Joan Collins make up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I am sorry I can't find the thread where this was discussed a few weeks ago but Akimbo had sung the praises of Joan Collins lipsticks, and I said I would try them. Well I did, and wow, wow, triple wow! They remind me of the gold metal lipstick bullet that my grandma had from either Estee Lauder or Elizabeth Arden when I was a little girl. The smell and texture is very Tom Ford! The colour is lovely and I have bought a few more colours to try. Comes with a sample of all the shades of her foundation range, and a piece of card to rub to try her fragrance. Never thought I would say it about a make up range brought by Joan to QVC. It's more than just some generic make up with her name on it.

Can I ask what colours you have tried, I quite the one that is called "Marilyn", think one of the sets it is in is on waitlist though, thanks , they do look expensive ( by that I mean classy)

Marilyn is what arrived first and it is the one that wowed me. I got it in the set with the matching lipgloss- also of outstanding quality. Reminds me of the Dior ones.

I have the "Sadie" shade with a matching nail varnish on the way, and am thinking of getting the corally pinks next. Having tried the Marilyn first you can either apply it with a heavy hand like Joan does or you can just apply to the top lip then smack your lips together and then put a little gloss over the top. The latter looks soft and natural so I may try that with the brighter shades with a clear gloss. Staying power is good, packaging is top notch. Texture is a matte-cream.

Sorry to use caps, but.... BEST LIPSTICK EVER!
(OK, Lipstick Queen is amazing but price prohibitive)

It doesn't smudge everywhere, it stays in place and lasts, yet it's very moisturising and doesn't dry your lips at all. Plus the packaging is beautiful. It's not "wet" or glossy (I hate lipgloss) and balances the creamy matte finish really well.

If you like a true Hollywood red and have cool skin then you won't find a better shade than Helene. I couldn't have hoped for a more perfect shade for me.

I cannot rave about her lipsticks enough. I'm a real lipstick girl and much prefer a colourful lip and simple eye make up, rather than a smokey eye.

Last edited:
I can't wear red at all. I actually don't own a single lipstick. Most days I wear no lippie at all but I do have lipglosses.

I had a girlie in Jo Malone recommend a Bobby Brown lippie. She said "as you clearly like nude lip colours". Erm yes I do but this "nude" lip colour is Vaseline lol. I'm not sure who was more embarrassed me or her lol.

I like a good old fashioned type of lipstick but as yet I haven`t tried a JC one. I avoid red lippies, I`m in my 60`s and my teeth aren`t exactly snow white these days and I think some red lippies can make your teeth look even more discoloured. I stick to neutral or pinky neutral shades but the Maralyn lipstick sounds about right for me.
I`ve bought these ones before and they`re very very good but don`t last all day, you do have to reapply. They`re oldie style lippies too, bullet shaped and in a gold finished case and they don`t contain animal fats, mineral oils or carmine ( beetle juice ) to colour them. I wait until they`re on offer and I also get a free gift for ordering and stash the gifts away as Christmas presents. Might be worth those people who love lippies giving them a browse. There`s also a gold coloured powder compact and its lovely powder, I have that too. Once again I wait until its on offer or I`m sent a discount code. Its worth registering with the site even if you don`t order.
http://www.yves-rocher.co.uk/contro...tegory=2000/~product_id=W01961?cmSrc=Category
http://www.yves-rocher.co.uk/contro...tegory=2000/~product_id=W74997?cmSrc=Category

Sorry to use caps, but.... BEST LIPSTICK EVER!
(OK, Lipstick Queen is amazing but price prohibitive)

It doesn't smudge everywhere, it stays in place and lasts, yet it's very moisturising and doesn't dry your lips at all. Plus the packaging is beautiful. It's not "wet" or glossy (I hate lipgloss) and balances the creamy matte finish really well.

If you like a true Hollywood red and have cool skin then you won't find a better shade than Helene. I couldn't have hoped for a more perfect shade for me.

I cannot rave about her lipsticks enough. I'm a real lipstick girl and much prefer a colourful lip and simple eye make up, rather than a smokey eye.

Totally agree! Although my shade of choice is Alexis - which is the darker red as true red doesn't look right on me. I have the Paparazzi ready compact. It's very glam! I tried the lash enhancing product, also amazing, and my friend and mum adore the perfume, but have tried nothing else. Are the nail polishes any good? I am going to look to see if they are '3 free' and if so, may give them a whirl. The place I buy my JC, all the ladies rave about the whole make up range.

Totally agree! Although my shade of choice is Alexis - which is the darker red as true red doesn't look right on me. I have the Paparazzi ready compact. It's very glam! I tried the lash enhancing product, also amazing, and my friend and mum adore the perfume, but have tried nothing else. Are the nail polishes any good? I am going to look to see if they are '3 free' and if so, may give them a whirl. The place I buy my JC, all the ladies rave about the whole make up range.

The nail varnish is good MK, it's well-pigmented so one coat is enough in a hurry, 2 coats last a good few days. The handle shape is very nice to hold on your hand, the brush is slim but you can be more precise that way.

Can I ask where you buy it? Thanks.

Does she do lip pallet samples? This would be much cheaper I would think.

If she does, it's not obvious. Have ordered Marilyn from QVC, so it can go back if not suitable, but JC website has a better description & photo, so I'm pretty certain it will suit.

I did a bit of a search, since no-one had an opinion re a suitable shade for me, seems you can buy from Joanie's own website: http://joancollinsbeauty.com
It looks like Marilyn's the one for me.

Pick a lily I only just saw your post. Marilyn would have been my first recommendation. Maybe also Sadie (DBF was wearing it on air the other day and it suited her). It's a really unusual shade I am struggling to describe! Will put it on in daylight tomorrow and let you know.

thanks for the info I love this forum for that I`ll pass it onto my daughter .... I`m just coming to the end of a lipstick I bought in New York in 2013 ...so may give JC`s a go too!!

Pick a lily I only just saw your post. Marilyn would have been my first recommendation. Maybe also Sadie (DBF was wearing it on air the other day and it suited her). It's a really unusual shade I am struggling to describe! Will put it on in daylight tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks! I watched the presentation with DF in the Sadie. I thought it suited her, but it looks far too deep for me, I'm much paler than DF, and fair haired. I think Marilyn will be perfect though, and I'm glad you agree. I'm looking forward to getting it now.

Latest posts

Back