L’occitane TSV 13/03/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i said a long time ago that this felt like a "retinol" product and I was right. I am not a lover of retinol. I don't need it. I use Alpha H as a exfoliator don't need this. its nice cream but it did make my skin peel

The serum has retinol in it I think as Alexisis has said you must not use the serum in the day time. The Devine cream does feel fabulous on. Gorgeous.

Time for my occasional bitch-rant (occasional only because I don’t see much QVC now).

I flicked the telly on earlier just as the TSV launch show started and I was mesmerised by Alison Young‘s acid yellow check dress (shroud), which is reminiscent of a 1970s Skegness seafront café tablecloth. So I left it on in the background as I was getting something to eat. I only had it on till 9.19pm and in that time, Alison mentioned three times that she is a qualified beauty expert (and aromatherapist, she said once) - I was in and out so she probably said it more and I missed it. There’s something about that phrase that really jars - it sounds such an odd thing for someone to say about themself.

Also, in all that time, the model (Sam?) was constantly rubbing, patting and smoothing the Immortelle cream over her face like her life depended on it. AY introduced her saying Sam’s opinion would be very useful to us as she (Sam) only used the products for the first time recently when she received them to trial. She stressed, too, that they (presumably Sam and AY) had received the stuff free of charge. What’s going on? Have they been told that they have to state that now? As if we need reminding!

As I always say when they are applying creams and perfumes in the studio, WHAT IS THE POINT?!! We don’t need to watch someone apply a ****** face cream! It tells us nothing! We can’t feel, smell or enjoy it. And what difference does it make that the person doing this has had the products to try at home before coming on air to slather more on?!!

:mad:🤬👎
Your post is simply brilliant! Thanks for giving me such a good laugh

Does anyone know if the peeling effect from L'occitane Divine is from just the Overnight Reset Serum, or, from the Divine Immortelle Cream too?
Thank you

Does anyone know if the peeling effect from L'occitane Divine is from just the Overnight Reset Serum, or, from the Divine Immortelle Cream too?
Thank you
From what I remember in the presentations Alexis said that it's the serum and that's why it should only be used at night but I'm sure other forumites paid far more attention to her and will have the definitive answer.

Alexis was at pains to point out that she wouldn’t put retinol on her face and that this was a natural alternative.😊
I have no idea why people actually believe what she says. In an older clip of her flogging the same item, she referred to the ingredient as 'natures botox'. Eh? No such thing.

Thank you
I believe its the Immortelle flower that has the natural "retinol" within it so the cream must have it in to. Maybe the serum has a higher percentage than the Devine Cream

Thank you
Here's L'Occitane's take on the rangenatural-alternative-to-retinol,83,1,29921,1595415.htm

I went for the tsv, and have had no issues with either the cream or the reset serum, and my skin can be quite reactive, I was really glad I went for it and won't be cancelling the advanced order one I also decided to buy,

I went for the tsv, and have had no issues with either the cream or the reset serum, and my skin can be quite reactive, I was really glad I went for it and won't be cancelling the advanced order one I also decided to buy,
I am odd lol..the cream is really really lovely. But its active. It exfoliates and imo dries the skin out a wee bit as pat of the process. My family who see me every day says my skin looks lovely. Since I bought this So imo this cream works. BUT it does make's my skin feel dry. And I don't really want that. I love a moisturiser that give me a lot of comfort. Liz Earle Superskin is spot on.That makes my skin feel Fab. Also Decleor "Hydra Floral Rich" spot on. Your skin feels hydrated and moisturised until you wash it off. Space NK do a vitamin "e" team I had a sample that was fab.The very best!

Ahhh I am slow but I was not going mad found an article that explains my experience. Dont get me wrong The Divine cream is nice but I was just perplexed as to why my skin felt dry. retinization-period

Sadly, mine is going back. I really wanted to like it, but it did not make my skin feel nice at all. Also I woke up on the second morning with swollen and itchy eyes. The cream had a really weird smell, which reminded me of old ashtrays. Certainly not worth the high price.

I cancelled the one I had on advanced order mainly because I persuaded myself I did not need another skincare regime.I have used and like the Judith Williams retinol range and I think I remember her saying it contains a plant based more natural form of retinol.I might not be right on that but perhaps the L’Occ. one is similar?

I cancelled the one I had on advanced order mainly because I persuaded myself I did not need another skincare regime.I have used and like the Judith Williams retinol range and I think I remember her saying it contains a plant based more natural form of retinol.I might not be right on that but perhaps the L’Occ. one is similar?

The l'occitane retinol is from the Immortelle flower. so plant based. I suppose if I just keep using it I won't notice my skin feeling dry and I will get used to it. I don't expect a moisturiser to make my skin feel dry but it looks good apparently and the texture is smoother so Its a keeper. I will alternate the regime after I have used this up with my other moisturisers to give my skin its comfort factor!

The l'occitane retinol is from the Immortelle flower. so plant based. I suppose if I just keep using it I won't notice my skin feeling dry and I will get used to it. I don't expect a moisturiser to make my skin feel dry but it looks good apparently and the texture is smoother so Its a keeper. I will alternate the regime after I have used this up with my other moisturisers to give my skin its comfort factor!
I dear friend bought me the L'occitane TSV as he knew I wanted it and my funds are a bit tight and I found the same thing.

In the morning I use a different serum (the Aldi Q10, cheap as chips) under the moisturiser and it's giving my skin the comfort and I think my skin is looking better than it has for ages, a couple of dry flaky patches have gone and it's looking brighter, I've ditched the foundation and just use a little CC cream with SPF and concealer on my dark circles.

I dear friend bought me the L'occitane TSV as he knew I wanted it and my funds are a bit tight and I found the same thing.

In the morning I use a different serum (the Aldi Q10, cheap as chips) under the moisturiser and it's giving my skin the comfort and I think my skin is looking better than it has for ages, a couple of dry flaky patches have gone and it's looking brighter, I've ditched the foundation and just use a little CC cream with SPF and concealer on my dark circles.
Good on you. I will use the results are excellent apparently lol...have you tried the eye product from the TSV? SusieSue?

Good on you. I will use the results are excellent apparently lol...have you tried the eye product from the TSV? SusieSue?
Yes I'm using it, I haven't had any reaction, it sinks in really easily and I don't have puffy eyes in the morning, but it keeps that area nicely moisturised, plus I can use concealer over it to cover my inherited tendency to dark circles (thanks mother!)

I haven't seen a huge reduction in my lines but I'm realistic enough to know that is very unlikely to happen whatever I use, unless I use a good plastic surgeon :D

Latest posts

Back