Julia reveals health issue

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WOW!

My father was checked by 4 different doctors 2/3 weeks before he died at only 68yrs, then whilst in the IC part of A&E two more doctors f***** up!!!!!!! If only life was that straight forward and how on earth do you know about Julia's actions sorry but what an awful puerile statement to make IMO!!
My point is simply that we don't always prioritise our health. Tiredness is something we often dismiss as insignificant. Julia chose to have a health MOT and this problem was uncovered. I based my comments on what I'd read on her blog.

Hats of to Julia - she handled that with great dignity and clearly kept the news to herself for quite some time. Wishing her and her family all the very best!

Indeed, very dignified and indicative of the real person rather than the perceived (by some) one.

But lets not start talking in hushed tones as if the worst is going to happen eh? She said its controllable and she's clearly recounting this some time after the diagnosis so lets assume everything's going along ok. She certainly looks great, not always a reliable indication I know, but it's a good couple of years if not more since she was missing a lot. I choose to think she's over the worst until I hear different. Go JR! :heart:

Sorry to hear this and agree with BarbedWire's comment. QVC presenters and models seem to have coped very graciously with this evil disease, I'd like to add my renewed wishes of hope and health to Julia, Beulah, Amica etc and anyone here suffering in silence. Sending strength and positive vibes to all.

Jude xx

They have indeed!!! Best wishes to them all!!

I guess this now explains Julia's disappearance at one point last year as she has obviously been dealing with this for about 6 months or so.

Indeed, very dignified and indicative of the real person rather than the perceived (by some) one.

But lets not start talking in hushed tones as if the worst is going to happen eh? She said its controllable and she's clearly recounting this some time after the diagnosis so lets assume everything's going along ok. She certainly looks great, not always a reliable indication I know, but it's a good couple of years if not more since she was missing a lot. I choose to think she's over the worst until I hear different. Go JR! :heart:
SINCE I MADE SUCH A MASH-UP OF MY EDIT, I HAVE RE-POSTED HERE. IF ANYONE WANTS TO, OR CAN, DELETE MY EARLIER POST, I WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!

Absolutely!
I had a great aunt who had the same thing. The treatment to control it very good these days and survival rates are very, very high. My great aunt's life was certainly not cut short - she died in her late 80s with, rather than because of, the disease, which is the way it goes most times. That's not to say it's not a serious condition, without some nasty side-effects, but as things go it's generally one of the more controllable and treatable forms of the illness. Here's wishing Julia the very best!

Love and positive thoughts to Julia and her family. (And to anybody else who is in similar position). :happy:

I really hope she continues to do well. It sounds like she has dealt with the problem and only chosen to make it public now. She did say on air a couple of weeks ago that she had put on a bit if weight in the last few months but there was a reason for it, which she would reveal at some point. I'm guessing this is the reason.

Well good luck to her. I personally feel she looks better for those extra few pounds but maybe she just looks better now because she really does feel better. Whatever I wish her well.

It's a sad fact of life that many people will contract cancer, one in three if what we are told is true.

Throughout my career seven of my colleagues had developed cancer and I have a dear friend dealing with the disease. With one exception, all have responded to treatment, the earliest one of which was best part of twenty years ago, and two I still work with.

It's one of those "fingers crossed" diseases we all dread and hope we won't have to deal with. It's not discussed enough IMO, I'm one of these people who needs to know and understand everything, I find it helps me when I have to deal with serious issues. I appreciate that's not for everyone.

Treatments are getting better all the time and lets hope it's successful for Julia and everyone else. I wish her well.

I have an in-law who has had this condition for many years, this person lives with it, gets regular blood tests and occasional treatment. I hope it goes equally well for Julia!

Im so sorry to hear about Julias illness, she's a lovely woman with the love of a good family and I wish her and her family all the best for the weeks and months to come xx Get well soon Julia xx

What sad news. She is by far and away Q's best presenter. I wish her and her family well.

I read an article recently saying that if you dye your hair more than 9 times a year you have a 60% higher risk of contracting blood cancer. I have my roots done every 4 weeks. The manufacturers are investigating new alternatives that don't have the suspected cancer causing ingerdients. I know there's always scare mongering in the press but I did wonder about that. But then, there's no way I would stop & let anyone see my now white roots. Serious food for thought tho' x.

So much for all this keep fit ect.:sad:

My fave presenter on QVC, and always has been. OH even commented that I look a bit like her, although I can"t really see it (would love to look that good in my 50s).

Love and good wishes to Julia and her family. Hope she comes through this and and is blessed with good health. I agree, she is the consumate professional, especially considering the fact that we have only just found out after six months.

Love to all who have lost a loved one, or who are feeling poorly right now.

Just to say Colin Brazier Sky news is also having Cancer treatment along with his wife who has stage 3 Breast Cancer as he has six children the youngest 3 year old boy this must be a very big worrie for them both.:sad:

Last edited:
My thoughts are with Julia and her family ....... as well as with Amica, Beulah and Alison. They are all inspirational in the way that they have, and are, facing this illness and its related treatment.

My positive thoughts are also sent to anyone on this forum who is affected by cancer.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I feel shocked and upset. Julia is Qvc's best presenter by far and her professionalism has been ably demonstrated by the way she's soldiered on despite ill health. All the very best to you Julia!!! xx

Sorry to hear about Julia's illness, sending positive vibes to her and her family.....Bless her she has been a trouper to carry on as she has done...

Sending my best wishes to all who are fighting this terrible illness.

Latest posts

Back