Jilly Halliday - totally out of proportion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here you are Donna:

A picture of Jilly with curls:

Bxg-NfRCIAA6ZgJ.jpg:large

I posted this picture, thinking it was her wedding pic, but I edited it out, because I was uncertain, as the lady who conducted the wedding was called Halliday also!
I thought I will post it again, just in case it was:mysmilie_17:

HallidayLaugh400.jpg

That wedding pic of jilly is not QVCs Jilly. If i remember from the wedding video that was shown, she arrived in a horse and carriage and her hair was very curly but was hanging down not put up, and she had a veil.

Sorry if you found my thread rude -- its just an opinion and no reflection of her lovely personality - at the end of the day, you cant change a personality, which is the important thing, really. Im sure If I were to ask Jilly, if just for health reasons, she would wish to be trimmer

Im a big fan of Jilly, thats why I said its a shame, and thats my point - a shame shes let herself go

You make a lot of assumptions.

Im a big fan of Jilly, thats why I said its a shame, and thats my point - a shame shes let herself go

Think it's extremely rude to make this statement. If Jilly is happy with her own body then so be it. Personally, I am not a lover of her long straight hair but it's her choice at the end of the day....think it looks absolutely gorgeous when it's curled as in the photo and do wish she would have that style more often. However, she's a busy Mum no doubt and is probably short of "me" time like the rest of us!

Cruel post & I hope Jilly does not see it. Its not how people look on the outside but what is on the inside. She seems a lovely person & for me that is what counts.

Personally, I never judge people for their size, shape or whatever, because it's what is inside that counts. Also, most of QVC's fashion does no service to any of the models or presenters anyway.

However, I would far rather watch hours of Jilly in preference to the presenters who are continually making references to their new fandangled diets, exercise regimes, what size clothes they take etc., etc. When I watch QVC I watch it for the presentations and I'm not the least bit interested in how many pounds they've lost.

The one thing that I like about Jilly, apart from her calm presenting style, is the fact that she has no apparent hang ups about whether she looks bigger than she used to in her teens. Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think anyone has any right to criticise someone for the shape that they are. We are all different and it's what is on the inside (under the wrapper) that really matters.

After all ........ how many of us are actually perfect?

I like Jilly and I am able to watch her present which is more than I can say for some of the presenters. She is not hard sell - and I know that she has some phrases which she does like to repeat, but I can live with that. She is calm and relaxed, and seems happy in herself, and that is what I want when I watch QVC, not manic talking and constant twittering, and references to books that a presenter has written - badly I might add.

That wedding pic of jilly is not QVCs Jilly. If i remember from the wedding video that was shown, she arrived in a horse and carriage and her hair was very curly but was hanging down not put up, and she had a veil.

I don't think that is Jilly in the wedding photo.

I was not sure either, because her husband looks a bit younger now than that gentleman who is the groom (called Steve)in that picture. I edited the picture from my first post, then every time I searched Jilly's Halliday's wedding, this picture popped up, that is why I posted it again , but with the post saying it may not be her :blush:

That photo is from the website of an Australian marriage registrar, called Melissa Halliday. That's why it comes up if you google Halliday wedding.

It's not Jilly :)

Yes that lady is called Melissa Haliday and she authorises the weddings :nod:

Alison Young once showed Jilly's wedding pictures and she looked fab...now her little girl looks very much like her very pretty .

Cruel post & I hope Jilly does not see it. Its not how people look on the outside but what is on the inside. She seems a lovely person & for me that is what counts.

I agree, Lilian. Whilst I am a vigorous proponent of open forums being used as vehicles to democratically express an opinion, this is plain bitchy and, imo, untrue. I like Jilly, and think she looks healthily attractive. She dresses to suit her age, and her figure.

I agree, Lilian. Whilst I am a vigorous proponent of open forums being used as vehicles to democratically express an opinion, this is plain bitchy and, imo, untrue. I like Jilly, and think she looks healthily attractive. She dresses to suit her age, and her figure.

I think eveyone that read the original comment by JRs Ego (and thats a big ego) will see it was an observation and wasn't being bitchy or rude, just some people prefer to turn a honest and open negative comment in to that, if you're that easily offended maybe you shouldn't read public forums, either that or get out more...............now was that rude or honest?

Oh, dear!! I don't know if I should say anything, or if I should mind my own business and keep quiet :confused: but I hate people falling out:sad:
I don't think JR's Ego meant to say what it sounded like, sometimes in forums what we write may look entirely different to what we actually mean to say(if that makes any sense:sweat: )
Like now, I am not sure if I have explained what I mean to say.
I hope nobody falls out with me for intefearing :whew:

This is a strange thing. There is 'chubby' there is 'pear shaped' and then there is a 'Jilly Halliday' shape

Today especially (maybe because the Ronnie TSV dress added 20lbs to virtually everyone who wore it) Jilly literally looks photo shopped. It is as if there are two pictures blended together. Do you remember that game where you would spin three blocks that had decals of a person and match the parts to complete, and in some cases the head wasn't a match to the body? (probably a Victorian game!) Thats Jilly now. She has such a beautiful pretty face, that seems to have held its youth and slenderness, yet, as your eyes work down, her silhouette gets wider - and wider. This is such a shame. When JH first joined QVC she virtually could say she was the prettiest presenter on air. Dancers figure, and stunning face. But now, it really is as if someone has photo shopped her head onto an obese body. It seems to pool around her hips and legs like a severe edema.

Wondering what might cause such targeted odd fatty areas without adding facial weight
Collegue says 'she has a case of San Francisco A***'

I agree, I've thought that for a while. Some may call your comment rude, I call it honest. One called it bitchy but seems funny that they tend not to acknowlede that you called her pretty, anyway I agree with you and anyone who has eyes can see the same.

Latest posts

Back