Julia ...... Hotness !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Age (or discrimination due to it) is a protected characteristic in the Equality Act 2010. . It isn't just another PC gone mad thing but is genuinely part of statute. Of course we live in a democracy and people are entitled to their opinion but should be mindful that those views might be regarded as discriminatory. That's not an issue for some peeps and that's their right, equally people are allowed to be offended by other's views and voice that too.

Here are the protected characteristics
Age; Disability; Gender reassignment; Marriage and civil partnership; Pregnancy and maternity; Race; Religion and belief; Sex; Sexual orientation

My view, I love long hair and keep mine longish and intend to always. My defining moment on the long hair issue as my hair dresser wants me to have it cut was Tova older lady with very dodgy short hair, JR with healthly looking long hair, no competition Tova didn't in my view look any better than Julia just because she has shorter hair and is more mature.

Last edited:
My mother was Spanish, dad was half-Indian and I still remember my grannies and great-grannies had long thick hair, which fascinated me when they'd just casually stand chatting whilst twisting it into a bun or plait! I think the secret at any age is grooming; one can get away with all sorts of tonsurial and sartorial monstrosities when young, but having clean, glossy, well-cut hair, fresh-looking skin and good teeth make a massive difference!

I'm 50 and have inherited the Spanish/Indian hair; it's actually a sod when it's short and much easier (and more versatile) to style when longer....

Poppy43 has it completely right - count your blessings and make the best of what you have, whatever your age!

Jinny x

It still seems ok in this country to make fun of people with red hair. I wonder if they will bring a Law out against this?

i love auburn hair. when i was a teen there was this boy with rich auburn hair his name was eugen collins. still love his hair till this day lol!

It still seems ok in this country to make fun of people with red hair. I wonder if they will bring a Law out against this?

I've never understood that at all! I think it must be jealousy because I think red hair is absolutely gorgeous. I used to die mine all shades of red but true reds suit it best as they have the colouring to carry it off ~ lucky them!

I've always loved 'red hair' of any shade and as I have already said lost my hair last year due to chemo. Having had grey straight hair I jockingly said that when my hair grew back it would be nice to have auburn curly hair.............................and would you believe it it's growing back grey and straight. Never mind at least it's growing back. x

Absolutely adore red hair...think Titian & Pre-Raphaelite beauties, artists have always been drawn to the colour that some morons make fun of.

Completely agree - red hair is always striking! Never understood the likes of Lindsay Lohan, who bleached the guts out of her beautiful glossy auburn hair and made it into a dull and lifeless thatch...

Jinny x

I think old women with long hair look bluddy awful and if it's died in a dark shade it looks worse than grey hair. This is my opinion and J.R. and G.H. are way overdue for a haircut and a style update.

The word 'granny' conjures up a picture of a woman who may have more years under her belt than others. However, my ex sister-in-law was a grandmother at 32 which puts a new slant on the 'granny label.' :wink:

I also think long hair on older women looks awful, especially when grey or dyed black and just left to hang. How this statement could be compared with racial discrimination, I really do fail to see. A hairstyle is a matter of choice, not a genetic code that you are born with.
This is just my opinion and, of course, everyone is free to wear their hair however they choose - just because I don't happen to think it looks attractive, does not make me a candidate for the wrath of the Equalities Commission. The expression 'Political Correctness Gone Mad' springs to mind.

I think old women with long hair look bluddy awful and if it's died in a dark shade it looks worse than grey hair. This is my opinion and J.R. and G.H. are way overdue for a haircut and a style update.

True, sometimes women overdo the hair dye, or the shade at least, but at the other end of the scale there are women out there that do the opposite, that is they elect to have a short haircut that does absolutely nothing for them, grey or otherwise.
I remember waiting outside my mother-in-law's salon and thinking to myself they all look the same - like the Queen. Helmets of grey!
The only woman I can think of off the top of my head who really suits short hair is Judi Dench (I am sure there are others) and that's because she's got the bone structure to support it and no double chin. Wrinkles are a fact of life short or long hair, but thick necks, necklace lines and double chins are really exposed with a short haircut. There's nothing there to blur the edges so to speak.
Julia's hair might not always be the most flattering colour or always in good condition, but it is (in my view anyway) her crowning glory.

I would like Julia to get a small bit cut off the ends because like myself they look scraggy after a certain point. Otherwise she looked truly lovely.

I think a long glossy mane stuck on top of a haggardy old visog just looks wrong. I think JR's hair is just too long now - she is still a good-looking woman, but I think she could look even better :hi:

Last night I thought the hair and dress really didn't suit her and aged her greatly.

It was a shame, she's usually so well presented and think she usually has a good style. Don't really see why she needs to change it.

Jerry Hall was on TV the other night with her frizzy over processed yellow hair zig zagging down her back.She looked haggard and old.
I personally (and it is only an opinion) think that long hair can be very ageing particularly post menopause when hair can become coarser and dryer.
Of course there are no rules and thankfully we can all choose to style our hair as we like.
I think Julia needs a good hair cut and jilly Halliday needs a complete re-style and I reckon it would take years off them both.Julia is a good looking woman but in my opinion does not look younger than her years..but I think she could with a little re styling.

I'll say one thing for Julia's hair, I've never seen her with awful roots showing. Something many of the other presenters, models and guests could take note about, notably Catherine in the last Kitchen hour - her hair looked awful.

Last edited:
What a difference a few curls can make.. she looks great tonight, certainly younger.

I'm 53 with shoulder blade length hair and my DD has demanded I never get it cut short. She has only ever known me to have long hair, she is 26 and if I ask the hairdresser to take an inch more off on the regular trim she notices and I get an ear full. I have told her I will have to get it cut shorter at some point and all she says is "no you won't." I have a few greys at the temples and she tells me I am too young to start dying my hair. Good job it is in good condition even though it suffered this year with various issues including alopecia.

Latest posts

Back