Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah, LE sometimes has the 'limp & baggy' (lol!) eyes sometimes, and I think her jowls will be the ageing issue with her. But I don't think she looks like she's had any work done. If I saw her all tightened up under the jaw line, then I would wonder.

Wonder if Mally done the Kim Kardash trick of covering JR's face in concealer, thick stuff not her perfect prep. It did look heavy and flawless. Noticed yesterday her left side looked blotchy when back to her normal tanned look.

Wonder if Mally done the Kim Kardash trick of covering JR's face in concealer, thick stuff not her perfect prep. It did look heavy and flawless. Noticed yesterday her left side looked blotchy when back to her normal tanned look.

mallys concealer is very flat that makes sense also julia's skin has a nice tan to it she was a lot lighter..liked the eyes though and the fact mally was doing the makeup from scratch instead of dotting makeup on after.

I'm not sure about that BB. What do you think she might have had done?

I can't imagine Botox, though on the other hand, her face is her fortune and people can be hypocritical when it comes to the beauty business. Look how many actresses blatantly lie about surgery.

Some folk on here have suggested a soft lens & that's feasible.

Her eyes look a bit limp & baggy sometimes, but bearing in mind she has a young child, that might be the reason. I don't think she's had eye surgery

Bertie Botox has been out to play, LE's forehead doesnt move and honey lights cant do that. Her lips are completely different to how they look on her isle of wight promo, as are her teeth. She's also had her tits hoiked up if you ask me... not that i'm an expert in mammaries :puke: :happy:

Maybe she hasnt been under the knife yet, but she will. she cant afford not to.

In response to the earlier question, what I find attractive in JR is normality. She is a normal middle aged woman and although she is lucky to have the "attractive" gene she does have several faults which most women on TV would have just eradicated with surgery. However when she wants to she can completely ramp up the glamour and look incredible, as most women can if theyre have the time and money of course. Thats why it puzzles me that so many women hate her. I think she is inspirational. She is 60 in 4 years.

Just look at some of the others (Dawbags, Halliday) to see what COULD have happened. Long may she reign!
:rock:

I don't understand why women would hate Julia unless they were jealous cows. I am sure they would come up with allegations of "me me me" but I am yet to see more than absolute minimal evidence of that, and I have been watching QVC since 1990 summat or other, and Julia is head and shoulders the best presenter they have.

My wife and I quite like her. Not sure if she's had any help keeping the wrinkles at bay but hey who cares. She's a good telly shopping presenter and should count her lucky stars that she doesn't look like Loen Love! My wife says that Loen looks like Les Dawson and I can see what she means :)

JR is still good at selling and could do so for a few more years to come. If she needs cosmetic help so that she looks good enough to be on shoppping television then thats okay by me.

i don't particularly dislike julia and i don't think there can be any argument she's a very attractive woman. however, i also can't see any argument that unfortunately, she loves herself too much. for example, she's a senior presenter so she must have chosen to work on her birthday so that she could go on and on about it publicly.1. to be the centre of attention and 2. fishing for compliments.

i may be wrong as i don't watch much these days but i don't remember other presenters even mentioning their birthday, much less make a production out of it.

i don't particularly dislike julia and i don't think there can be any argument she's a very attractive woman. however, i also can't see any argument that unfortunately, she loves herself too much. for example, she's a senior presenter so she must have chosen to work on her birthday so that she could go on and on about it publicly.1. to be the centre of attention and 2. fishing for compliments.

i may be wrong as i don't watch much these days but i don't remember other presenters even mentioning their birthday, much less make a production out of it.

Obviously you didn't see Catherine banging on about turning 40 and dropping the ages of her children so people felt obliged to comment on how wonderful she looks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

madaunty - no i didn't see that but i'm not at all surprised cos she is completely mememe. i have seen her going on about her kids ages, outrageously fishing for compliments but not in relation to her birthday.

But Catherine does look seriously young to have a 20 year old son and gets mistaken for his girlfriend and for being her daughters sister.

I agree that Debbie looks good, I don't know how old she is but she looks young. I know we laugh at some of Julia's 'moments' but in truth, I am always so relieved when I switch over and it is her presenting! She doesn't seem like she is desperately 'selling' and you don't get all the repetitive inanities. Actually when you compare her with some of the fake patter from less experienced presenters or the shouting interrupting repetitions, there is no comparison. I admit when she is on with Simon from B and W it can get too much though.

I think her voice and demeanor are part of it, but also even though yes, she is attractive - she has a confident attitude that is somehow reassuring. She reminds me of some people I know who have a similar air, can't put my finger on it but they are older than her and always come across as younger than they are. Part of it might be look after themselves, part of it their enthusiatic personalities - sending signals that you have self worth can reflect back as a kind of glamour. I mean it doesn't always, as anyone who has seen other unmentioned QVC presenters can testify.

Oh, ps. as a curly haired person can I please put in a word for curly hair!! Big asset to JR!

Last edited:
Both Catherine and Charlie have said a few times about their birthdays on air. Catherine more than Charlie and I had a feeling she was angling for some freebies. Even Kathy announced that she had a birthday and she was treating herself to a handbag (I cannot remember which handbag presentation it was).
So it is not fair to blame Julia alone.

I think Julia looks really nice recently, very fresh and attractive. At one point when she was on the Antthony TSV presentation I admit I did do a double take as one side of her face looked different to the other, puffylike as though she may have had fillers, but it was only one side, so she could well have had toothy problems.

I think Julia looks really nice recently, very fresh and attractive. At one point when she was on the Antthony TSV presentation I admit I did do a double take as one side of her face looked different to the other, puffylike as though she may have had fillers, but it was only one side, so she could well have had toothy problems.
She said she was hungry, maybe she was having a sweet.(...but she is much of a professional presenter to do that)

i think just mentioning you've had a birthday is quite different to choosing to be on air for the actual event and then banging on about it incessantly. jmho

I think she was having a bad hair today with Antthony I thought she looked like a witch. When it looks like that, all frizzy and rat taily, why doesn't she wear it up ??? when she's sweating her ears off on the pilates machine she does, and looks so much better for it.

I can sympathise with Julia. Yesterday I washed my hair, dried it do it was looking really nice. Looked fine all day. Came home and rushed about to get ready to go out for a drink and by the time I was ready to go it was frizzy. To ****** late to fix it. Drives me mad!

Presumably these people have dressing rooms containing hair straightners, yogi curling wands and the entire Ken Paves hair piece and wig collection if we are to believe them. They even have showers at Chiswich. I have none of these things at work and wouldnt go before the public I deal with like that so theres no excuse to present looking scruffy.

Latest posts

Back