Just Out Of Curiosity ............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheetycat

Registered Shopper
Does anyone else find that over time their presenter/guest favourites and dislikes change?

For example, I used to quite like Anne Dawson, now she just gets on my nerves. I never used to mind Jill Franks but now I just can't watch her, I actually have to switch her off she's so irritating.

On the other hand I really couldn't take to Chloe or to Catherine when they first started but now they are actually amongst my favourites. Likewise Jackie & Marverine, perhaps not my "favourites" but I do enjoy watching them.

Will Gowing?? I'm yet to figure out his actual purpose other than to faff about on social media so I think he's a staff member too many in my opinion!

And as for guests -

People who never used to bother me one way or another are now making me cringe and give me that cold shiver feeling - Jill Gauntlett, Lee Hohbein, Yankee Candle Steven, Lulu, Liz Earle Caroline to name a few.

Maybe our tastes just change over time ......... or maybe I'm watching too much TV! :wink:

Does anyone else find this?

I don't watch a lot of QVC any more but I find almost all the presenters and guests get on my pips. I used to like Julia Roberts but even she starts to grate after 5 minutes. No I can't think of any of them that I particularly want to watch any more.

my tastes have not changed at all. sara grithiths, simon biaggi have always been my two least fav prosenters from day one

Yesterday I caught a little bit of Julia and thought that they way she was speaking and throwing her head around was a bit strange, if my friends acted like this I would recommend they look in the mirror or she a doctor.

I used to quite like Pipa and Jilly, but then after awhile you get their catch phrases which are used endlessly. Now both bore me with the Yeah Yeah Yeah and this is selling really really fast so jump to the phones.

The others I dislike since the beginning of seeing them. I cannot say I have a favourite now at all.

I agree about Pippa,she gets on my pip now with all the "yeah, yeah, yeahs and didn't mind Sara Griffiths first time round but she irritates me a bit. Have never taken to Kabler, Maverine or Chloe, all for different reasons. I don't vwatch much Q now but whenever I switch on it always seems to be the Franks show!

I find on the whole my likes and dislikes have stayed the same. The only one I have really changed my opinion of is Claire Sutton. I used to think she was an irritating blonde bimbo with a childish voice but once I had read her blog re her son and how she handles that I managed to get past the voice. I quite like her now though she can still be a little irritating.

I used to quite like Pipa and Jilly, but then after awhile you get their catch phrases which are used endlessly. Now both bore me with the Yeah Yeah Yeah and this is selling really really fast so jump to the phones.

The others I dislike since the beginning of seeing them. I cannot say I have a favourite now at all.

Used to be a big Pippa (prob my fav presenter) but since she's come back (after her break) find her bit annoying! Not sure why but just do. I only now choose to watch a few, cannot watch some that bleat on and on...and on and on....:mysmilie_48:

I like them both but lately aware of Jilly always saying 'you're really gonna love this'. I'm waiting for it now and cringing.

I do find that the list of those I can't watch at all is growing.

Yes I`m the same and I think I might have turned into the female version of Victor Meldrew.

Join the club--I feel like that too as though I am always on the negative side! I don't watch Q as much these days as I am not buying & the only one I could really watch was Julia but lately when she is modelling & preening looking at the monitor she too has got on my nerves.I am (of the few) who like Alison Y, although I admit I do 'mute her' I find her very amusing at times.
Off QVC have just seen Amanda Holden on 'This Morning' what a hard awful laugh she has!

I think when they all start to irritate you have been watching too much. I can't remember the last time I watched a whole hour with the sound on!

I think when they all start to irritate you have been watching too much. I can't remember the last time I watched a whole hour with the sound on!

I haven`t watched a full programme in a long long time. Even the short video clips annoy me !

The irritatingness of the presenters is generally in inverse proportion to the amount of exposure to them.

Morning/daytime regulars are easier to tolerate than those on in the evening. At present my viewing has dwindled to just about nothing. I don't want to buy, and QVC don't want to entertain. If I want some aural wallpaper these days I'm more likely to tune into IW, as even if I'm not buying, I'm generally getting entertained.

My #1 most disliked presenter is Sara Griffiths. My #1 most disliked male presenter is Simon AND! Biagi, I cannot tolerate even the smallest amount of exposure to their overbearing presenting style. Sara pips Simon to the top spot because she really doesn't like to be interrupted by the expert guest when she's pontificating about the product... she has developed a rather foghorn like delivery it's impossible for the guest to speak over.

I used to like Jilly "oh ok" Halliday, but the rare times I channel hop on QVC for a nose, I find her voice droning and she hides her hard sell extremely well behind her nice girl (which I'm sure she is) persona. She does the same as Chloe "absolutely beautiful indeed" Everton, when a guest gets a word in, they answer with "it is" "it does" "it........" I've probably noticed more because I closed my account two years ago after twenty years, annoying presenters was just one of the reasons.

I used to quite like Pipa but now can't stand her, she comes across as so insincere and false and extremely OTT. Julia used to be my favourite but can't do with her for 5 minutes any more. If l am honest l think l have gone off all of them and QVC as well. I don't watch half as much as l used to and certainly aren't buying much.

Latest posts

Back