesn't do such a good job of modelling the clothes. That's more to do with the clothes than Jilly's body.

CC
I don't wear the same pair of trousers for work everyday though. I alternate with black, navy, green, black stripe, maroon. She just needs a little imagination.

tv puts stones on you none of the presenters look half thier bodyweight in real life. jilly always looks great when she has to. i suspect she just wants to be comfy when at work. she also has lovely hair

I think she once said she suffers from back problems and that's why she wears flats. She is obviously comfy in her own skin but she does need to update her wardrobe unfortunately she won't be able to do it with QVC 'fashion'.

This is a strange thing. There is 'chubby' there is 'pear shaped' and then there is a 'Jilly Halliday' shape

Today especially (maybe because the Ronnie TSV dress added 20lbs to virtually everyone who wore it) Jilly literally looks photo shopped. It is as if there are two pictures blended together. Do you remember that game where you would spin three blocks that had decals of a person and match the parts to complete, and in some cases the head wasn't a match to the body? (probably a Victorian game!) Thats Jilly now. She has such a beautiful pretty face, that seems to have held its youth and slenderness, yet, as your eyes work down, her silhouette gets wider - and wider. This is such a shame. When JH first joined QVC she virtually could say she was the prettiest presenter on air. Dancers figure, and stunning face. But now, it really is as if someone has photo shopped her head onto an obese body. It seems to pool around her hips and legs like a severe edema.

Wondering what might cause such targeted odd fatty areas without adding facial weight
Collegue says 'she has a case of San Francisco A***'

i'm not sure of your point - yes Jilly is an attractive woman - who has got a fuller figure as she has got older . I think your comment is quite cruel really.

I'd like to see a photo of Jilly back then when she joined qvc.

I must Upload from my VHS!

in the meantime Jill Halliday was on Family Fortunes, Season 5, Episode 7:
25 November 1983
'The Halliday family from Tottenham' with Max Bygraves - might be on Utube

i'm not sure of your point - yes Jilly is an attractive woman - who has got a fuller figure as she has got older . I think your comment is quite cruel really.

Sorry if you found my thread rude -- its just an opinion and no reflection of her lovely personality - at the end of the day, you cant change a personality, which is the important thing, really. Im sure If I were to ask Jilly, if just for health reasons, she would wish to be trimmer

Im a big fan of Jilly, thats why I said its a shame, and thats my point - a shame shes let herself go

Last edited:
I don't mind her flat shoes, in fact I too always wear ballet flatties with trousers, always have done - its more of an elegance and comfy thingy and there is an age where heels just don't cut the mustard anymore. (can't ever remember seeing photos of Audrey Hepburn in killer heels and trousers, she ALWAYS wore flatties with her capri pants /trousers, and every woman on the planet sees her as a style icon !)

I can't walk in high heels! I only wear them when I have a night out (about once a year!)

My work shoes have a raised wedge sole. That reminds me I need a new pair.

The rest of the time its emu boots, knee high boots or flip flops!

Jilly was a dancer and even did hair modelling for Molton Brown, they did start as a hairdressers. I remember clearly when I first started watching in 1997, AY used to talk about it and even had a photo of Jilly with wild curly hair modelling the rag roller things that Molton Brown invented. Think the photo might have been from the late 80s? I remember the beauty shows they did to the run up to Jilly's wedding and the photos of the wedding in OK!!!!! Jilly got married and even when she had her first child she stated she would be back at work asap!! But I think over time she has just got comfortable in her skin, happy with her family and chilled out.

I will say this she is the one presenter they have never forced to go on one of the diet things they sell every year. JR,AD,CH, etc have all done it. Jill would disappear if they made her do it. Oh and none of the men have done it.

I did a google and plenty of info about the wedding but no photos coming up.

Latest posts

Back