Julia's Book

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the ego comes accross simply because of the subject matter of the chapters. it takes a big ego to assume that people would want to read about things that are so ordinary, as if she is the only person ever to take an exam, go on holiday, buy a car or have a list of favourite movies.

To be fair, there are chapters that were interesting, and readable.

I have no idea what love story is referred to, yes she has been with Chris for many years and he is clearly a huge support to her but apart from learning that he moved in with her after just 2 weeks I don't see what is unusual or titanic-like!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Make sure u leave a review of the book on there website :tongue:

How big does her ego come across in the book. According to DF there is a great love story in the book. I have pictures of JR and her photo shy OH arms out stretched on the bow of the Titanic.

I believe I came across very well. Although I did advise JR to delay publication until Crystal Palace maybe gained a place in the premiership. That way, JR could feature an additional chapter sharing with her huge fan base, the fact that Crystal Palace couldn't have possibly gained promotion without her -- the unwavering support towards a football team she refers to as 'her boys' :giggle:

When Debbie Flint first left QVC she was planning to write a book with the American ladies who brought their "7 secrets of Slim People" book and cassettes to QVC many years ago. That project seems to have fallen by the wayside (or should that be waistline), along with her intended weight loss. Then she ended up on Ideal World, Bid etc. She's the only one who's come back to Q though.
She has mentioned doing a creative writing course in the past, and she does strike me as someone who probably could string together a good yarn.

Jude xx
Debbie tweated in Aug12 that she had finally finished writing her novel, so maybe that's the rub she didn't make a huge Q fanfare and kept her sideline and day job separate.

WHAT is it about appearing on the tele that makes everyone and anyone believe they can write a book ?????? They're ALL at it, tv presenters, shopping channel assistants, comediennes, day time anchors, pop star hasbeens etc etc etc.

Very soon we will get to the point where the population who HAVEN'T written a book will be in the minority !!!!!

Totally agree! I saw someone reading Shaun Ryder's auto biography on the train last week, he of Happy Mondays 5 mins of fame.
I could have done that for him..."I started a band, got off my face, helped bankrupt my record company/director thanks to my hotel & other bills, got even more pi$$ed & stoned, had several hit singles, got even more ratar$ed, record sales fell apart to practically nothing but I've remained permanently off my face & deluded about how famous I am"! THE END

Oh yeh, done some DJ work & swore a lot...Must be a fascinating read zzzzz :sleepy:

Last edited:
How big does her ego come across in the book. According to DF there is a great love story in the book. I have pictures of JR and her photo shy OH arms out stretched on the bow of the Titanic.

More like a rowing boat on the boating lake at Redcar

I just gone for Julias book, couldn't resist any longer. QVC is such a big part of my life, I had to get it. I do think Im a bit stuck as to what to buy lately though. Im making random purchases here and there.

Last edited:
I bought it and returned it Tristar. Julia would be good at writing novels, in the popular fiction genre (andI mean that without the slightest hint of sarcasm- It is heartfelt praise for her style of writing.).

I just didnt see the point of an Autobiography and did not enjoy it. It would be interesting to know what you make of it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I will keep you posted. As I say, Im making random purchases and stuck as to what to buy these days. Im not a big Julia fan but as a big qvc fan, I thought I ought to have the book. She is alright but not when she is pontificating, hope there is not too much of that in the book.

One of the two people who have given a 1 star review has written 15 reviews in total and given 14 products 1 star, hard to please some people:giggle:

Anyone know how many books have been sold yet?Since she got her Booker prize nomination last Thursday she's been books on gmtv, Something for the Weekend and Sky News book review show :)

Is that a late Aprils fool or u being serious lol :smirk:

This is the kind of book you see in The Works or the pound shop just months after their release and you look at them on the shelf and think who the hell is that ?

One of the reviews on Qvc made me laugh a reviewer was thanking her for taking time out of her busy life to sign the books I nearly spat my tea across the room I like Julia but she was signing a book not coming round to fix her tap .

Latest posts

Back