Laura geller eyeshadow

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WildRose

Registered Shopper
wanted to ask you lovely ladies (or gents if you use eyeshadow) a question. I like Laura Geller eyeshadows very much, but when I have used them for a while I seem to develop difficulties in using them. For some reason the shadows "sparkly bits" start ending up all over my eye area (esp underneath and on my cheek) rather then just the eyelid, and this never happens when the shadow is new. :doh:
Does this happen to anyone else? Is my technique to blame? Any suggestions to avoid it?
Any help much appreciated, thanks

Honestly I have loads of LG eyeshadows and found they were never the same once they had been wet down,the best eyeshadows I am using now are the new Bare Minerals pressed compact,the colours are true and do stay on,have no idea of price as brought them in America,but they are in my House of Fraser store.
Lynn

I have had the same problem, and whilst they do not irritate my eyes when new - when they have been used and the sparkly bits are increased then they make my eyes water. I prefer Bobby Brown, Jane Iredale, smashbox and Virgin Vie shadows now - weirdly the most reaction I got from any product on QVC was Bare Minerals, made my eyes swell and my skin become red, so I don't believe that there are only natural products in them.

Yes happens to me also once you've wet them and then try to use them again dry.

However I don't mind a bit sparkle :tongue: and I just "Clean up" the area after I've applied.

I find laura's shadows not very good quality sorry to say, I tried Bobbi Browns sometime ago and never looked back.

completely agree. I also found LG eyeshadows had poor staying power. The Eye Rimz never seem to work either. Its Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier for me, although I do like the eyeshadow quad that came in the last Smashbox TSV.

I have the same problem! And have to get a brush and gently get it off my cheeks which can sometime smudge and make a shadow so it can be a pain. I do love her shadows because they seems to have good pigment in them but her TSVs seem to always go for purple which just does not suit me.

I did hear laura say last time she was on to put the spackle on and then do your eyes so you don't have to worry about this problem and then do the foundation last.

I have also found the same problem with the Smashbox loose eyeliner which is a nightmare to get on (which I only have because it was in a TSV).

thank you everyone, at least I also know now that it is not just me. Always wondered why they work fine in the beginning and never made the connection with wetting them.

Love the people and their friendly advice in this forum, thank you again :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Latest posts

Back