Julia's Hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
Julia tweeted today:

"OK - am in Aveda deciding whether to have more than my usual trim. What do you think? New year new hairstyle #ineedyourrepliesquickly"

"Thanks for all your tweets re my hair - tune in at 9pm to see what Michael at Aveda has done #iblamealwynn"

I suggested having 6 inches cut off and having layers put in

Then she tweeted this:

"No-one has noticed my haircut yet so it can!t be that drastic! Feels very short to me - six inches off eek! Let me know what you think x"

So, what do you think?!

I haven't seen it yet, just going to have a look, but - anything has to be an improvement!

:up:it looks devine. glossy colour obviously fresh it does not look much shorter but still a winner for me :up:

Looks lovely and it's quite straight so I'd imagine it the length will be more obvious/noticeable when it's curly.

Nice top too.

It looks to be in lovely condition, but having your hair done at Aveda won't be cheap so it should be nice and glossy. I can't tell she has had it cut though...it definitely doesn't look 6 inches shorter.

My treat is to go to London (240 miles each way!!) a couple of times a year and have by hair cut by the most wonderful guy at Aveda. Stay with my sister for a couple of days at same time! It isn't cheap but is always cut really well - I didn't realise how well til I went somewhere else and had it done as the Aveda man wasn't there. Didn't last a week and wasn't that much cheaper. Mind you, as I only have it cut 2/3 times a year, it works out more economical than having it trimmed every 6-8 weeks at home and I get a mini-break out of it too.

I have very curly, wild hair and it always 'shrinks' in length between being damp and being dry. You can have a glossing treatment at Aveda as well and I bet JR has had that too. Looks so much better on her tonight.

Just a had a look at a product video from earlier.
Certainly doesn't look anywhere near 6 inches.

But then again, if it was done by a fella, we all know that their idea of 6" is different to ours.....
:cheeky::tongue:

Lol!
I'm saying NOTHING!

Wow! Those locks look luscious!

By the way, if you don't want to pay top dollar at Aveda Institute and are free on a Monday/Tuesday, they are always looking for colour/cut models.

http://www.aveda.co.uk/docs/inst_model_card.pdf
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=137839679567061

I've had cuts and highlights there and I've been very pleased with the results. Students are well supervised, cuts are free, colour starts from £10 and highlights are £20. Bear in mind that you'll probably spend a fair amount of time there, but that's a small price to pay for a cracking hairdo at a bargain price.

Tuning in at 11.00pm and think Julia's hair looks really fab. Shinny, sleek, controlled and the length is much better too. She's on top form but NOTHING will convince me to buy a Quacker!

Just a had a look at a product video from earlier.
Certainly doesn't look anywhere near 6 inches.

But then again, if it was done by a fella, we all know that their idea of 6" is different to ours.....
:cheeky::tongue:

And being JR it will have been a "small six inches" :rolleyes:

Sorry, I honestly didn't notice any difference in length. I read somewhere that the best hair products to use for a glossy shine are the ones that are used for horses tails ! Seems logical I suppose.

I wonder if Q will start selling Aveda again - there was a time when AY couldn't 'live' without Shampure.

I think it was more like 2 inches she lost onto the salon floor, I`ve had so many bad cuts I`ve reverted to cutting my own hair again as I did as a student nurse when I couldn`t afford to go to the hairdressers Its difficult because I have mobility/ fatigue problems but at least it doesn`t cost me just takes me some time with having to rest inbetween.
I could do with finding a site that has recommended stylists on if one exists!!

I think it was more like 2 inches she lost onto the salon floor, I`ve had so many bad cuts I`ve reverted to cutting my own hair again as I did as a student nurse when I couldn`t afford to go to the hairdressers Its difficult because I have mobility/ fatigue problems but at least it doesn`t cost me just takes me some time with having to rest inbetween.
I could do with finding a site that has recommended stylists on if one exists!!

i'm sure there are some - what about youtube?? i've seen a 'how to use straighteners' demo so there may be cuts as well. (((hugs)))

Julia tweeted today:

"OK - am in Aveda deciding whether to have more than my usual trim. What do you think? New year new hairstyle #ineedyourrepliesquickly"

"Thanks for all your tweets re my hair - tune in at 9pm to see what Michael at Aveda has done #iblamealwynn"

Then she tweeted this:

"No-one has noticed my haircut yet so it can!t be that drastic! Feels very short to me - six inches off eek! Let me know what you think x"

So, what do you think?!
I think Miss Piggy was attention seeking again. :rolleyes: The vain b*tch surely had that conversation with her bliddy HAIRDRESSER :wonder: and really, who gives a fcuk what she does with her hair - except all the sad gits who actually responded to her tweets?? :rolleyes: Twitter is the attention seekers' dream platform to promote themselves and all the boring minutae in their self-obsessed lives. :rolleyes:

think she was blatantly trying to either get a discount or a freebie mentioning where she has her hair done incidentally i remember years ago qvc selling the aveda shampoos etc couldn't have been that good if they disappeared

re twitter i'm a tweeter no smuttiness please :tongue: hehe the presenters are so not worth following they're really boring we want to know about JR having her hair done yawn! am willing to be proved wrong though so if any presenter is actually a bit entertaining let me know lol

Last edited:
I believe Aveda stopped selling on QVC when they were taken over by Estee Lauder. I love Aveda and they used to have some great TSV's, one brand I would love to see back on Q

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back