Kipling TSV 28/8/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like the style as it's a practical shape but not the colours so will give this is miss.
I think the choice of colours is VERY poor.

I like the style as it's a practical shape but not the colours so will give this is miss.
I think the choice of colours is VERY poor.

Totally agree. I've got the leather Sophie version and this bag works for me (although I do think that in the less structured nylon the wide base might 'pull down' a bit if there's heavy items in it) but putting summery colours on at this time of year is just silly.

A dark brown or dark wine colour and I might have been tempted. No patterns in winter for me, thanks.

I love the shape and design, but am also disappointed with the colours...

I have a ordered a Nica 'Mint' bag from Freemans and it is sitting beside me, and I am deciding whether to keep that instead of ordering the TSV...

mint.jpg

I must be having some sort of shed collapse :eek: because i cant find any of these bags on the Kipling site. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I would love a Sophie but just can't afford it so this is the next best thing as I love the idea of seperate compartments. I've gone for black as the other colours are just awful and will date so quickly (the cubey designs are so ugly). I would rather have had some lovely reds and purples.

I think I have taken leave of my senses. After saying I'd never pay that much for a nylon bag ... I went and ordered the black one. I really like the Sophie but wouldn't purchase it as it is leather so thought this might work. I hope it's nice when it turns up. They didn't show us much of the inside. Am worried I will get a saggy bottom :eek: if I put too much in it though. And not sure how big the handles are. Hate the shoulder strap. If I keep it, that bliddy awful monkey is going in the bin.

I think I have taken leave of my senses. After saying I'd never pay that much for a nylon bag ... I went and ordered the black one. I really like the Sophie but wouldn't purchase it as it is leather so thought this might work. I hope it's nice when it turns up. They didn't show us much of the inside. Am worried I will get a saggy bottom :eek: if I put too much in it though. And not sure how big the handles are. Hate the shoulder strap. If I keep it, that bliddy awful monkey is going in the bin.

Noooo....poor monkey!:eek: Give him to a child or sell him on ebay:)

My monkeys going in the bin too. I hate the thngs, they're ugly and they ruin the look of the bag, why on earth they persisit on putting them even on tiny bags (where often they are bigger than the bag itself) is beyond me. Horrible things.

Anyone who doesn't want their monkeys (or anything else for that matter!) Pussycat Lodge Trust my local cat sanctuary would be very pleased to have them to sell. :D Just pm me thanks.

Leather handles???

uh-oh. Getting worried now. There is a video on the rTherapy site which say the handles are leather. All the bag descriptions I can find only say crinkle nylon for the materials though. Does anyone know if the nylon bags sometimes have a leather 'grip' on them? If so, will have to cancel the order.

Just called QVC and they said there is no mention of leather on their description sheet. It mentions plastic for the zip pulls so the chap thought the grip on the handle would be plastic too. Fingers crossed.

they would definatly have said if the handles were leather because it would be a selling point for a lot of people. :elmo: They look to me like they are webbing.

Anyone who doesn't want their monkeys (or anything else for that matter!) Pussycat Lodge Trust my local cat sanctuary would be very pleased to have them to sell. :D Just pm me thanks.

Great idea!!! Seems a shame to waste the monkeys. :)

uh-oh. Getting worried now. There is a video on the rTherapy site which say the handles are leather. All the bag descriptions I can find only say crinkle nylon for the materials though. Does anyone know if the nylon bags sometimes have a leather 'grip' on them? If so, will have to cancel the order.

A lot of Kipling bags have the webbing straps but along the top there is a strip of leather that has the Kipling name on it.

If you look at this link and view all the wee pics you should see what I mean

http://www.ebags.co.uk/kipling/foll...strap/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=112135

I really like the look of this bag (I LOVE my Sophie!!) but I agree that the colours are utterly rubbish! Looking on eBags I love the Cassis, Expresso Brown, Petrol and Slate Grey - none of which QVC have!! Well they've saved me some money!!!

Em xXx

I have a Grapevine and it has the same handle. Its not leather, does look like it though. Helps the bag sit on your shoulder better.

I have two of the Deva collection and they do have leather handles.

P.S. Am I the only one to find the "exclusive to QVC" colours a complete turn-off!! Not sure I really want people to know my bag is only available from them!!!

Em xXx

P.S. Am I the only one to find the "exclusive to QVC" colours a complete turn-off!! Not sure I really want people to know my bag is only available from them!!!

Em xXx

lol good point!

About the 'leather' handles - the Candy has a similar 'leather' patch, I'm pretty sure it's not real leather.

The nylon bags with leather trim are in the Star and City ranges (and yes Kipling do use it as a selling point) not in the standard ranges as far as I know.

I have a Grapevine and it has the same handle. Its not leather, does look like it though. Helps the bag sit on your shoulder better.

I have two of the Deva collection and they do have leather handles.

Thanks Donna. I shall sniff it when it arrives - should smell leathery if it's real!

Latest posts

Back